Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Public Test Server Build - Village Capture / Runebooks / Spawn Scaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 29, 2017.

1. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Accident I guess. Like Andrew said we're shooting to get the bulk next week, but if it's not ready we'll hold off

NonFactor and Wes Furtive like this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I still think the Vendors idea was a much more solid approach, wit
    Oh but I severely disagree, sure some of the first vendors would indeed be in sang but with a market you can almost be 100% assured of this as it is exactly what happened in DFUW every city was a dead zone for the most part besides Sang and it was because of that Market idea.
    Vendors would have a max that was allowed in an area I assume so that would force the trading being done to be more spread out and if someone had a good vendor in another city then I promise you people would make it a point to travel to that vendor.. Why do you think people traveled to villages to check vendors? If they found a good vendor people would go their so I hate to tell ya but your way way off an your analysis of the trade market. Trade will go where it is best or where the people go and if people are going to centralize in a location it will be sang if you do the market... Ask around it is exactly what happened in UW
    --- Post updated ---
    Again your wrong look at the history of this game I mean this is something I would assume anyone would do when trying to recreate it and improve on it. Ya they could look at in shoal but if it cost them more money and they trade often where do you think they are going to buy? Where do you think they are going to sell? People will list in the most popular city.. I don't wanna sound rude but this is pretty basic stuff bro

3. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

They already said there would be no database of vendors so how would anyone know there was a "good" vendor somewhere in Shoal for example, or any of the locations they originally proposed?

A global market means you can buy from anywhere ?

kingp43 likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Again your wrong look at the history of this game I mean this is something I would assume anyone would do when trying to recreate it and improve on it. Ya they could look at in shoal but if it cost them more money and they trade often where do you think they are going to buy? Where do you think they are going to sell? People will l
    Holy shit really?
    How the hell do you think people found good vendors in df1 at villages?
    How do you think they did it in UO
    need more recent? ok how do ya think they did it in ESO
    they got off their lazy asses and checked around got word of mouth, more likely than not the person with a vendor would advertise that vendor to reach more people in a shorter amount of time.

The fuck kinda question is this? You kidding me???

Yes UW had a global market and it cost ya to buy something that was listed from a different location. Or you would have to travel to that location and if ya going to travel then you might as well have vendors.

If ya only buy 1 or 2 things that have little cost to them from time to time then it isn't such a big deal but if ya spend a lot of time with the market then your going to be where the good are being listed and guess where that is going to be?????? Sanguine just like DFUW

Dixie Normus likes this.
  5. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

Having a global market with purchase fees based on distance from listing is good for the game. It's a gold sink for lazy players like me and a trade opportunity for other players. Say it costs me 10% to buy something in shoal that was listed in ymirs tear. If players were picking up on how many people were paying this 10% they could either bring some of their wares to shoal or buy low sell high at a 8% or so premium, making more money but costing them time. This opens up new content for the type of players that like to do this. It's an entire gameplay model for some people on EvE online.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Neilk, Dixie Normus, kingp43 and 3 others like this.
  6. mirim

mirim Goblin Warlord
    Legend

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

It is good for the game to spread people out also both gets people a bit more active creates trading hubs and a sense of community and we seen what happened with UW it for sure wasn't some kind of super special awesome thing that just made trading amazing. It was the same as it is now without a market with a majority of the player base only hanging out in 1 city...Sang

8. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

problem is this game in particular draws in 2 types of players and to find a system with the correct fit and feel.

both sides of the argument have merit. I personally enjoy vendors because I cut my teeth on ultima online. However markets and trade hubs CAN create its own metagame with players that enjoy economy and logistics.

kilrath81 likes this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

It will just repeat itself like UW did though. 99% of everyone will just work from Sang all listing ect because why not?? People don't wanna pay the fees associated with trade and it will end up exactly like UW everyone in one city rest of them dead zones and imagine how that looks to any new players the start the game...."where is everyone" If you do the vendor system and people have good vendors in places then people will frequent that area no matter where it is... and that spreads out the pop makes the game look more alive.

10. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

No, if you had played DF1 you would know everyone used the website where the vendors listed all the items on there player vendors, for big purchases you would arrange to have a house bind there and port back from the safety of the house.

Not_Primetime likes this.
  11. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

It reduces trading tedium, Allows crafters to sell their stuff anywhere there is access to this market hub, has the possibility to create a crafting/transportation game for players that enjoy doing it, Allows people to get stuff with a fee and not have to have alts in sanguine (ie reds could buy things from say a chaos city trade hub creating pvp opportunities and giving them a chance to do quick trades without an alt). there is nothing but positive to a global trade system with restrictions or fees compared to individual vendors. One scales almost to infinity the other increases tedium and has a cap on how many vendors there could be in the world.

It would also allow in the future for easier access to this information online if that was ever a goal. Allow people to look at the market in real time on a web page to decide if they wanna log in to snag that juicy deal that might get them in trouble with the boss but is just too good to pass up. Maybe have cool charts to show where activity is, where stuff is being sold from and where it is being bought. Look at eve online, the game is not perfect and isnt darkfall but the market system is so deep players play in it like they are stock traders in real life.

12. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

I hate that they are just rehashing old ideas that didn't work. Both the DFO vendors and the UW market were failures for various reason the big one being closed clan/alliance economies. So why repeat the mistakes? Most of the population is in clans and have clan crafters that make everything below or at cost. That's the major benefit of a clan. The people putting weapons and armor on a vendor or market can't compete against the clan crafter especially when you have to pay to list items which cuts into an already low profit margin. So the markets/vendors become a penalty to those it was designed to help. Darkfall has a enough penalties. No matter what system gets implemented most trade will still be inter-clan/alliance. Most non-crafter types will use trade chat to sell materials. The vendors and markets would cater to solo crafters or clan crafters selling their excess for extra gold.

For most of the population vendors or markets will be the 4th option for buying, clan, alliance, trade chat being 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. For selling it will be the last as people will keep most gear and mats off the market and to sell without paying the penalty fee of listing. No one wants to pay the penealty fee for listing to only have to take it off the market if somene in clan/alliance or trade wants to buy now. So why waste dev time for something that has never been done correctly and doesn't fit in a mostly closed clan/alliance based economy. They are adding more fast travel. Just make it easier to travel from capital to capital and be done with and move on to something that will have more bang for the buck. If later the need arises and there is a decent population they can always do it then. Because "I'm waiting for the markets patch to come back" said no one, EVER!

I don't know what the magical patch is that will bring me back but it ain't markets or faster travel.

13. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

*sigh* ... I can't believe someone actually wrote this. The only question I have is, what the hell is going through your mind?

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Legend Lifetime

I'm still holding hope for my Unicorn Mount Skin item from the cash shop.

Korag likes this.
  15. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

You offer no counter argument. You seem to like insults so... You have such a simple mind, so your excused.

kingp43 likes this.
  16. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

"you're"

You're welcome.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I did play df1 and seems I member it being players that set that up not AV themselves so I don't see how that is relevant in any way or associated to BPG. Also making assumptions that everyone used that site is pretty ignorant. I am sure a lot of people did, I am also fairly certain if we could look back and see the percent that did it wouldn't be anywhere near everyone. not to mention it was often inaccurate.
    --- Post updated ---
    I disagree bout lowering tedium. If the majority will still travel to Sang to trade anyways or just live out of that area, I mean I am not making assumptions here I am basing it off of what happened in UW and UW had a market and yes people can list anywhere but people will not wanna pay that cost of transfer and people listing in other areas will find people will by from anyone listing in sang before buying from elsewhere so they will eventually just sell in sang anyway so again 90% + of all trade will be out of sang both listings and purchases just like UW
    --- Post updated ---
    they weren't doing df1 vendors. they changed it a lot so how can you say rehashing old ideas? Having a portable vendor is a really good idea and having choices about where you can put them is just amazing. But 20 people wanna run to 1 or 2 cities and spend time scrolling through a massive market only to realize they are in the wrong city and will have to either shell out a shit ton of money to have it transferred + possibly wait or travel to buy it any damn ways.
    --- Post updated ---
    uhm using You're is not a requirement in a sentence it is an option and he chose to the other options so I don't get this comment at all

18. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Ghost

Much like using proper capitalization, commas and periods are also an option? Clearly you just do not understand.

19. kingp43

kingp43 Goblin Shaman
    Hero

I enjoyed the market in UW, I never felt the need that I had to be in a particular city. I don't like the deployable vendors. I have rarely rarely bought anything from them.

:awaits ridicule for having an opinion:

Wes Furtive and KingLlama like this.
  20. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I vote global market as well