Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Not dropping your armor in lawful areas makes all the difference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HenkBot, Mar 5, 2020.

1. HenkBot

HenkBot Goblin Shaman
    Contributor

After losing a siege in a lawful area today I have to say not losing 4 armour sets makes so much difference in a good way. Replacing just the weapon sets is not such a big deal. I had not expected to be so happy with these changes but there you go, something positive to report.

Would never have expected BPG to go this route but I think it goes a long way to making the game a bit less punishing for clans that are not so rich, maybe even new clans. Hope they keep this up and the game might have a future.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I agree - it helps new players big time, so great change. I feel they should add a dagger / 2 hand / sword shield / bow slots to the doll as well.
    Make it where they just lose the backpack. Also these new VCP's in lawful lands need to go on the person or in the proposed spawned chest - this will make the new players have something to fight over as well at the lawful VCP's

Raap likes this.
  3. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Torn about this one. I loved the fact that you guys fought us 7+ times in a single siege, i dont think i've ever had that many full on engagements in a siege before. We still got your weapons when you died, so we did get some gear. At this point it's probably better to have this partial loot drop for the game since no one is playing. It helps returning/new players stick with the game longer. If the game ever becomes popular again i think the partial drop should re-addressed.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

Yeah, maybe all Agon partial loot, islands full loot. But we have to see It on map, new players have to understand this. Like Albion where you can see on the map the differences between areas.

Mimitis TheOne and The Red King like this.
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Goblin Scout

I do hope they keep selentine only mines in the safe zones, as every holding without a mine seems to be useless. People will not bother sieging for a timber grove.

The Red King likes this.
  6. Raap

Raap Wildtribe Mage

My main issue right now is that it is hard to tell what area has which looting rules. There is no map overlay for this, and there are a bunch of factors that occasionally still flag you to drop everything, for example if a lawful siege area overlaps with an active lawless village area, the lawless village area seems to be the dominant factor in determining loot rules? We had this weird situation happen a few weeks ago when we sieged Banagar while Ryhandel was active.

I'd not be opposed to simplifying these systems and regions. Making all of mainland lawful is probably a better idea, so people stop accidentally flagging themselves when traversing across invisible barriers. Accidentally flagging yourself by 'accidentally' swimming to another continent is pretty much never going to happen.

Edit: I'd say the center needs a more organic area shape than square tiles. The lawless space there should start and stop where the textures turn black - a visible indicator. This likely requires new tech, however, unless holding system 'grid' logic can be used for this.

7. Methodico

Methodico Winterbound

Like i say before all Agon partial loot, Islands full loot, but then i would like to see pvp events every minute on Agon and on sea too. So people can fight all day every day! They can train, improve and than fight on islands for the best loot, full loot and best mobs.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or....make Agon smaller, like yssam or kairn. So we can find each other.