Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New player trying to ask questions banned from discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamallWorld, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandahSykes

PandahSykes Goblin Shaman

Darkfall discord is an absolute joke - don't go there unless you want to be noob shamed !

zyafen likes this.
  2. zyafen

zyafen Goblin Warrior
    Hero

so the way to get rid of trolls is to simply ignore them.

however banning people for asking stupid questions is petty and is a sign of weakness.

if you're going to ban trolls for petty things ban those who just simply have to engage trolls too. they are both as bad as each other.

cannabis likes this.
  3. Drago

Drago Deadeye

Lol @this guy gettting banned but not the 5 retards spamming the offtopic with nazi propaganda

Rorschach, Kwatos and BootyEater69 like this.
  4. SamallWorld

SamallWorld New Member

The moderator in this thread bloodscar unbanned me, but then the community manager banned me again so can any staff member explain to me why I was banned. All I did was ask questions that any newbie would ask, I don't get it

Kwatos likes this.
  5. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Go there to call Grim a kook. If only just for that.

6. Akasha

Akasha Goblin Warrior

The moderation is definitely way too heavy handed.

cannabis and Navlaan like this.
  7. ketchupNsteak

ketchupNsteak Goblin Warrior

Thank god a second darkfall version is being made.

8. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Troll

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  9. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

With that attitude; we didn't want you amyways.

10. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Real talk - @Andrew I'm sure you guys are busy but one of your folks is real heavy handed on the banning

You're running a real company now, not some snobby clan, I hope you address this. The DFO discord is a valuable source of information and there aren't any clear rules posted that are being violated - just someone with some power and ego.

It doesn't make BPG look good or professional. You don't need to deal with Blizzard level abuse, but it's okay to get bitched at or complained to.

Drago, cannabis and Maejohl like this.
  11. Mighty

Mighty Skeleton Archer
    Hero

You're right it isn't a professional discord, generally speaking they should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want with thier discord, it isn't like its the darkfall rise of agon, official supreme ultimate source of communication that all must use. its just fucking discord, the forums is their domain not some shitty app, they just need to get a better mod if he keeps banning kids

also, the guy's trolling. Do you honestly think a thread with a click-bait title aka "Im a newb who doesn't know anything all i did was ask and now I WAS SHAMED BY THE MODERATOR AND BANNED", then mentioned he would probably not even try out the game. like either the guys trolling, or we actually have someone who's quite the bit slow who managed to perfectly word his reactions. #cofeerant out

12. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

He's not the only one who's complained of heavy-handed Discord moderation, with bans being handed out with a surprising frequency.

BPG are indeed amateurs (in the sense that they're not being paid for this) but they are operating a paid for service - and the discord is held out as their official discord server. So they need to treat people with some element of professionalism, otherwise that just gets out and starts to pull down their brand.

I get that many on the Discord might well deserve bans, but I've also seen myself people being banned simply for disagreeing with a direction the game is taking - without using offensive language or spamming.

Wing_Zero likes this.
  13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

You are a New Dawn fanboi who has been non-stop spamming and trolling reddit and these forums on alt accounts for weeks trying to sabotage our game. It is really strange to have such an obsession with a game you don't like to the point of spending all your free time trying to sabotage it. Kindly spend your time on the New Dawn forums with the 7 other people playing that shit game and stay away from ours. Prish.

TijuanaThunder and JasonDark like this.
  14. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Op asked the same question 10 times, I answered him in 3rd of fourth ask because I had just gotten back from afk.

He acknowledged my answer then asked 6 more times before community manager banned him.

This was in general chat too not new player section of discord

15. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

I've never used an alt account here or elsewhere to make negative posts about this game or its devs. I don't hide behind fake names (like many on these forums and elsewhere do) when I make a post. I'm not ashamed to speak my mind.

And I note you (Ron Mexico) simply resorted to a personal attack and not actually acknowledged any of the - frankly inarguable - points I and others make in this point.

@Bladra I wasn't seeking to defend the OP. Instead, I'm pointing out what I've seen and what others have reported.

16. gfaust

gfaust Goblin Scout

17. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I'll give u that u don't hid behind a unknown name...
    But let remind everyone here it's a privaledge to play..Bpg Can say fuck u at any one for any reason..don't abuse it. Not really directed at u I want to quote u because he's never hid his face and that at a minimum Should be noted.

18. ketchupNsteak

ketchupNsteak Goblin Warrior

What a weird liar you are. He asked the question two times. Once before his ban and the second time after his ban because he obviously never got to see his question answered the first time.

I asked the community manager why he banned him and he told me because he thought he was someone else. I asked him based off what and he told me to stop talking about the ban or i'll be banned too.
    --- Post updated ---
    I like the game but the staff is just too incompetent for me to continue playing. This thread is just a tiny example of what i am talking about.
    --- Post updated ---
    No one but you came up with this story that he asked 10 times, most people just said he is wilbur. Weird liars like you are the best.

19. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I totally believe you are not the same guy as the original poster

20. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

I counted and I don't see how he didn't get his answer because I messaged him the answer directly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.