Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Patch causing massive gameplay failures for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by WHOshotWHO, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Suicidesheep

Suicidesheep Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Thank you for the additional information.

Edit: I have farmed the spawn for about 30 minutes to one hour without any issues. I have forwarded the tile ID and spawn to kilrain to see if he can locate the issue with that specific spawn.

If anyone else has this issue with other spawns please do let me know.

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Just to clear things up you are not performing any other actions, correct? You log in and go straight to the spawn without opening a crafting window, nothing else?

3. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

only UI element i have opened are the spells and skills window. i didnt open the new crafting window. also i did use the bank to refill on regs/food before i went to the spawn.

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Alright thanks. I'll see if I can find anything.

5. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

i played abit more the last 2 days to figure this out. ive had the same thing occur at the sarlid spawn, in sanguine while sitting at the bank and in the wild while herbing now. it just happens randomly and doesnt seem to be related to any specific mob or tile.

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Hmm. OK. It's going to be a tough one to track down for sure. If anyone else is having this issue it would be greatly appreciated if you could all document what you are doing during the sessions that this occurs and maybe even when it doesn't.

7. leflexzone

leflexzone Goblin Scout

usually when it happens to me is when monsters/players/npc's load up like the old "load lag" but there would be random times and chances that these load lags would cause constant fps stutter that happens every 1second and wouldn't stop unless you restart the client. Also I feel like it's got to do something with the gui persistance or w/e because say you would be farming and the problem occurs when you recall back to capital or bindstone at loading screen you still see your HUD and such.

8. magicmarco

magicmarco New Member

Has there been ANY progress on resolving this problem? I remember it from DFO, along with all the other crafting patch frustrations. You're just following Adventurine's software patch lifecycle aren't you? If I remember correctly, along with all the crafting bugs, this was never fixed, but was definitely related to the remote crafting window or toggling the UI back and forth while farming/fighting/playing. Nothing jogs your memory like the surreal 1930's moving picture style horror film, starring YOU, and and two Alfar tards who spend 20 minutes trying to kill your 'move every 7 seconds' character until the leak blue screens your pc or crashes to desktop. To make it worse, the inbred brother/father combo eventually figure the keys out and kill you while your helpless and still stuttering corpse is polluted with their webbed inbred hands.. Frame by frame so it burns in memory even 10 years later. Thank you for bringing it ALL back. Wait, it's no big deal, I busted my arse crafting so I can just craft another r60/70 but wait, your crafting skills have somehow gone down since you made 30 Infernal armor sets and now you can't even craft the same item you just watched the tim tards try to use to bunny-hop....not sure they'll ever get that one, but your r70 polearm really got them close this time...they almost had it.
    Yep, it's all coming back to me now...WAIT, I finally remembered to video record my last 47 crafting sessions because just like Adventurine, not a single certified SQL admin in the building to run the most basic user function query known to mankind. It's all coming back alright...such bittersweet.

#28 magicmarco, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I have had this happen randomly. Seems to happen to me based on game play time. Usually if my character has been online 6 hours or more after i have done so much stuff I couldn't possibly point to any specific cause. When it was happening I had my resource monitor open and was not using much more ram than normal however my cpu percentage seems double normal. I have a really good system and my hdd setup doesn't peg very much usage while this happens.

My system is an i7 6700k overclocked to 4.7ghz with 64gb ddr4 ram on a raid 0 ssd volume. Gfx card is a r9 290 but in catalyst I don't notice any oddities with the card when this happens. Seems more like some sort of logic loop that runs hot and heavy once per second causing client freeze.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  10. leflexzone

leflexzone Goblin Scout

this problem still happens to me and makes the game unplayable.

11. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

delete GUI persistence file

12. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

Got 4 fps so i closed the game and when i logged in my UI was reset and bank was a mess.

#32 Janosh, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  13. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

maybe relog to see if it fixes

14. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

didnt work :(

15. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

That sucks, maybe check if App data files for character is actually wiped. Either case, save copy of ue 3 files after u do binds and organize bank.

16. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

My binds are still working its just the bank / and health bar etc that gets reset to original UI

17. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

Has this been fixed? This makes the game unplayable for me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  18. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

so 1.5 months later this is still an issue ? i have quitted playing since then cos its entirely unplayable.

19. Lockz

Lockz Ghost
    Legend

So having similar issue. Notice TrainofPain had it as well the other day on his stream.
    Only has happened to me after going through a loading screen, bindstone, recalling, etc.

Has happened 3 times but only after a period of 3-5 hours with the client open.

20. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Yeah I havent had this in a long time but did get this before a few times in 1.0.

GUI persistence is the health bars, bank, chat file. Should be abel to atleast copy that one file when u reorganize everything and then paste it back in when it happens again.

Main issue I have with this file is that it keeps getting bigger and bigger to a point where it starts provoking load lag bugs when u farm for a good while. Heard there used to be a site that would clear out all the text in the file wiping it of everything u didnt need for ur GUI. If someone knows more about this would be good if BPG would service those trying to clean this file of junk.