Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Ohh look the same shitboi trolls saying the game is dead in 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WizardKing, Dec 2, 2019.

1. WizardKing

WizardKing Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Tester

Why do we still allow this almost 5 years later? Fuck the idiots who think this game isn't being oppressed.
    Darkfall forever. Still paying two subscriptions happily for BPG.

Attached Files:

JasperHawkins and KingLlama like this.
  2. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

ok

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

ok

4. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

i mean, the same guys have actually been saying it since 2010, but here we are in 2019.

Marxman likes this.
  5. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Dfuw did die not really seeing the point.

negocromn likes this.
  6. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

everything dies not really seeing the point

7. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Iam sure that is the point.

zalmoxisUD likes this.
  8. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

people said it in 2010 because the game was dying in 2010 and AV was doing nothing about it because they were secretly working on UW.

UW comes out and is shit and despite having a decent launch dies very fast and people say the games dead again because it was.

RoA comes out and is shit and despite having a decent launch dies very fast and people say the games dead yet again because it is true.

It having been said before does not affect wether it is true now, but if we are looking at track records the people saying the games dead have always been right as is evident from the shut down of every df project, and the people whove always been around saying "games fine", "it summer slump", "games getting more active by the day" have been WRONG every single time.

but ofcourse being the nature of things that everything dies eventually, its only natural in the end the people saying its dead are always right :^)

think on it

The Red King likes this.
  9. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

Darkfall has literally always been a dead game lol, sub 10k pop is fucking dead, what are you kids on about it's never been popular. Play it for what it is or just quit and stop wasting your time dribbling on yourself.

negocromn, Marxman and JasperHawkins like this.
  10. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

DF with 10k players would be near unplayable with how much pvp there would be. being sub10k doesnt make the game dead, the server couldnt even handle 10k peaks, for a niche game like df with 1 server 10k is ALOT.

The game only needs 1-2k players to feel active and be fun to play. We had that for years in dfo(on 2 servers no less), and at launch for both uw and roa. Nobody was saying the game is dead when fighting over shit mobs at launch.

But now we have a tiny fraction of that, sub 100 actives for months on end.

Are you pretending there is no difference between the kind of numbers we used to have and now?

People are saying the game is dead because it is literally UNPLAYABLY dead, theres 20 daily peak players, and its not because people in general have lost interest in playing something like darkfall, its because BPG are a joke and have done nothing but walk in circles for 2 years.

Not all of us are mentally capable of 16/365ing a game where the only pvp youll ever find is getting zerged thanks to billboards.

The Red King likes this.
  11. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

You could always be zerged at a village because of runestones, yes it was harder but all that meant was that the more upper tier clans could do it practically but nobody else could, now this way everyone is able and that pisses off the upper tier clans to no end because they are used to having all the advantages.

Besides, crying about zergs and the game being dead at the same time has always been hilarious to me.

Geezy likes this.
  12. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

Guess I've never been in an upper tier clan, no clan I was ever in did people have extensive rune libraries to every village, most people had was a rune to mid map and maybe a couple of good spawns, so at best help could arrive in 5+ minutes to mid map villages, which is longer than most fights.

tbh I guess I never even ran into a player from an upper tier clan, I dont remember ever running into someone at a village and having them call in help unless they had a house in said village, or a holding 5 meters away(thinking kholesh anshar mostly), before the introduction of billboards.

also idk whats stopping "low tier clans" from having rune libraries, especially when the it seems that "low tier clans" play the game the most by far and have done so since launch.

As for advantages I've never had any advantages in this game, always been outnumbered, always been outgeared, always had shit ping. Only advantage I've ever enjoyed is not being a dogshit for a brain victimization fetishist.

Not surprised its been hilarious to you since its evident you are braindead enough to think unsustainable population levels and ounumbering people are mutually exclusive. Takes 3 kids in the game for someone to get zerged.

The Red King likes this.
  13. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

Before the runebooks changed and billboards didn't exist most of the upper tier clans could easily port in their whole force without an issue and if you happened to kill them they would port right back in with more and in better gear, but newer/lower tier clans could not pull that off obviously because not all of them have runes marked at every village but certain clans definitely did.

And you clearly don't understand what types of advantages there are other than gear and numbers. If you are in a fp blackbolt fighting against two relatively new 60 year Olds with good ping wearing their best gear their clannies gave them,infernal and what not, you really think they have the overall advantage? Think you'd be the underdog in that fight? You're a legit retard. Yes I'm using a more extreme example that is less likely (but I have still seen it) but the point is there is way more to "advantages" than just gear and numbers. Defiance learned that the hard way last night and are back to sieging hamlets for example despite having more numbers and better gear, city advantages are too much for them to fight against.

14. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

I've never won a 2v1 so yes.

Ur seriously underestimating how much numbers matter in this game.

2:1 odds are near impossible.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, the best player in the game in the best gear in the game will lose 99% of the time to 2 mediocre kids in robes.

15. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

we won a 3v7 against all average+ players and only one in a robe, weird

winning heavily outnumbered really is not nearly as uncommon as you think, especially when you add things like city buffs/chokes etc into the mix.

rosters are so much more important for winning a fight than numbers, I promise you

16. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

theyre not.

wanna 2v1 100-0 wager for banks?

p.s. you guys are amazing smashing kids 3v7 and stuff, why are you still zerging every opportunity you get? clearly you guys are amazing players and not at a disadvantage at all

The Red King and Sero like this.
  17. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

Our top players are better than their top players, but they just don't ever recruit noobs or pver types, they would never ally a group like OTG for example no matter how badly they were outnumbered.

18. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

What does this have to do with you guys zerging at every single opportunity?

p.s. since numbers dont matter how about it? 2v1 wager for banks I'll give you a 100 tries to catch one win

I'd give you a million tries if I had the time.

The Red King likes this.
  19. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

I get to choose 2 from the alliance? Sure, but for 300k because I have collectible items no one else will ever have

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  20. Garou

Garou Goblin Warlord

the fuck u talking about? what alliance?

bank vs bank

2v1

me and whoever I can find who is even slightly interested in wasting their time to expose your brain to reality

you

100 attempts

Ymmärrätkö?