Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New player trying to ask questions banned from discord

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamallWorld, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ketchupNsteak

ketchupNsteak Goblin Warrior

No one but you came up with this story that he asked 10 times. Weird liars like you are the best.
    I totally believe you and Bladra aren't the same person.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ohh you messaged him directly? show us a screenshot. Also you can't message them if they aren't in the same discord as you unless you added him as a friend. You suck at lying lol

2. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Looking back at the Discord logs @ketchupNsteak it looks like this OP might've been a troll. Certainly all those speaking about him at the time he was banned suggest this.

Sadly, we can't see what it was that he was saying that led to the ban. It may well be he was spamming questions. And silly ones at that. Either way, he's not someone to defend based on what seems likely to have been happening at that time on the Discord.

My point still remains, though. Based on my own observations and those of others here and elsewhere, moderation on the discord has been heavy-handed at best. And that reflects on BPG. But this is also important to note: There have been much fewer instances of people complaining about poor Discord moderation. It seems to me that BPG is getting a handle on this, which is another great improvement to see if this is happening.

3. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Alright im just gonna kick you from guild wilbur, this kind of drama llama isn't what anyone involved wants.

4. ketchupNsteak

Two people spamming someone is a troll does not make it true or does it and I guess I should just believe you are a troll from new dawn?
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh that's right wilbur is in your guild, ell hans right? Would explain why you are going on with this troll to keep this new player banned.

5. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

I told "said new player" if he had questions to pm me and I would answer them. I'm for Neither banning nor unbanning him.

Also if you arent Wilbur how do you know his ign?

6. ketchupNsteak

If he was spamming the same question over and over and you knew he was a troll why did you post in here to PM you any questions he has after he was banned? What you say does not make any sense.

Why are you acting like people haven't brought up Wilburs in game name in the discord ? Such a weird liar...

7. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Kicked, have a nice day.

8. ketchupNsteak

You got exposed for being a weird liar so your response is to kick some random kid from your guild? Interesting...

9. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Lol

10. Friagrim

Friagrim Goblin Warrior

Has anyone ever had a good experience with any game's discord server? I know I fucking havent. Sounds like this guy is a troll, but seriously all discord mods seem to be basement dwelling loser types that actively ban people that talk about the game they are playing. I learned long ago to just ignore shitty discord communities for anything that is actually important.

That being said, this guy's not even an intelligent troll. Didn't even try to pretend to ask a real question here.

11. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Yes, their discord channel is great, but they can't stop non-BPG idiots from being idiots.

They post updates constantly in their #announcements channel and that's just about all I use it for. I assume the new player channel is helpful to new players. I also see them quickly respond to questions constantly. What more can you ask for? The fact that we get instant updates from the devs is by far better than any other mmo I have played and if you ever played DFO you would know AV went silent for years at a time. This is huge progress.

Just stay out of #general chat if you get offended by 500 people spamming random crap constantly. They have nothing to do with BPG or Darkfall, these are just neckbeards who live their lives in discord channels. It's the same 5-10 idiots 24/7, and none of them reflect anything about BPG or the game.

12. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

lol.. typical. sorry bro, but thats hilarious..

@Andrew @kilrain i mean really, at what point are you guys going to start monitoring your staff to ensure impartial moderating? maybe you should keep the discord announcement system.. but get rid of the mods and not let people use the discord for anything other than viewing updates, no chat ability, no text ability, no messages, no voice chat.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  13. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

Do you really have to @ a staff member in every post you make? Does it make you feel more important?

14. ketchupNsteak

Think of it this way.

You(Samallworld) are in an airport and you have a few hours to kill. You start to feel a little hungry and decide to see what restaurants the airport has. The airport has two hamburger joints. The first hamburger joint (new dawn) that you decide to eat at is closed for another hour so you say to yourself ah what the heck I'm not a picky eater so i'll try this other restaurant (rise of agon) that is open. You enter the restaurant sit down and wait for the waiter. Waiter(Community manager) comes over and says welcome to Rise of Agon can I take your order. You look at the menu and ask the waiter what is your best burger? The waiter says no just gtfo and drags you outside. From outside you ask a different waiter(bloodscar) why did that guy kick me out and the waiter says oh sorry about that come back in it was just a misunderstanding. You come back in and sit at the same table. The waiter who kicked you out(community manager) comes back to your table and says I thought I told you to gtfo and drags you outside again. Now a crowd is starting to form outside because of all the commotion trying to figure out what is going on. You tell them all you did was ask them what their best burger is. Friends (bladra) of the restaurant start to come out and shout that guy planted a bug in his food and tried to get free food! You shake your head in disgust as the owners of the restaurant just sit there and let this happen. You wave goodbye and shrug as New Dawn opens.

End of story

I hope this story helped you picture what really happened.

15. Friagrim

Friagrim Goblin Warrior

Yeah, not at all. Asking what's the best race over and over and over is an obvious troll when the racial differences are clearly stated.

It's more like walking into another burger joint and harassing people because your bitter that in and out is closed for another hour, and probably has roaches and rats anyway.

16. ketchupNsteak

Asking over and over? he was banned after asking it one time. Bloodscar wouldn't have unbanned him he was spamming it over and over.

17. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Lol explains why you haven't logged in all week.

18. ketchupNsteak

I don't understand what you mean by this because I have logged in.

19. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Must be around 6-10am

20. ketchupNsteak

I don't understand what you are trying to say when you don't even know my ign. What a weirdo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.