Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New Public Test Server Build - Village Capture / Runebooks / Spawn Scaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 29, 2017.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

EvE online has a Regional market that works extremely well but that would leave the issue of everything being sold in sanguine. Player vendors = the same as well as space issues. lots of people will have to have vendors where it isnt safe to stock them outside the cities protection. I still have to rely on trade chat to see advertisements for whats for sale on what vendor where. Not my idea of fun personally. I'd rather the global market.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Wes Furtive likes this.
  2. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

They are going with a global game and thus global markets make the most sense, why force people to hop to a particular place when hopping around is already pretty easy and isnt a barrier to entry anyway, it just adds tedium and ends up making one city populated and the rest empty.

3. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Change to 1 starter city per race, put access to global auction house in that one player city so people are always there when new players pop into the world.

Andrew likes this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Because it gives players an opportunity to take on a roll as a trader.

I personally hope delivery fees are based on distance and weight.

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I played the market in Eve for years and never moved. I'm not saying delivery fees won't help, but there are more ways than one to be a trader.

#245 kilrain, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Nerfsy and kilrath81 like this.
  6. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I dont see why it matters, thing dont have much of a regional variance in a global world and most value will be to a global scarcity, not a regional. In UW i was a major trader all out of Sang selling what was going high and buying what was low, where it came from or where it was listed mattered little. Local markets are just tedium in a global game forcing people to tie up too much play time looking and traveling for deals.

Their current model is a very just get in and go play design, most people just need quick and easy trading, where those that want to be traders will make their money on keeping the market quick and easy for them, for a profit.

Nerfsy and kilrath81 like this.
  7. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Sounds like there will be limited opportunities for profit under that system, and the only way to profit is to markup under priced goods, which will only last so long until people start marketing things at the right price.

At least with the delivery fee system, it offers players a chance to reduce prices whilst making a profit by moving between markets, instead of increasing them by marking up already listed items.

8. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Pretty sure UW had fees for distance between markets but im not sure it made much a difference, but cant say for sure.

KingLlama likes this.
  9. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Just do global market and call it a day.

Fengor likes this.
  10. cal

cal New Member

Seriously. How many other successful games have a global market? Plenty. It's not a fucking game killer.

If you want shipping and weight distances to affect the price of selling an item, log off of your video game and go sell shit online and ship it with UPS. Not every player lives and breathes this game. I didnt play DFO or DFUW, so I have no old-head mentality or predisposition towards Darkfall at all. Everyone I've talked to old and new, (including myself) that left the game left because of the lack of loot. Grinding to get gear just to get fucking raped isnt fun. And before anyone says "full loot isnt for you," its fun as fuck, and robbing people of shit is great, but there are major problems in the game with how resources are dispersed and how loot has been (from what Ive been told) halved from DFO. Quit overcomplicating shit.

Edit: As for an idea for BPG to keep the feel of darkfall in this global market: clearly there will be various markets set up around the map. Making markets outside of safe zones capturable by clans and allowing clans to be able to apply a limited tax would add incentive to those not even interested in the marketplaces to BE interested because there will be gain for them.

#250 cal, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Slayven likes this.
  11. Eaos

Eaos Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I am returning soon, I really like the patch notes and constant development the game has undergone even against all the nay sayers.

Sean Connery, negocromn and MWTaylor like this.