Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Painful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SinSemilla, Nov 25, 2019.

1. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

It's a good thing we all know exactly what needs to be done.

MaxiHori likes this.
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Its a good thing the game is on life support with what has already been done.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Mea Kulpa

Mea Kulpa Wildtribe Mage

Do you EVER have anything positive to say in these forums? WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? I don't understand. Surely since all hope is lost for RoA, you have at least 100 other games with their own forums you can go blather your negativity in about those games.
    What is your true purpose sticking around these forums, Sero? Are you here to up your post count for a game you have lost all hope for? You are really beginning to obsessively repeat yourself so please - Just Stop.
    Go get hugged by people other than the couple whom you live with and coddle you. It might just help your disposition.

Happy Holidays,
    M ~

The Cannibal likes this.
  4. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

It was inevitable. There's too much wrong and not enough support to see it all through. This just brings me right back to my first post about it, there are too many things wrong with DFO and not a single change would have made much of a difference on its own. The grind change came after people left due to grind, so it's impossible to know if those people would have stuck around longer. It's impossible to know if keeping it would have been better. It's all speculation based on personal opinions.

Andrew likes this.
  5. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Tons of casuals. So many casuals in game RN we dont know what to do with all of them.

I said its good practice you moron. Holy desperate deluded nonsense. Literally no one on this forum said bad players don't crutch on characters. That's been known since like 2009. The argument was people just want a grind back only because they want to crutch on characters. You're so fixated on one aspect of the change you fail to realize all it's other implications, which is why people are generally short when talking to you, they don't want to deal with your nonsense.

You sit there complaining that bad players still needing to zerg because they suck but then complain about character advantages. Probably because you're one of the people that don't play the game and complain everyone else has better gear than you when they do.

"WAAAAAH, ITS NOT FAIR I WANT WHAT THEY HAVE NOW, BUT I DONT WANT TO DO ANYTHING FOR IT, GIVE ME IT" ~ A classic commie.
    --- Post updated ---
    Then why remove grind in the first place? Changes made to the game are suppose to gather more interest and sustain concurrent users, not lead to 1 clan owning 47 holdings.

#145 Sero, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  6. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

upload_2019-12-14_16-58-36.gif

7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea keep shaking your head because you can't understand that changes to the game shouldn't be made if they don't do jack shit but give people less reason to login.

8. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Grind is still the reason why I dont play.
    Can you have fun each day with 1 hour a day? Nope? Next game.

9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Definitely not with a pop of 15 LOL.

And if the current grind is too much for you, Darkfall isn't the game for you. Try WoW retail, or fortnite.

#149 Sero, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  10. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Its weird to mix fast paced fps action with tedious grind isnt it. Especially when the tedious parts are simply preparing a bag

Marxman likes this.
  11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I didn't want to type this on cellphone yesterday. Now that, i'm here, i'll say this.

At one point, you said the grind needs to come back because there's nothing to do. You said we can't wait for the expac to take away the boredom. I hear you, but the old grind in DFO and ROA has always been bad. If leveling would have to come back, it would have to be done right. Right now, it's better without it.

Here's where i'm getting. I should be wearing a dragon bag with R70 weapons to kill a red dragon, ice dragon or any 7k HP mob just to level my combat skills as fast as possible. Instead, i must use R0 weapons to score more hits before a mob dies just to level my skills as fast as possible. You should see what's wrong with this.

DnD fixed this. You had to use your best weapon and you had to kill a mob that had lots of HP to raise your skills fast.
    UW did it right: you had to complete feats and daily feats. It got better and better after several patches. I loved the prowess system.

In short, if leveling has to come back, the pve part has to be completed first. If i must use R0's again to lvl, i'm not going to want to play again. Using Fire transmuted weapons to kill earh elementals just to level melee fast was dumb enough.
    Surrounding a greater celestial with R0's was dumb enough.
    Doing that to a devil too was dumb enough(ppl did that on the devil to raise melee).

DnD did it better, DF UW did it better. If ROA can't come up with a better leveling system than both of those inferior game(in combat), then it shouln't have a leveling system at all(beside the fast one we already have).

The Cannibal likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Oh look another way to fix grind without removing it.

It's almost like knee jerk reaction to complaints are a bad thing, and things need to be looked at long term instead of what pleases our band of retard players immediately that is going to screw us in the long run.

You never had to use R0s lmfao. You know you can farm mobs, gather gearbags while you level your character right? A selentine golem can be killed with level 1 acid arrow.

Besides, gearing up in dragon means you can sit in combat longer and do more damage, gearing up in strong weapons means you kill and make profit while you grind your character. How the hell were you grinding before?

I didn't kill things at RoA launch unless I made reg money + more back. Which is piss easy considering enchant mats are a thing ontop of raw gold drops.

Wait wut? I leveled melee by duoing Dark Dragons and other 7ks lololololololol. Sounds to me like people just don't know what the fuck they're doing or how the game works lolololol.

We were 4 manning fire dragons week one.

#152 Sero, Dec 16, 2019
  13. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Legend

4 manning fire dragons? Weak

14. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

IKR. If only we didn't have to grind our characters and could 2 man them week 1. Better to get that economy fucked up nice and early and be wearing infernal day 2. I wonder how quicker the logout rate would have been with todays grind at RoA launch lololololol.

15. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Agreed

16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

i was doing malaut dungeon and malechar dungeon to kill mages. ended up doing malechar dungeon only. anything else was strictcly for loot like the time i was killing 8-8 minotaurs only. i always kept it simple.

its nice, you found your method, but i wish it was more like dnd. i cant watch your vid here so ill watch it later.

edit cairn giants for bolts. everyone done that

#156 Scrapnotcrap, Dec 16, 2019
  17. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Lol
    Tsl?? Wow man..
    Face palmin.

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Whats funny is, 1: Grimtide wasn't TSL, he was NME (a literal group of noobs that grew to a powerful clan), and the days when TSL was around DFO was 100x more lively than RoA. Like holy fuck those were the actual golden years of Darkfall. If only TSL just quit right there cause they were bad for the game.

Absolutely terrible toxic vets, bad for the game 100% for sure. Crygaul so brain.

Imagine not bank staring and logging out when people entered your city, but instead going out in a Man O War. Fucking toxic.

Blaze and Slayven like this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I was on that ship
    Rip..mano

#159 Slayven, Dec 16, 2019
    Sero likes this.
  20. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight