Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Paper Doll Lock Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Virginicus Maximus, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur Goblin Shaman

up it to .5 and make you take 10 damage every time you fuck up a switch.

also revert the post cast animation to its original length I'm too old to click that fast, my arthritis flares up from all this clicking.

HeganHatsumo likes this.
  2. Itwas Luck

Itwas Luck Stormgraive

that's a good point actually. completely forgot about that.

We need the old GCD on spells too =]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Virginicus Maximus

Virginicus Maximus Crypt Guard

Thats because you dont switch weapons and you have 0 sensitivity kid ,y ou just have your staff out the whole time.
    --- Post updated ---
    THIS!
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe the number is less than DFO but it feels slower and choppier than DFO I played DFO and I can tell you that this paper doll lock, and DFO's paper doll lock were two different things. Also paper doll lock was kind of RNG it didnt paper doll lock you 100% of the time.
    --- Post updated ---
    Agreed everyone supporting the paper doll lock is either braindead old people with arthritis or nerds who dont even play the game anymore. I don't think any of them tested the patch besides sique, who doesn't even switch from his staff anyway. XD

4. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

yep

--- Post updated ---
    i was dueling 7 diff people from dunerats all day including luck and noah.

Methodico likes this.
  5. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

I test It and i think that It Is a good start for ttk.
    It would be better if they slowed down the weapon switching animation rather than paperdol lock, so there would be no lag / freeze feeling.

The Red King and Porch like this.
  6. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Whatttttt????? lol try fortnite mate
    --- Post updated ---
    try whit + 120 ping mate

CaptainAmerica and Dagoth Ur like this.
  7. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur Goblin Shaman

ya cant help but like a post like this

8. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Crypt Guard
    Legend

I swear to fucking God BPG grow a mother fucking SPIN...and don't remove the delay.

...and keep up with changes-reverts that put skill back into PVP.

Edit- only the retards like @Auron who think fortnight's PvP is skill based hates the delay

The Red King likes this.
  9. Landon Dorf

Landon Dorf Deadeye

Revert the revert. Also fortnite is a lot more skillful than df and that’s a fact. Df may be hard but if you log into fortnite today little jimmy08s gonna be blowing ur brains out sideways. Aslong as melee is in darkfall I don’t think it will ever be that hard because all it takes is one good player to get into melee and boom half the fights are over right there. If this was for ttk it’s very interesting choice instead of buffing heals or adding more hp which I think would have been way better. Just my opinion though. Revert

CaptainAmerica likes this.
  10. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur Goblin Shaman

I think its fairly difficult to talk about which games take more or less skill than others, since in pvp games your skill level is inferred from outcomes of contests between you and other players, and hence whether you are skilled or not is dependent on how skilled the other players are, and without any way to have an objective measure of the average skill level your skill level cant be quantified in a way where it would be comparable to hypothetical measurements of skill in other games.

jimmy08s probably would blow someones brains out who has not played fortnite before, but conversely jimmy08s would get his brain blown out in df until the 2030s.

its impossible to even say which game takes longer to learn, since how do we measure whether you have learned the game? Would you count as having learned the game if you reach top 50% ranks? or top 30%? or top 1%? even if both games had a functional ranking system this would not be a good way to determine which game takes longer to learn, since the players you compete against in each game are not equivalent, they differ in average hours played per day, in age, and countless other aspects, and hence it may be harder to break into a certain % bracket in each game.

Both games take skill, as is evident from the fact that outcomes of contests in each game arent determined entirely by chance, but it is pretty much impossible to say which one takes more.

11. Landon Dorf

Landon Dorf Deadeye

I agree you can’t tell which one is necessarily harder but saying fortnite doesn’t take skill is a lie lol. Also it takes no longer than 6-12 months to be good at df.(unless your a super casual player that’s goal isn’t to get good) I’ve had to relearn the game over the past 6 months and I would say the spot I am at I have a chance of beating almost every player in the game. I also know people that were new players a few months ago that can easily kill 50-80% of the population still and that’s pretty good considering anyone playing now has to be atleast a little bit good at pvp or understand it. Once you get the muscle memory of fighting on auto pilot df pvp is relatively easy you just have to not miss

The Red King and Anal Itching like this.
  12. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Celestial
    Legend

Ibis is laughing his ass off right now... He just intentionally made the game shit, and a bunch of you kids are applauding him for it.

13. Anal Itching

Anal Itching New Member

How long until revert? i just loss my interest in log in

14. Landon Dorf

Landon Dorf Deadeye

Same

15. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Agreed on Fortnite being hella skilled. I will put a million gold on my 10 year old to destroy any Rise of Agon player.

The delay is great just give it time.

16. Landon Dorf

Landon Dorf Deadeye

I used to be a top 750 player in fortnite I haven’t played in a while but I would be down to 1v1 for a chance at 1 mil

The Red King and Sique like this.
  17. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

id take that bet as well

The Red King likes this.
  18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Just revert combat to end of df1 or RoA beta and leave it the fuck alone. The only change that is related to combat that would be nice is to make mage / destro bag the same cost, which is simple just lower normal bone Armour protections and add mastery bone Armour, and even this isn't needed.

Just work on content, give people reasons to pvp other than just for the fun of it.

Mea Kulpa, Auron and HeganHatsumo like this.
  19. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

I'd rather play chess than checkers you bite sized clown, go hang from a pullup bar maybe you'll grow up.... I WANNA BE A REAL BOYYYYYY

TyteDaddyTite and The Red King like this.
  20. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

Honestly, the biggest issue with this patch was the lack of testing before it went live. Whether you like the change or not is irrelevant, as it seems to be about 50/50 for and against. But how do you make a change, build 4 systems on top of that change, and then revert the change and not realize that those 4 systems are going to have to be fixed?

On a side note, WTF is up with these forums? I was not logged in and when I finished reading the thread I clicked the button to log in or sign up. It pops a modal to allow me to log in, BUT IT'S AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, and it doesn't scroll me up so I can see it. I am assuming the same people coding the game are coding the forums. /fail.

Fengor, CaptainAmerica and MikeJT like this.