Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ansem, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Reptar

Reptar Fire Elemental
    Legend

You're all welcome for this change. You can also thank Mad from ANN.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  2. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Mounted attacks still do back damage to parrying targets sometimes. Kind of retarded.

Kwatos and gosti like this.
  3. Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup Goblin Warrior

Someone posted literally this for the reason recently.

4. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

I thought the hundreds of posts of crying for a mounted combat nerf since my first video meant people cared.

You have to parry towards a swing to block it. If you put your back towards the impact point, you'll get hit in the back.

5. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

No, people are leaving because of lack of content when they are finished their characters. This patch was a separate patch from their larger patch cycle. Should they not address issues in game just because they arent "new content" related

Oresmacker and Fengor like this.
  6. Kwatos

Kwatos Infernal

Nobody cares how highly you think of yourself

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

parry.

8. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

You basically answered your own question.

Most of the Sele Golems are in locations that require a good bit of travel time. Then, you would kill one for 1-2 ore...then wait. That's not fun.

It's great they increased the drop rate, but those Golems on far away island are still on far away islands. Now, the increased drop rate certainly makes up for the bit of travel time, but the same issue remains. There are a very limited amount of Sele Golems, which is almost base line PvP gear. Adding 2 to the main lands, doesn't really address the issue.

People need to remember that Armor and Weapons are the tools that allow you to play this game. If you frustrate people and make them feel entire masteries of armor and weapons are not worth their time, they get discouraged. I hope that one day in Darkfall, the content int he game reins king, not the never ending, main content focus of farming armor and weapons.

Slayven, rats, Kwatos and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup Goblin Warrior

They also added 2 on mainlands homie. Read the notes and stop complaining just to complain.

10. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Did you read his full comment before responding? you should go back and re-read it.

Slayven, Kwatos and Kurise LXV like this.
  11. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

i really dont understand your concern. Do you want them to add in 20 new sele golem spawns and increase drop rates by 10x? Is your complaint that a casual who has 30m a day to play isnt able to farm up enough sele or for a FP set?

Ansem likes this.
  12. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Did I miss patch notes being posted??

13. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

14. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Now I didn't say there needs to be 20 new spawns, I simply said 2 new spawns and the increased drop rate isn't quite enough.

Darkfall requires too much grinding. The more expensive gear is harder for casual / less skilled players to obtain and significantly easier to lose. The nature of Darkfall requires you to constantly refarm the same materials. If these materials are in crappy locations, it still does not solve the problem. Selentine should be abundant, honestly. Anyone that has a problem with that is just being ridiculous.

Zeiken likes this.
  15. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

Let me ask you a question Kurise - if people had more access to buy the materials needed for crafting from other players, would it help alleviate part of the issue you're bringing up? Right now it is rather difficult to buy and sell wares from others, especially those outside of your clan or alliance. We want to have the Deployable Player Vendor system help address part of this problem and will be opening up the design thread on that topic this evening.

One of the things you can expect now that we have moved into our post-launch development cycle is that the feedback we receive from the community will help shape the systems we are working on. For this month we will be focusing our discussions on Deployable Player Vendors, the new Tasks coming in, and Champion Loot.

rats, DarkGhost25, mrW and 2 others like this.
  16. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

This in no way reduces the grind... Trading is the last thing on players minds. Trading is so easy now that everyone is in sanguine and the eaze of accessing the clan banks now if you are a recruit. I am not sure that spending precious resources on trading is a good use of time, considering the number one complaint is the grind and lack of content..

Slayven, Zeiken, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

Why should selentine be abundant when it's a rare ore?

Darkfall is a game that rewards skill in the form of positioning and aim. Players who practice can beat players who are better geared with superior aim and positioning.

Don't believe me? I bet we could put you or the 20 other players complaining in full plate with r60s and you'd lose to @Animal with him wearing studded leather and using r40s.

rats likes this.
  18. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

The reason that nobody is selling anything is NOT a lack of player vendors LOL

The overall game is not conducive to an effective economy. The end game is 100% pvp. Therefore every end game player requires the same materials to make gearbags and there is almost zero incentive for people to farm for anyone aside from themselves unless they plan to sell for RMT.

Like just think about it. What's my incentive to sell my selentine or q3/4 mats? To get gold? Then what will I use the gold for??

Bartlebe, Zeiken, Check Mate and 9 others like this.
  19. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Good changes, steps in the right direction for sure (mostly). I don't think there is a problem with the grind right now, like others have stated the problem is once the grind is finished there is nothing else to do but bank stare / log off. Don't know why anyone is complaining about the selentine golem changes, they are definitely needed and while not everything that is needed they are definitely a positive change.

20. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Nice to see you guys getting more active on forums and communication wise, I hope the activity will keep up :)

rats, Aristos Giannes, Neilk and 2 others like this.