Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Painful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SinSemilla, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Then sandbox games like Darkfall are just not meant for u, ADD retard. Fuck off and go play fortnight.

You don't see me going to counter strike forums and asking them to add skill and stat progression/ persistence

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero and Featherbeans like this.
  2. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Have you ever played darkfall btw? I think that the forum is enough for you for having fun.

Grind has failed at the beginning, content failed just after it (only a moron could believe that a couple of parttimers could provide new content), yet the game is still not casual. Takes hours to have 10min of fun and you still dont get it

3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Well if there was ever any doubt you were anything other than a complete no nothing non factor noob, it's gone now.

I was busy being a legend in Darkfall and putting out PvP videos 10+ years ago, back when u were still in grade school eating dried glue off the back of your hand and begging your mum to buy you Call of Duty for your PS3, you little arena rat.

Back then it took over 2 million gold worth of reagents to get 100 fire magic ALONE, it took 3 days of nonstop sword swinging to get 50 greatsword (NOT mastery), it took 6 months to break 310 base HP on an Alfar mage even playing 40 hours a week if u didn't ask swim all night when it was bugged or hit metal nodes all day long semi afk, and guess what? WE HAD SO MANY PLAYERS THE ENTIRE CONTINENT OF NIFFLEHEIM WAS 100% FULL On EVERY CITY BINDSTONE...

And it was like that every where else too, you literally couldn't even farm crappy spawns for more than 5 minutes without getting jumped, not even at 5am. And it was like that for a long time until AV split the EU and NA server, even after the split things were 5-10x netter population wise than RoA from early 2009- early 2012 even when DF1 shutdown in late 2012 despite having 2 servers the NA server still had significantly more players than RoA has had in 2018 and 2019.

In reality everytime the grind was lowered the population went down noticeably soon after and the most populated ANY version of DF was when grind was at its longest. If the game doesn't FORCE EVERY player to continuously go out and farm long term, people stop leaving their cities and dynamic open world pvp declines massively, which creates a chain reaction until u reach population death (where RoA is at now)

@Sero I'm done with this tiny brain, you deal with him

#163 Battle Smurf, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Sero likes this.
  4. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Are we sure about that? Ok ok. :D
    --- Post updated ---
    What grind are you talking about, the dye grind?

You do whatever you wanna do for 1 hour. But I would not be playing Darkfall if I had just 1 hour to play per day.
    Better fun for 1 hour would be using MnK vs controller players in Halo Reach from the Masterchief Collection.
    That is a challenge vs the controller "aim assist" - nothing you'd find in Darkfall...

Sero likes this.
  5. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

@Sero said that the game is too casual, I'm casual and I'm telling you that it is not. Not sure about your reply @battlesmurf, it's just childish to me.

Anyway the fact that bgp let kids like you and sero running freely in their forum tell something about bgp.

@Featherbeans the problem always been the bag, it's too tedius to make a ready bag, takes too long, requires too many items and it's unbalanced in most cases.

6. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Make several bags...
    If the game is not as casual as you need it to be... Its time to move to another game.
    Stop being childish.

Sero likes this.
  7. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

Not the first time I hear this, how's working out?

8. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Youve changed man....

9. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Not me, you.
    Fixed it for ya.
    --- Post updated ---
    Did I?

This person is complaining about the fact that the lenght of a marathon is 42.195 kilometres and that's too much for him/her.
    This super serious person is going to a Deli that just sells meat and not only asks for vegan products but demands they should be there.
    How arrogant is that?

Anyway I don't expect any of you guys to really understand my point. Stay stupid.

Sero likes this.
  10. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Windlord

I'm not really complaining, just pointing out that this game is not casual friendly as other implied.

You don't want this game to became casual friendly, that's a legit view to have, no reason to insult others just cause they have a different opinion.
    Additionaly I take my references from other mmorpg like daoc or eso and many free shards that have been successful, so it's not written anywhere that this game must be this tedius, it's a choice.

11. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

Don't be intellectually dishonest. The game with these zones is already casual friendly enough. The grind is light AF concerning everything.
    If, for you, making a bag is tedious, what can I say... Wait for the robe patch...

Sero likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Not much to deal with. Guy isn't going to be happy until he doesn't have to farm, doesn't need to equip gear, doesn't have more than 4 binds, and can queue into a deathmatch.

Dude is just looking for a different game and doesn't realize it.

Once BPG started down this path of casual friendly they opened up the floodgates fpr things like this, and now no one is happy. The reality is the game can never be what they ask for and still remain what it was. Might as well scrap everything and make a MOBA if thats what BPG wanted.

#172 Sero, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Featherbeans and Battle Smurf like this.
  13. Featherbeans

Contributor Hero

I was looking throught my Steam game list: that Lightrise game was not that bad after all, huh?...

Sero likes this.
  14. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

[​IMG]
    yeah looks great, a game with actually nobody online.

Sero likes this.
  15. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

For those who don't know, that game was made to replace DF UW for a while. And a lot of players actually move'd-in so it was alive for a while... until ROA

Sero likes this.
  16. Stik

Stik Goblin Warrior
    Contributor

peak player count a year after release was 4
    stop bad posting

17. Yomi Scythetalon

Woo boy drunk that sero juice straight up.

18. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

So you think the grind is too much in Rise of Agon?

What would you do to reduce it?

19. Yomi Scythetalon

Na I dont think theres enough grind tbh.

20. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

qUiT dRiNkiNg ThE SeRo JoosE!!1!1!!