Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Newbie clan (NEW) return?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wizzy, Apr 30, 2019.

?

NEW

1. Good idea

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Bad idea

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  1. CreZee

CreZee Windlord
    Loyal Supporter

NEW clan has already returned and occupies Hammerdale. All is good in the world.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Akathar

If he did not lead as a SG then he was a General. He did help lead in some type of leadership capacity. Ask him. :) Unless there was more than 1 Mycke.

M ~

3. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

Good idea, but impossible. Defiance, Blackwater, Dayar dickheads and TTA will grief them out of the game

4. Todd of Hartford

Todd of Hartford Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I posted this same thing a couple of months ago. I'd like to see NEW come back (as a former NEW officer myself) since NEW is probably the only reason I stuck around in the game and didn't just quit after weeks of losing gear.

However, I think the state of the server is a bit different than it was back then and a new player might be better off in one of the bigger alliances. That being said, I'd be willing to help get NEW set up if there are people willing to bring it back

Inkarnation, Wizzy and Fengor like this.
  5. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Contributor

I was thinking the same , but the game NEEDS options for smaller clans. Being part of the Zerg fest isn’t for everyone. There needs to be some balance to allow smaller clans to thrive... without this the smaller scale groups will just be zerg’d down and forced out of the game when they realize they have no chance to win outnumbered fights or even take over a hamlet to live in because the mega clans and alliances will just outnumber any attempts to take one of their 45 holdings

6. xpiher

xpiher New Member

If people can still be griefed out of the game easily then there's not much that can be done, new clan or not TBH.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  7. Good Friday

Good Friday Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Sucking up all the new players and barely teaching them how to play is a bad idea, it's like legion sucking up anyone with a pulse- never teaching them how to play really, and using them for cannon fodder. Not really fun for anyone, most of all the new person. I think it's experienced clans responsibilities to take in 1-2 new people at a time and really show them how fun the game can be.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

NEW was never about sucking up new players and barely teaching them how to play. Thats what clans like Legion and ZERG were about.

NEW lived outta hammerdale, never sought any other holding, and was solely devoted to teaching players how to be self-sufficent darkfall bangers.

New players to Darkfall are hard to train, and hard to retain. I've always said it takes a special kind of person to really play this game. You can't hand-hold too much, as you risk portraying the game as a broken POS while revealing all the mystery, but you can't let them sink or swim on their own, because they will surely sink.

It's tricky, and not something a clan vying for endgame conquest should partake in unless they have members that love to do this sort of thing.

9. Todd of Hartford

Todd of Hartford Goblin Warlord
    Legend

That's not how NEW worked.

The whole point of NEW was to teach people how to be self-sufficient. After like a month (I don't remember how long it was) players would "graduate" and move on to other clans. A few would stay to teach the next incoming "class" as "counselors."

They were able to show multiple people at a time how to play the game. Is it viable now? Again, I don't know

Mea Kulpa likes this.