Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Old but new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skyshadow, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Skyshadow

Skyshadow New Member

Hello people,

Played original DF for a few months, and i just downloaded ROA,so..
    What has changed?
    I remember that things like bunnyhopping and hybrid-mage dominance kept me mostly out, since i like armored classes..
    Is farming and grinding to get the desirable 50s in stats quite the grind as it was?
    Is the server alive in general?
    The freemium model..Pay 2 win? How does this work?

Gimme some short version info and a couple of advises..Also, i wouldnt mind if i joined a clan..Kinda regret i spend too much of my time soloing, lost many things i could experience in the game.
    I was part of the argonauts clan for a short time and we controled CAIRN last time i loged (if it is spelled this way).

Thanks for your time!

2. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

Grind is much, much reduced. Goes up quickly.

Hybrid mage is still king for the most part although, with the upcoming armor patch, who knows what the meta will look like. May get shaken up soon?

Server is live for sure.

As a free player you have restrictions but you can always save up and buy a game time token from the auction house. https://www.riseofagon.com/news/freemium-soft-launch-february-20th-2019/

There has been a lot of changes and things added or streamlined. Too much to condense.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Blaze and Fengor like this.
  3. Blaze

Blaze Infernal

The restriction doesn't affect your pvp capacities. So not really pay 2 win. More so pay for convenience with extra bank space, a little more inventory space, quicker skill gains.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature