Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Painful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SinSemilla, Nov 25, 2019.

1. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

It’s fucking elder abuse!

Grimtide likes this.
  2. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I bet they steal your cane (cobra staff) after they knock you down too.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Bunch of hoodlums zerging me

4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

[​IMG]

can't believe anyone would zerg this old timer.

5. The Red King

Loyal Legend

Lol

Grimtide likes this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Sero may be spastic, but he's not wrong

Sero likes this.
  7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

One thing I will say I can respect about Sero is the way he has been able to talk about problems with RoA and DF/UW without bias, even if he is a little too overboard with trying to make his point. I'd blame that on the incredibly impossible job to convince people who are literally unable to see the game from an apex predators perspective and they miss the real fun of the game. The hunt, the fight, the action. Victim mentality is really a frustrating thing to argue with. You're a villain before you even begin to discuss things that should be discussed without emotional and personal attachment which this community struggles to put aside.

Sero likes this.
  8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

http://www.xtremetop100.com/ragnarok-online

No content coz no grind on the highest rate top 100 private server so no one plays

Rates: 8k/8k/3k - MaxLvl: 500/120 - 3rd Jobs - Active PvP - Battlegrounds - Newbie Package - Exclusive Hero Quest - Mining Forging - Daily Quests Monster Missions - Intense WoE - Achievement System - 500+ Online

Yeah ok

Edit:

And this is where i stand on this. I just don't want the grind to affect my chances of winning a fight unless i can take away that power from you. Full loot is nice because i can take your dragon bag if i win. Anything else like raw skill-gain rate like ROA's launch date should only be wortth leveling for the sake of doing better against other mobs, but then, some of you say that it would be useless.

#128 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    MaxiHori likes this.
  9. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Guys do you really think that grind Is the Key?
    I thought that in this forum people preferred pvp, fight vs other people for everything. Im here for this, everyone It's here for this, for a good mmo with a good fight system. So i prefere an idea like this: theryl ore spawn randoom in the map, everyone can see It, go and fight for that resource. So for me grind It s only a shit korean idea, not good for darkfall. Grind have to be for guilds thing, for sieges, for Sea battle, so people have to grind togheter. Now the solo grind It's ok in my opinion.

MaxiHori and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

And with the new expansion pack coming, there will be more grind.

Mages won't craft bone fillers as part of a top tier bag no more. We will all be making mastery robes, master leather armor and such. So destroyers wont be the only one left grinding hard on gear bags. Yet, some of the ppl in this community want us to grind our heart out for permanent gains like we did at launch because they claim there's nothing else to do.

While it's true there's not much we can do, lvling doesn't fix that at all: especially for those who don't like grinding like that. Then they come here comparing the lvling system of Wow to old ROA.
    Like man, wow is not even a grindfest when you think about it. You level at your own pace actually. It's only a girnd if you make it a girnd. DF is a grind when you wish to become a top tier and to survive against any type of player, but that's the only goal worth to reach atm.

And comparing real life Gym work-out to DFO is lame not because it's video game vs real life, but because when you work-out, you can lose all of your hard earned progress in no time. DFO is kind of the same with gear: you lose your progress if you pvp a lot, but don't farm enough.

MaxiHori and Methodico like this.
  11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The point is we don't have the expansion pack, we don't have anything else, we have combat changes and dyes.

If this game was still RoA launch grind, you wouldn't be complaining right now, because your character would already be done. You only ever needed to grind once, and trust me, if it was a thing, you'd want to do it for exactly the reason you stated above: you don't want to lose a fight because your character. This literally drove DFO conflict for years.

A grind like launch gives the game more spacing between vet/noob. More time for noobs to learn the game organically instead of being rushed into the game endgame in a week and getting curbstomped by vets. More reason for people to farm, be out in the world. Most importantly, a halt on PVP viable alts, since the rate at which they can be made would be drastically lower.

You can sit there and talk about PVP this, PVP that, extra edge this extra edge that, but in terms of classic MMORPG mechanics, leveling and grinding is the main course. It's a time tested mechanic thats been proven again and again.

No character grind mechanic puts this game in the same avenue as Rust, except Rust wipes every other week because Rust servers aren't oblivious to the fact that inflation of resources is so massive it stops people from logging in. Rust server restarts are total hype, you know why? Because everyone is rushing to get guns, build a new base and blow other shitters heads off.

You can sit there and argue against this all you want but at the end of the day the fucking game state speaks for itself bud. There is practically no grind, gear is super abundant and inflated, runebooks allow people to get anywhere on the map without having to be in a clan. Arguing about these is pointless, the game is floating in the middle of the ocean without a lifejacket. No one is logging into a full loot, PVP, MMORPG, to struggle to find a fight for an hour, and getting zerged losing all your shit with practically no chance of winning when you do.

#131 Sero, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  12. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

I think that personal combat skill grind in this game It's enough. Immagine a world where people grind hours for a set that they Lost in 30 sec = empty world

MaxiHori and Marxman like this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Your guna lose a set in 30 seconds no matter how long it takes. Do you know what happens if it takes 30 seconds to get a set you can lose in 30 seconds? Lmao.

Imagine noobs could crutch on characters though. Imagine how many more of the shtiters would be inclined to login and farm gear if they knew they'd have some type of advantage over more skilled players and could hold onto their gear longer. I mean thats all illusory in reality but it still plays a role.

14. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

Sero sucker

you don't think his view on insanely cheap sieges specifically to make mass no shows viable isn't a bias view he has for political reasons? Crying for maintenance on holdings he says are worthless? Wanting to bring back the grind so he can no life for a couple months and be a year ahead of casuals like at launch?

Everything this moron believes is bias lol, its all centered around what is best for him and worst for his enemies.
    --- Post updated ---
    The retardation is strong in this one

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Only a deluded individual such as yourself thinks is strictly about the problems your shit tier clan brought upon itself.

So you're saying your pack of shit tiers wouldnt be inclined to go and out PVP more and if they knew they had a character advantage? Bad players crutch on characters. People who mainly PVE are generally bad players. Hard to understand, i know.

16. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

There were loads of people complaining about the grind when the game launched. BPG changed it after those players quit and some of them came back only to leave for different reasons. The problems with DFO go deeper than just grind, a simple one to point out is lack of long term content, of which grind is not considered content for most, and people quit for those reason as well. Every week there's another "this is why the game failed" and no one is smart enough to put it all together and realize there isn't a single glorious change that will make the game successful, it's going to take a lot of changes and a shit load of time to do. BPG will make poor decisions for one group trying to satisfy another, this happens with every game in existence. I don't think any single developer ever could make this game a raging success so if we want to play it we need keep providing feedback and support or it's just going to die. Period.

Andrew and Marxman like this.
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

People were complaining that the grind was monotonous and boring. Theres lots of ways to make the grind feel less tedious and more fun than simply removing it.

Andrew likes this.
  18. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

There were people complaining about everything. Still are.

Andrew likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea. Thats why you have to make changes that are right for the game world to succeed and not give in to people who CLEARLY didn't think the grind was the problem (otherwise theyd be playing right now)

20. Marxman

Marxman Obsidian Golem
    Loyal

pve'rs are pve'rs for a reason, giving them a large advantage won't magically make them pvpers and want to go around raiding

and it's not just about having pve'rs but also casuals, and I mean perma-casuals not just people who happen to be casual at this exact moment but have been mega try-hards for years in the past
    this is what I have been saying for years and literally just the other day you were talking about how that's basically impossible because you have to dodge aimbot spells and hit mobs that move faster than players lol pretending like because of that pve'rs in darkfall must be godlike pvpers and if they aren't they are just braindead because they are in bw or some stupid shit

again, none of you believe in anything it just comes down to whatever happens to be convenient right at that exact moment even if it contradicts everything you have been saying