Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Not having load-lag in DF is a bummer. What will the devs do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

SSD is here: (in that ppl are being told to go with SSD). With that, i don't feel load-lag at all. Unlike shadow settings, you can't turn load-lag on or off.

For those who don't know, on a flat-land, if you can see your enemy, you can sense him with loag-lag. That's pretty far: you get enough time to begone away, mount-up or full buff for a fight.

@Andrew @Neilk

Are you planning to do something about this anytime soon? Even before ''SSD'', i wanted a temporary system that could mimic load-lag with a sound effect.

2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

i still feel load with ssd lol

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Scrubby Bear and negocromn like this.
  3. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

I feel load sometimes, also ssd.

Blaze likes this.
  4. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

I drop loads all the time.

5. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

I like games with less lag ‍♂️

6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

[​IMG]

Complaining because you no longer get a load lag notification when enemy players are nearby has to be the most tryhard Darkfaller statement of 2020...

Hytek, HaldirHardy, Leo Woods and 3 others like this.
  7. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

imagine thinking load lag is a good thing

HELLO?

8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

You dont even play. As a vet, you should know why load lag is so good. In the state you are at, i still have enough respect to not look down on you like that. Get better in real life.
    --- Post updated ---
    I dont know, i never do. In my own video i can tell, i never get load from players who were never there earlier.

Not getting loads is indeed better when you dont play darkfall

I dont know how anyone can find this to be fair.

#8 Scrapnotcrap, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  9. Bojangles

Bojangles Frostjarl
    Legend

Glad Battle Smurf wheeled himself over to this thread to shut down this terrible idea.

Kol Taggar and Fengor like this.
  10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Ok, so if thats a terrible idea, you got a better alternative? Do you think the devs will fix load-lag one day? If not, theb what?

Personally, i will be waiting for df arena. Load lag will never become a factor over there and i might play df for free for now.

11. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

brain dead.

If you are that autistic and try hard, just install DF on a shitty old HDD.

12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

So you take the toxic approach.
    Im not surprise, thats cool. I just find it laughable how you agree in a way that not feeling load lag kinda sux.

But im good i can jUst play other games and wait for df arena. Thats my solution.

Just in case, im still here for wagers for everyone else

A dev statement would be good. Load lag has been here since for ever.

13. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

In what world does poor hardware/software performance make a game better?

Load lag was only good for people that played this game like pussies and it took away from ANY kind immersion. Why would I want to know there are people nearby? Let them jump me, so I can get that Darkfall rush.

14. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

What do you guys want some splash text that says your spidy sense is tingling when someone enters a tile?

15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Yeah, i want this. And this meme has been part of df since the very start. Not sure if you are seriously asking this question, but no matter what, it's what the rest of us need.

You not quoting anyone, but you say ''load-lag was'' as if it's not here. Load-lag is... (that's what you meant i'm sure).
    you seriously asking this question? You can tell ppl are nearby with load-lag ''currently''.

Then talk about hardware. I reported a bug that allowed me to see through everything you know... that was on a old hardware: impossible to do that on 64bit. I reported it as soon as i could see things through: i never been a cheater. It's not even worth cheating in darkfall honestly: there's not that much players.

I always been on a toaster because i'm mostly a console player. I'm now playing beat-saber and doom on VR with my cousin every weekend. I only upgraded to play fortnite at around 200 fps.

You can have high performance and still have load-lag. Some users over here who have posted have much higher fps than me: like 500+ fps. They still get load-lag, i don't. I cap at 250 fps. Then i followed several youtube guides to make everything feel much better.

16. tk5801

tk5801 Undead Dwarf
    Hero

I Framed 220 ish leenspar golems in DF1 in just a few months.

Literally never died due to load lag (insta log out on load lag, log back in 30 mins later see if golem spawns)

But it was balanced since people want to jump other people when they are 1 hit, its the only counter.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  17. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I don't want there to be any sort of artificial load lag or messages to be added to the game, I prefer being able to be jumped at any time because it makes the farming a little less boring.

However I see where he is coming from, if you are ever in a group with some1 who gets load lag you always rely on that person to tell you if people are coming. It also kinda sucks when people hide waiting for you to get low from a mob to jump you, rather than having a good fight.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  18. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

Wait what, this isn’t even a troll thread ??? Ur fckin retarded. Who the fuck complains that a game HASNT got lag

19. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

Ehh, load lag being there for some and not others is kind of lame. Either there should be some minor sound effect playing or something to give you a potential warning that a player is approaching and to prepare for combat, or there should be no way to know that another player is close at all.

Also, I do miss load lag, already risking mob loot + high/medium dura gear and fighting without spell reflect is lame, not knowing that it is time to stat up and look around makes the 'pvp' when jumping/getting jumped worse.

I do not know about others, but for me, it feels cheap when I can start a fight with 2 rays or a power attack in the back vs a 80% target and the 'fight' is over then and there.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

A temporary measure would be best for us all.

I hope one day that load-lag will be gone once and for all.