Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Out-of-Game Instant Messaging

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by thepksociety, Mar 7, 2020.

1. thepksociety

thepksociety Goblin Scout

Hello Darkfall Staff :)

I don't have a suggestion, but I do have an idea (I am not sure if it's popular or not; Discord & Game forums are obviously the top of the list; in virtually EVERY game)..

I do however, along my gaming journey get asked if I have Skype OR Discord and so it makes me wonder;

I wonder if you would have a wider online audience out-of-game if you made your staff also available on any of these other IM/Video/Voice clients:

- Skype (free)
    - Telegram (free)
    - Riot.im (free)
    - Tox (free)
    - Wire (free)
    - Wikr Me (free)

I know other games just normally have forums & a Discord channel.. Although even in those games - some people still are using Teamspeak - and rightfully so !

I just wanted to share a thought :)

Why care about if there is anything better than Discord ? Well... if you work in the corporate or government worlds, then ask yourself this: Are you connecting to your employers wifi with Discord installed on your phone and if your Director of Technology or CTO seems like a creeper.

Thank you for reading my thought

#1 thepksociety, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Shaman
    Hero

I would hazard a guess that not too many Darkfall players are in the corporate or government spheres. I hope so, at least not in my government....