Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Painful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SinSemilla, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

This is an issue planned to be addressed across the board in an upcoming patch. It's difficult to divide our few developers over so many little bugs every patch. We focus on bugs in areas we're currently working on and for this patch there's so many pieces to it that we don't have the feasibility to add anything more.

Once we get the current patch on PTS we have a few bonus things we will be working on while we get beta testing feedback. If possible we'll get this fix in in that time or I had it scheduled already for the follow up patch.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

play to crush play to crush play to crush play to crush

Marxman likes this.
  3. The Cannibal

The Cannibal Akathar

Agree.

This is a huge reason the game died in the first place. Being zerged get boring.

Methodico likes this.
  4. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

log off. no one cares idiot.

Squanto and Fenrir Frauki like this.
  5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This guy gets it

BPG STILL doesn't, despite me painstakingly explaining the economy problems (and how to easily fix them) for the better part of 4 years.

They don't learn.

The Red King likes this.
  6. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

literally everyone else understands why scaling content is bad for risk vs reward except BPG.

this game has no chance without a wipe.

Add new armors, tcs, etc, remove city mines or change them to iron only and revert villages to dfo or atleast remove scaling.

7. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Please stop responding, dude doesnt play, says he will never play again, continues to post on forums. If thats not an actual autist, I dunno what is.

8. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

We don’t that’s the point I think..

9. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

Smurf and Garou know what they're talking about. They've been running MMORPGs for centuries and their accumulated knowledge is insurmountable.

Geezy likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I could have unironically been the Donald Trump of Darkfall development and turned this game around, too late now though. BPG didn't listen or accept my offer in 2016/ 2017.

Not worth my time to take the thankless unpaid job of trying to save Darkfall in 2020 when new game options are finally on the horizon.

RoA missed it's window and it was essentially dead on arrival, because BPG didn't listen about the economy and staggered time based soft/hard capped character/ crafting progression.

11. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

There will never be a good game ever again give up.

12. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Giving us the ability to have runebooks to hot spots on the map, yes. More fast travel.

When I log on my 20+ year old Ultima Online server I can recall to ALL hotspots, get fights or get killed. You learn where and how to fight with the use of fast travel.

Who in the fuck likes traveling for 10-45 minutes or more to POSSIBLY find a fight. When I could just use my runebook to hop all over the world to get where I want to farm fast or get fights fast. Maybe I will get zerged or be in a zerg but, that's DF

I am not worried about getting zerged at all, I worry about getting on a game and spending more time looking for fights than fighting.

I never quit, I just am waiting for some changes that make the game fun faster. I no longer like to log on a game and make gear sets, run around for hours to fight maybe a few minutes.

I don't not care about losing gear at all, I am rich as fuck. I care about logging on and finding fights. Outnumbered or not.

At the moment, with the what, 150 or less players playing why do I want to run around from city to city, even using portal networks that take me around 20 minutes MINIMUM to reach a spot there MAY be a fight.

Getting zerged does suck but, searching for fights OR even just trying to meet up with friends in game across the map, taking 30+ minutes is dumb.

This thread got off topic about people worried BW abusing privileges. Every game in the world will have this problem, because there are less than a couple hundred people playing you're just going to find out easier.

I love DF but, with no marketing that I ever see, QoL updates that should have been implemented years ago not even being looked at, and the toxic player base trash talking every way possible, this games fucking doomed.

Methodico and The Cannibal like this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

A populated Darkfall has clans owning less holdings and 1 capital (not 47, holy fuck what a shitshow). Finding fights wasnt as hard in DFO than it currently is in RoA.

Instant access to all over the map = less people roaming, farming, spawns near their holdings and more people constantly slaughtering clans out of existence via instantly moving a siege force anytime with runestones and zerging em down.

#73 Sero, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  14. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Maybe if you read my first post you would see I said obviously some measures would need to be added for sieges, dungeons, maybe villages but, being able to travel fast is not going to harm the game at all.

Sorry to say you're wrong if you think so.

It would allow people to log in get where they want and do what they want faster.

You can not deny it's already worked. I will always fall back to Ultima Online, 20_ yr old game would be DEAD if people had to travel that map without fast travel like recalling on runes and runebooks.

With them it makes the game instantly better.

Methodico and The Cannibal like this.
  15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Except your original complaint is absurd since fast travel is ridiculous and getting anywhere on this map is easy as shit.

The only way to make it easier would be to give players a command to teleport lmfao.

16. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

holding portal chambers is plenty of fast travel. also gives holdings value if there is no excess of other forms of fast travel.

SinSemilla and Sero like this.
  17. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Typical response from someone who lives DF.

You may have time to log in and run from city to city, hot spot to hot spot to get action but, I do not.

Since MOST people playing this game aren't lifers and have no time to make gear bags for a half hour then running for that or more around the world to potentially find fights......

It is easy to get anywhere if you play the game all day every day. When you need to farm portal shards and run around to get gold to buy them if you can't farm them, it ruins the game. I do not have fun working to travel faster.

Done responding to you though @Sero we just have different opinions on how traveling this game map should be setup.

(If there was population, 300+ average players, then fast travel is fine where it is)

Methodico, MaxiHori and The Cannibal like this.
  18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Imagine a reason to siege. There might be more than 1 clan owning 47 holdings in the game, and you might be able to find people farming near their territorial location. Imagine.

FUCKING FACEPALM.

19. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

They are great, and pretty much all you need but, it's the resource needed to use them and how much effort you have to put into farming them.

I just want DF arena <3 <3

The Cannibal likes this.
  20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Typical response to a dumb casual gamer that wants the world to revolve around his casual. Too stupid to see 10 seconds past his choice to realize his changes = a dead game where ofc its hard to find fights.

Do you realize you can have a personal portal network on your character and get to ANY location in this game within 5 minutes? Are you fucking shitting me?

Go queue CS:GO, wtf are you doing playing an MMORPG?

Battle Smurf likes this.