Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Official Discussion: Darkfall: Rise of Agon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

I'm glad we have an official name and all but fuck the fact that AV is taking so long to get this deal settled, it's giving me aids.

3. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

yes this..

game needs to come asap.. people are losing intrest as you can see on the amount of members on this board compared to the emulator board..

4. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

These things don't happen overnight. There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and we're doing everything that we can do ensure this is done right.

5. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Which translates into, when you hear from AV you talk things through and get back to them in a few days time.

What AV is doing...well...its no real surprise that its taking them a long time.
    Not hating on them, well...i am, but there's a lot to consider going into this.
    And with 2 groups trying, im sure things arent that easy for them either.

6. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Cant wait to see Darkfall get into the hands of real developers, and some active advertisement campaigns start happening bringing in lots of new potential.

Once it starts happening and the balls out of AV's hands it will build momentum fast im almost "hiv" positive.

7. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

I wish I could divulge more but deals take time. As soon as possible we'll be throwing up a server and more details will be coming out. Realistically though this may not happen till January or later. There's too many unknowns so we'll have to wait on the public side.

Internally there is a ridiculous amount of chatter, back end work, planning, designing and beginnings of production of videos and other initiatives. Our Lore writer compiled a 78 page document today, over 30 was written by himself. We also saw the first shot of the new website, backend work is mostly done so we're moving to front end graphics and layout.

So much happening in the background that in the next few weeks and months will start going public. Marketing wants me to keep my mouth shut though lol because I like to overshare :).

-Andrew

8. Edar Surefoot

Edar Surefoot Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Indeed, I have collected all the old lore off the original website and compiled it. I'm hoping to shorten it a bit and integrate a lot of it into new quests!

This will allow a more organic lore that feels a lot more meaningful and alive and will help bring in more playstyles, namely the Roleplayers. Like it or not Roleplayers are a massive portion of the gaming community and need some attention as well, thats what I'm here for at this point in time.

Hopefully this appeals to more than just Roleplayers though. Let me know what you guys think about Darkfall's lore and questing.

-Edar Surefoot

9. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

The only real way lore would interest me if it had something to do with the stuff going on in the game, and if it effected the ingame world as it unfolded.. Say ingame events would give lore more meaning to me.

Ultima online did this, orc invasions new camps of npcs being placed in places they never were before as a pleasant surprise.. sometimes not so pleasant right on the doorstep of your house.

Put the lore in comic book form! then ill read it!

10. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

The lore of the world never really got used in DFO though?

Granted i moved from human starter cities to dwarven, so i never really did any quests...
    But i thought it was just an early start up boost. (the quest rewards)
    Later the title quests were added in for small bonusses in stats, but with self buffs and a well progressed character those did nothing.

It might be interesting to get more involved with your own faction, or even get send to other factions to aid/fight them.
    But i feel like there's a break point with lore at some point.
    Clans and political warfare are far more important then lore, while you might try to abide by the lore as a moral compass...
    There will be those that dont, and they'll have more opportunities to get advantages because of it.

So in the "end" game, lore is always forsaken?

11. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

Exciting news! I hope to see the Darkfall lore be expanded as we develop the changes. Looking forward to the website launch.

12. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

Without talking too much about specific ideas we are wanting to improve on the lore involved with the game because although it may not be of interest to a hardcore PvPer there are many roleplayers out there who enjoy it. We're looking at in the future improving the quest system, adding more quests and dungeons as well as mobs all tied to the lore of the game. It wouldn't be an initial focus when we launch but it would be something we plan to work on simultaneous with all sorts of other new content ideas as well as fixes for longstanding issues the playerbase had with the game.

13. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

From what we have been discussing. ..lore is going to be a huge part of the game ... so just be patient and good things will come .. please remember this is a team of darkfall players who are creating OUR darkfall game .. so things are not going to be the same

14. Johnnybig

Johnnybig Goblin Warlord
    Legend

yoo all the positive changes are making my nips hard i'm excited

15. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Whats going on. Suggested changes look solid at a glance.

16. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

I don't believe you are real......

Too many false Jonahs

17. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Going to need proof of life Jonah.. preferably a picture of you with a drawing of dickbutt

18. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

I'm the real Jonah.

19. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

Any chance on adding npc hirelings? Guards, lumberjacks, miners, or berry pickers?

20. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

AV, I seem to recall, had guards in early development. I think it taxed resources, was easily buggable/exploitable so they took them out.

If you think about it, it really does not fit into the core design philosophy of this game. I mean, it forces you to loot items from a grave piece by piece for a reason.