Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

non-combat improvements

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by BunionToes, Jan 17, 2019.

1. BunionToes

BunionToes Goblin Warrior

Suggestion 1
    Complex quests with unique rewards. I'm thinking along the lines of Ashereon's Call which had quests which might be started with a rare spawn dropping a note, which leads to a far off npc, who requests a rare material which uses unique components crafted by a maxed level crafter, which gets refined by another NPC, who creates a unique weapon/decoration//armor/etc.

Ideally this would tie into some type of lore. This type of quest where you must solve some type of problem adds much needed depth to the PvE side of the game.

Suggestion 2
    I would improve PvE by re-introducing mobs weaknesses. Right now most non-boss mobs can be soloed using bow, daggers, magic. At one time in DFO1 each mob had unique weaknesses which adds a bit of variety in PvE. Some unique spawns may even require special weapons or imbued weapons (elemetal arrows, sithra).

Korag, Arwill and Sameog like this.
  2. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

love the first idea, not so keen on the second. Telling me I cannot farm something unless I take destro off (6k to put it back) I use arrows, I am ok if the elemental arrows still work but otherwise I just do not like being forced into a corner

3. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

New here??

What lore?

4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean it has been announced many many times they have a guy writing lore for the game and they plan to do some things around that lore.

5. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

Beware The Watcher...

6. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

yeah change something esle.but dont touch combat and bring df1 combat back pls because it was perfect,amazing and the best.
    df1 combat is best combat and best pvp for all times,dont need to change df1 combat,and dead dnd/uw is good proof.