Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New player review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hillbilly55, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

fix bindings

you "have" to use a script in this game, this is super offputting.

New dawn fixed most of this stuff, bind a weapon to a skill/spell for 1 click load or autocast

RoA: make a 3rd party script that keeps track of what weapon you are using, great design, not

Raap, Scrapnotcrap and Methodico like this.
  2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Hi,

I can see you haven't logged into Rise of Agon do you want to clarify your points? You most definitely do not need to use scripts to play Rise of Agon.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  3. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

because i made this account to post.
    (I kind of thought people would be familiar enough with the different df and it's shortcommings that it don't need much explaining, but it's super suprising this is not adressed in RoA because ND fixed it fast. along with some inputlag enchanting stuff, playing with higher ping makes these double presses even more of a problem, and relying on a script just feelsbadman)

You don't seem to be able to bind your staff to your transfer for example. making it a 1 button press to go from melee to transfer for example. only thing that seem to work is shield + 1h + parry being 1 button. you have to first select your weapon then load / autocast the spell.

Because roa don't offer the option to have it in 1 key you need a AHK script to make 1 button take out your staff and then load/select the spell you wanted.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  4. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

No, you don't need to do this and nobody does it. You bind your staff to a skill and spell to another. It's 2 button presses, a script is not needed. You should log in and see the changes that we have made to bindings with built in options to do everything scripts accomplished in DFO.

5. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

exactly, how do I use your improved bindings to make it always a 1 button press to cast a transfer?
    A script does this and it's a major convenience, both ND and UW accomplished this.

however logging in and setting up a script is a major inconvenience.

6. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

This is a design choice and like I said nobody uses a script for this. Pressing two buttons is not a major inconvenience.

Urek Mazino and The Red King like this.
  7. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

It is when you have more skills than keys and you only have so many fingers. Donno why not let players choose their setup, because they will anyway but you could help us along by not looking the other way making us use scripts for basic controls?

And the first NA player/RoA vet I dueld n chatted with said AHK is allowed and used. Isn't this in itself a clear indicator there's still missing functionality in your keybinds/control design?

8. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

Because it's a design choice, pressing one button instead of two is removing some of the skill involved in the game. And I repeat nobody is using AHK for this purpose.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve controls/bindings for all players that doesn't effect combat balance.

9. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

Look no further I'm right here telling you that there are players who prefer it this way and we are using AHK for it if you overlook it. If this nobody prefers two button presses he's free to do it that way.

And ponder this, why did you implement autocast, by your philosophy isn't 2 button presses and a mouse click more skillful than just 2 key presses?
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually I sort of have to press 3 times to a cast because it's not responsive enough/ I press too fast, you could fix this with the que system ND did. Makes the game more responsive and better for high ping

Zuul Ghat likes this.
  10. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Nobody uses a script for this lol. <snip>

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  11. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Akathar
    Wealthy Legend

New dawn is dead and for good reason

Urek Mazino and The Red King like this.
  12. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

Im with you i ask for this from ages. They speak about put staffs on paperdoll for this purpose but they didn't. Infact i have staffs in same slot of spells so i double click same Key two times to switch and cast. But It Is very annoing when you use different staffs or you have looted staffs in bag. I think that this It's the worst thing , expecially for new players, because makes this game very unconfortable. All my Friends have serious problems with that, with bindings, infact they leave.

13. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Having come from New Dawn myself in the summer, this not being able to one click spells bothered me for all of one day of duelling! It's a total non-issue. Play the game and your muscle memory will soon adjust!

Urek Mazino, Slayven and The Red King like this.
  14. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Akathar
    Wealthy Legend

yes but the carebear mentality will not adjust. Stomp your feet and scream and shout and you will get your way eventually.

Slayven likes this.
  15. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

It's not about being care bear. I thought the same thing. New Dawn changes are far superior to RoA. When I came over from New Dawn I thought RoA felt clunky. Sure your muscle memory will adjust but RoA's design decision is crap.

If want to go down the care bear route, RoA is now care bear.

That is why I chose New Dawn over RoA and these are the same reasons why I don't play any Darkfall version. This game is most likely done.

Raap likes this.
  16. Brian Badonde

Brian Badonde Goblin Scout
    Loyal

My script in DFO allowed me to parry and use rays with my right mouse button.

I also had a script to select a secondary weapon, whirlwind, change back to primary wep with a single key press.

How do I hook that up in game? Couldnt fond a way myself.

I also tried to recreate a ray heavy damage staff swap macro but found it inconsisyent at best.

I think the RoA in game macro sysyem is dope but you are underestimating the power of ahk.

You can even see some scripts ebident in RoAs top pvpers vids. I would like to see it outlawed tbh...

17. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

The changes were huge but there still are/were people using scripts. You can see Rex still uses at least a ray macro in his videos (IDK why, maybe it's faster or maybe it's habit), and I've known other people to use parry macros because auto parry doesn't work 100% of the time.

Methodico likes this.
  18. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Ive heard about the parry macro, not gonna lie :( i rage when my parry doesnt parry and i just look like an idiot

Methodico likes this.
  19. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

I disagree with it not being an inconvenience, when it comes to a game like this, fast paced combat every convenience and quality of life improvement to make the game feel and act smoother is paramount to its gameplay.

I feel its a shortcoming if its a design choice. it just makes players with the knowhow to make it a convenience via a third party scripting language better able have a better time in this game, which is unfortunate its not available to everyone.

Raap, Sameog, Slayven and 1 other person like this.
  20. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Calling him a liar right of the bat lol

anyway if you equip a staff and do not wait 300ms you will get the "inventory item is locked" message and the next action will be delayed.

With ahk you can track your current equipped weapon and add a delay ONLY in case you don't already have the staff equipped (the same goes for every skills for every weapon).
    I can go from sword to ray in 1 press and with the minimum wait time and no item locked delay.

for those who need it:
    Code:
    SwapWeaponDelay = 300 ;the delay before pressing after equipping another weapon
    CurrentEquippedWeap = 0 ; 0=shield, 1=2hweap, 2=staff, 3=daggers, 4 = bow

;using tab for melee weap
    $Tab::
        ;if 2hweap not already equipped
        global CurrentEquippedWeap
        if(CurrentEquippedWeap != 1)
        {
            ;send tab to equip weap
            Send {Tab}
            CurrentEquippedWeap = 1     

;wait for equip it
            global SwapWeaponDelay