Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

New to Darkfall (My Experience)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dylan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Dylan

Dylan Goblin Scout

So far. I'm having a lot of fun with Darkfall. This is my first time playing it, and while I know it doesn't represent the original experience - I definitely think this 'version' of it suits me way more. (But who knows, I might of preferred the older one!)

Melee combat is sometimes stiff feeling, but overall working and fast paced.

Archery is reliable though I haven't toyed to much around with it.

The magic system makes me love this game the most. It's probably the most unique schools and spells I've ever encountered out of any game, with so many different things to utilize. It honestly reminds me of both Morrowind's uniqueness in spells and utilizing my utility as if I was playing a Mage in Vanilla WoW.

The AI is clearly dated and nothing glamorous. But the fact mobs elude you, cast spells, charge and retreat, etc. is a fresh experience from some other games of similar genre *COUGH* MORTAL ONLINE *COUGH*.

Crafting isn't super in-depth but it is straight forward, easy to get into, and best of all rewarding.

Exploring the game and just admiring the design of some locations is fun. There is SO much I still haven't seen. I think the graphics are awesome and suit the game well.

The community is what you'd expect of this kind of genre, you have your toxicity pockets but it's nothing someone can't deal with unless you're super sensitive.

But to tack onto the community bit, they have been overly welcoming, helpful, encouraging, and downright TOO NICE. I honestly expected a griefer haven of sorts - and while I am thankful I haven't been griefed into the dirt non-stop, it isn't something that was going to deter me or make me want to quit. So thanks Darkfall community, you've actually done well in making me want to stay!

I could go into detail about some other stuff, but I just wanted to make this thread cause I did see people were being quite harsh and negative about the game (I'm sure for good, reasonable reasons. Being new I obviously don't know shit about how it used to be or should be. FYI.) so I thought I'd bring some shine to the gloom. As a new player to the game, I'm having fun and plan on trying to dive fully in with it all.

Thanks.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. derk545

derk545 Goblin Scout

Same. Game is really fun and addicting. Love the combat, melee is extremely satisfying.

3. Ruenkiller

Ruenkiller Goblin Scout

i like this game

JasperHawkins likes this.
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Mmmm, What do you mean stiff? It should NEVER feel stiff.

No wobble :)

Both a curse and gift

It has ALWAYS been remarkably crafted, and under utilized. The playerbase and im sure BPG really wants to put locations to use. Theres some spots where you run by and you find a city or a ruin thats massive and you're sitting there thinking, why the fuck isn't this something?

The Darkfall community has a sense of pride in being... different. If you treat it nice, it treats you nice, but if you go even a little bit hostile, it's going to make you want to take a toaster bath.

Dylan and Geezy like this.
  5. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Celestial
    Contributor Hero

If you need a POI guide let me know.

But 1st of all just go climb those center map giant chains.

That was the zenith for me 8 years ago - i was in awe.

JasperHawkins likes this.
  6. Dylan

Dylan Goblin Scout

Thank you for the input.

Maybe stiff was the wrong word for the melee combat? It just feels awkward at times, being new to it and all it'll take some getting used to still. I've pretty much have the basics down though.