Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New player review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hillbilly55, Feb 9, 2020.

1. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

New Dawn had better responsiveness. I dont know how seeing as their server was in EU.

Being a west coaster, I had constant issues with whirlwind not going off on RoA, weapon binds not working when I press them, spells double casting or taking extra time to load up. Having anything above 70 ping is trash in this game and I wish theyd fix it. You'd think that would be priority seeing as how they only have one server.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #41 onslaught, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Zuul Ghat, Featherbeans and Methodico like this.
  2. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

Oh, would you look at that. Another one my posts removed by you know who.

Sero likes this.
  3. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

What I know is that in Counterstrike no one with a functional PC and peripherals EVER had to press the main gun key or the knife key or the pistol key or any of the nade keys more than one time for them to come out when the game is supposed to allow it.

One presses the key, there is an animation depending on what you are pulling out, and that's it.

Now, we know CS is a much more simple game than any RPG and the only "induction" based actions happen when you plant or defuse the C4 (or rescue the hostage). But nevertheless...

Pressing the guns/knife/utility keys in CS Work everytime, 100% of the time with ANY ping - unless the server you are playing on is having serious issues.

4. Zuul Ghat

Zuul Ghat Deadeye
    Legend

I had 135 ping from Texas and it felt smooth. Never had a problem but I did have friend on West Coast with 185 ping having problems.

5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

unless the server you are playing on is having serious issues.

Well stop there
    --- Post updated ---
    Let’s just try to have fun with what we got man..
    Stop playing or stop bitching

6. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Sorry, my second paragraph was meant to be about BPG and ROA.

7. Raap

Raap Windlord

New Dawn had a better GUI, it was much more responsive, ping-friendly due to the action queue, and allowed for more convenient features like the weapon bar and more bank sorting tools.

New Dawn ended up failing because they had completely unrealistic gameplay-level design choices for which they did not have the resources to properly implement.

RoA's GUI is arguably the driving factor in why a lot of ex-New Dawn players quit this game last year, that alongside the fact that sieges kept happening at 4-7 AM EU time.

Methodico likes this.
  8. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

interesting thread

9. Hillbilly55

Hillbilly55 New Member

What do you find interesting? I think it would be interesting if Synna Number 1 elaborated!

10. Searven

Searven New Member
    Legend

Not wanting money from the players while not being able to pay their taxes might have contributed to this as well. Big brain frenchies

Battle Smurf likes this.
  11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

it feels more like the staff as multiple alternative fire buttons.

but i get your point. we can get used to selecting staff, spell, clicking, but if you want more dps, you definetely want AHK in order to press 2 buttons: slow staff, ray(auto-cast).

i just want the devs to implement that ingame: we should be able to press 1 button to pick staff + spell or ban ahk.

Methodico likes this.
  12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Actually New Dawn devs being financially retarded and not paying their bills or charging for the game is what really killed them, they got taken to court and lost everything.

Their server location being Paris also hurt them

But I agree New Dawn was the superior product

Zuul Ghat likes this.
  13. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

If it's so important to you, then use a script. It's not that hard. You definitely don't need one.

Geezy likes this.
  14. Sameog

Sameog Undead Dwarf
    Legend

"It's not really subjective, it's playable vs unplayable binds. You get different answers because people have always had to set binds up themselves in the past. BPG never finished setting up the binds anyways there were always bugs and they never did the tutorial that was supposed to go along side them. Not to mention a practice arena so people can practice. The default bindings aren't for vets that already have their own setup either, it is to help new players so they don't have to go through the hassle of setting up their own binds, or at least so they have some idea of what is necessary without asking for help.
    I still think it would be a good idea to have all of the default bindings listed in the spellbook so people can discover what spells they have bound to what at their own pace."

reposting since it was deleted for "spamming"

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Uhhh, I don't really care either way on this topic, but how can you sit there and say "nobody is using AHK for this purpose." You wouldn't really know if they were, and it's fairly easy to setup a script to do this. It's not necessary sure, since double tapping a key is very easy... but kilrain also thought that the parry script didn't fix issues with parrying.

16. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

Yes now tell to a new player, after he set up his bindings (not Easy), that to compete in this game he need ahk ,and you Will have a empty game....

17. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

ive never used ahk in roa, granted the shield script could prevent you from throwing a fight. The ig binds are about as simple as possible.

Remember when keystrokes per second was an actual skill b4 everything was scripted, fuck a learning curve or skill ceiling amirite.

#57 HeganHatsumo, Feb 22, 2020 at 3:51 PM
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020 at 3:56 PM
    Slayven likes this.