Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ansem, Jul 10, 2017.

1. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

I disagree with this. I would sell the valuable q3/q4 mats so that I could buy q2 mats in larger quantities. You are more correct with rare ore, but I have easy access to a veilron golem so I could afford to sell some of that to buy selentine or leenspar. As it stands right now though, there is so much friction in trading that people only want to buy bulk so I don't bother selling really anything. Plus there is the being-in-sanguine problem. Player vendors could solve a lot of these problems. Other changes like making cinder or horn only used in one of the premium enchants could solve more but that is a different thread

2. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Maybe u haven't been playing recently but trade chat is 99% people spamming their WTB macros

Also. I'll buy your q3/4 mats

3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

this deployable vendors stuff needs to be free of taxes cuz if not ppl will stay using alts in sanguine and fuck off.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  4. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

The biggest economics mistake in UW was auction house fees, completely ruined everything.

rats likes this.
  5. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

They have butchered the economy. Every time they fuck with it, they take it farther from UO and then wonder why its still shit. Hyperinflation is still coming, they just increased the delay before it hits by increasing the tedium.

6. Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup Goblin Warrior

I will also buy all of your q3/q4 horn/cinder/venom sac/quartz/bile/claw

7. Supafro

Supafro Undead Dwarf
    Hero

Sele Golem Results
    Drop/Skin
    1/1
    1/1
    1/1
    2/1
    1/1
    1/3
    2/2
    4/1

Average: 1.6/1.4= 3
    Min:1/1 = 2
    Max: 4/3 = 7

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor and Nat like this.
  8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

4/1 op

9. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

The max you can get from a single golem would be 8, a perfect 4/4.

10. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

Dont realy seem much unfortuently to help the longevity of the game or to retain any new player base unfortuently in the patch which are the bigger problems unfortuently

11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Thought I'd chime in here. So there's not really any exploits per say. The reason people get back hits is because of the method used for mount attack calculations, more specifically object (target) collection. The way it is designed the "center" for the attack comes from the wrong directions. The only other part that some people consider and exploit, but is really not, is the ability to change attack direction mid swing. This isn't really a problem in most situations, but we'll be looking at changing it so that melee attacks can not be converted into "mount attacks" on the fly. That's probably the worst part.

I did reduce the range at which "mount attacks" reach forward so it is less likely to get a back hit when switching from melee to mount attack (s + attack while moving forward).

In the next update I'll be changing the object collection so that the direction the attack comes from will always be the mount. This will make it so parrying toward the mount will always be the correct direction. Once the solution was found there wasn't enough time to change it before this patch however, so you will have to wait.

12. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Why would anyone use a vendor. We all have alts in sanguine. Like who is just gonna roam around looking to buy stuff from a vendor out in the world. We will trade with our blue alts in a npc city where its safe.

13. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

I'll place my stuff for sale on a vendor and leave the fucking city while you sit there yelling into trade chat for someone to come save your life.

Ringo Starr and Ansem like this.
  14. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Well that's a good point. But you will still have to have an alt there to buy stuff from other people.

15. Mexi Horseman

Mexi Horseman Goblin Warlord

this is the DF meta bro.. can't change existing metas.. gotta keep combat intact.. amirite Sero Nys? Any change to the existing combat meta goes against everything that darkfall is.

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  16. Zorak

Zorak Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Glad the video I sent you helped.

One thing to note: Parry disable doesn't work when on a mount, so a mounted player has no way to disable someone's parrying.

Fengor and Ansem like this.
  17. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Easier access to materials usually in turn results in a drop in prices for the more abundant items. Yes, if players have easier access to purchasing materials without traveling large distances and lowering the chances of being scammed, it would help alleviate some of these issues.

Players just need more legitimate avenues to obtain items without hitting PvP spots or dealing with shady characters. When players feel the materials are easier to access without much trouble, they are more inclined to PvP. I believe there should be another "item" focus outside of gear, which should take precedent. But that is hard to pinpoint =\

What I don't understand is, I have some people here criticizing my thoughts, which in my opinion, increase the likelihood of less skilled players wearing better armor (which they need) to go fight. If the risk is too great for the casual / lesser skilled player, they are less likely to wear quality gear, which just puts them farther at a disadvantage.

Schnid and DarkGhost25 like this.
  18. Ansem

Ansem Skeleton Archer
    ANN Reporter

Kid didn't you quit like 9 years ago what are you still doing here?

Fengor likes this.
  19. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

The problem is most people aren't going to want to sell their selentine ore, even if they have an abundance. And if they do, they're likely only going to sell within their alliance. This is only true for resources that everyone needs though, like selentine.

Look at trade chat. You see tons of people trying to buy rare ore, but very few selling. Most people are buying and selling housing mats since those are NOT a required resource by every player, but instead a luxury resource. Essences and papyrus stop being required resources once you become leveled, so you see those being sold to newer players.

So the dilemma is everyone needs selentine and no one wants to sell it. So everyone has to farm it themselves. Your solution was to put higher outputs in hard to reach places. This only benefits those with access to those places, or those who have enough time to travel to them and still farm.

I mentioned all of this in a post a while ago but i'm guessing it wasn't seen. Required resources like selentine need to have outputs that are accessible to everyone. Make selentine keys more rare perhaps, then increase the drop rate of sele ore on sele chests. Or perhaps further increase the drop rate of sele ore on rocks located in lawless areas.

The only other solution to this is to create high level mage gear that doesn't require mixing metal pieces. Basically like UW did, so a portion of the population would need resources warriors don't need, and vice versa.
    --- Post updated ---
    How is changing direction mid attack not an issue? The counterplay to mounts used to be you would see which way the rider was leaning, then try to dodge on the other side. Now the rider doesn't have to lean at all and gives no indications which way he's going to attack. Instead he waits for the player on foot to dodge one direction, and reacts to it instantly. The mounted player has a large advantage by doing this.

Mycke and Sintan like this.
  20. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I'd still need at least one ingot per bag for my sword since I prefer Knightblades and Deepblades. I can use a Dawnrazor or JB if I need to but my ideal bag will always take at least one Selentine Ingot as opposed to maybe 3-4 for a default mage bag. Better but the issue still persists.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Aristos Giannes likes this.