Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Public Test Server Build - Village Capture / Runebooks / Spawn Scaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 29, 2017.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

people might list and buy out of sanguine, but the tedium we shed is having to go to one of 100 vendors and check all the prices/wares/quantities. People can go to the one spot and list/buy in one place.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kingp43 likes this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

uhm using You're is not a requireme
    you wont go to the 100 vendors every time, unless you have some kind of weird fetish. People will advertise their items and finding items will not be hard at all. Players will have established vendor locations. It is like Walmart Irl once ya find where something is you don't have to go look for it every time you go, you simple walk in go to the spot get it and leave, it is no different for the vendors. Cmon man

3. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

This true? The dev team isn't starting to fall apart is it?

4. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

yep

but they got new dev learning the code ya know

Fengor likes this.
  5. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Dont know why you are all arguing since they pretty much scrapped the vendor idea so it seems to me you are wasting your time and energy.

also everyone already has an alt in sang so nothing would effectively change.

also @Korag Your is a possessive – it means something belongs to you. The word you're is short for “you are.”

yes its a choice you can make, but proper grammar IS proper grammar.

that doesnt make people less of assholes for pointing it out however.

edit: notice i did not use proper grammar.

6. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

You know i respect you man, but its quite obvious the global vendor system is less tedious. You can come up with any analogy you want. if i only have to go to one place, search for teh one thing im looking for and buy it at any cap/chaos city its less tedious.

7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

No it's not falling apart. The primary developers are still here and still working hard.

8. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Brad(Dest) is taking an indefinite leave due to personal matters unrelated to the project. As Kilrain said the primary development team is still working and while we're sad to not be working with Brad for right now there's a few new developers and an intern that are getting up to speed currently to more than fill the gap. 2 are expected to help with game impacting related tasks and bugs, the other will be focusing more on internal development/GM tools and statistics tools to help with development and design work.

9. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Global wins hands down. Look at games that don't provide some form of global access and you'll find that most players hate it. Eve Online even has regional access even if you have to travel to get the item. ESO is local vendors and people FUCKING HATE IT because it's stupid and a waste of fucking time.

kilrath81 likes this.
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ill give ya that. But I don't categorize that tediousness with many of the games tedious aspects.
    I mean once ya learn what vendors supply you with what you normally buy then it isn't so tedious and after playing UW Trust me when I say people do not wanna pay those fees and they will mostly all be in just 1 place. I mean history repeats itself and we have already seen this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ya I forgot being lazy as shit is way more cool than actually putting in any work.. Guess I am old and still believe in getting what ya deserve rather than having it handed to me.
    I like it, I liked it in ESO and I liked it in UO. Their are so many benefits to using the vendor system and Ill try really hard not to sit back and say " I told ya so" when nearly ever city is a dead zone...(cause that makes new players confident about the game)
    If ya notice one thing in ESO in a few areas with really good vendors you have huge pockets of community people talking and trading and making new friends and lets be honest that is a big part of any successful mmo. Everyone in a single city is the exact opposite of that.

11. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

Gamer's have changed. Even players who enjoyed the "hard work" don't have time for it any more. BPG were those people, they said so themselves. They wanted it hard core and "work for it", but that's not how the gamer's want it anymore.

Andrew likes this.
  12. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

They could always do it so there is no additional fees if you are in a capital city. So you could buy without a fee from sanguine to red moon. This would stop everyone running to sanguine. Add fees for chaos/player city vendors. Or they could have a flat fee across the board no matter where you listed or bought. That would leave a gold sink while making location meaningless. People will still trade outside the system to save some gold. You can't get by that. Personally I would pay a fee to buy what I want when I want without bank staring watching trade and hoping he gets my pm before someone else's or scams me in some way.

kingp43 likes this.
  13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

So open this up to competition. Best vendor - best prices, best availability, best advertising - wins.

14. kingp43

kingp43 Goblin Shaman
    Hero

screw player vendors, that idea blows

Buffalo Spaceman and Nerfsy like this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I am going to say the Millions of players in ESO would cause this statement to be less true. Sure their not all their just because markets/vendors but they are their with vendors and still extremely active so while I respect your opinion I strongly disagree with it and as I have mentioned before....We shall see soon enough and less they remove fees involved (even then I still think they will all go to sang) 90% or so will buy and sell from one location and trade/community hubs will still not exist and this community will remain the shit it currently is
    --- Post updated ---
    Ya it would def make a difference. Well see what they do, People like to be around other people though as a general rule so if one place "seems" to be the trade capitol; that is likely where they will go. But meh who knows.. Wanna bet on it though? :)
    Paying a fee largely depends on the amount of trade your involved in, fees on high end stuff and bulk stuff on a daily basis can eat up a lot of profits

16. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I think vendor carts would work if they implemented them properly. IE only in cities / chaos cities or on the outskirts of the cities. That whole put them anywhere shit I wasn't on board with. This would then make all cities populated which would be good for new players to actually see some people. Once Sanguine fills up, then people would be forced to move to the other big names cities and so forth.

Vendor carts are much better for the seller / global markets are much better for the buyer.

Korag and MikeJT like this.
  17. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

Your point is invalid regardless. You are stating that because of the global market people will congregate into one city, yet a localized market they would not? Local markets actually make people come together more so. Just look at Eve and the Jita system. ESO uses a completely different formula that only allows markets in very,very limited areas and most players complain about it. It's not a success.

Regardless, they're going global so you're just wasting your breath.

18. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

5% cost to post to the market.

5% cost to buy from the market.

Small gold sink where both sides experience a 5% loss for convenience.

kilrath81 and Nerfsy like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Ya it would def make a difference. Well see what they do, People like to be around other people though as a general rule so if one place "seems" to be the trade capitol; that is likely where they will go. But meh who knows.. Wanna bet on it though?
    Yes and I am saying this based off of experience, this happened in DFUW not sure if you was their but it is basically the same game on a smaller map and that is what happened because people didn't wanna pay the fees when buying shit off of the market or they didn't wanna wait longer for a sale to go through so everyone went to sanguine. Was you their? I am not just making this shit up I seen it in action. And people WILL go where the vendors are 110%, that was the only option in df1 and people did it, only now it is safe so people have more freedom of where they trade, I have no doubt sang will still be a hot spot even with vendors but I also know that other cities will have good vendors and people will get more freedom to live where the want and NOT feel they have to go to sang for trade.

Your arguing with me so guess we both wasting our breath then...
    But vendors was the initial idea and people "wasting" their breath is what changed it to a global market regardless of how many times they try to claim it isn't true the loud few have changed many things BPG had developed that is now changing or already been changed.
    Your wrong about ESO their system allows for who owns the vendors can create hot spots. People go where the vendors are like it or not it is true and if your coming on here telling me you know the feelings of 6+ mil people then I am gonna tell ya your full of shit.
    Why is that so hard for you to get? Yes localized markets spread people out!! ya fucking kidding me?

20. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Gold farmers destroy global markets in MMO's and those 2k people who log in every day on that 20 year old EQ server project 99 would tell you that the East commons tunnel with player venders is one of the coolest parts of the game. Thats why ESO went with a local market, its just better for a healthy MMO. Fast, instance, arena type games? sure global markets are the way to go.