Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

PEACEFULL PROTEST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pimptight, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Dashboardlife

Dashboardlife Goblin Warrior
    Wealthy

FYI all protests are peaceful, when they are not peaceful they are called riots. :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Hagz, Myater, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  2. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

we did that already. next day maintenance was put back into the game. if it worked once it could work again but im not logging in to do it.

3. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

God fucking damnit...

4. Squanto

Squanto Black Knight
    Legend

I spend probably ~2+hrs a day sitting alt-tabbed at midmap villages or at traderoute exits. I rarely get pvp, and when I do its not enjoyable. I get pixels that I don't need fighting people that are nowhere near my skill level. All of the good players already quit, or only log in for sieges. I've tried to go and hit all of the cities/hamlets with mines and all I run into are naked afk's, and the mines are always tapped out (not that I need the pixels anyway).

The rest of my time on the game cosists of me riding around portal hopping and hitting cities. Most of the time the city is empty, sometimes I run into 1-2 people and once in awhile I will run into 4+. The fights aren't fun, and I don't need the pixels.. so what do I do?

Im not going to go farm/check q4 mobs or golems because its literally like /party_rolling d100. If <99 find no one, if >99 then there is 1 person farming. I jump them farming, get a fight that isn't fun, and more pixels I do not want or need.

MaxiHori likes this.
  5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

probably good for the noobie population if we all quit for a couple months tbh.

haha good joke right, noobie population

Scrubby Bear, Sero, NonFactor and 3 others like this.
  6. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

been saying that for what a fucking year now

DnD should be way more harder so ill try it

makes no sense to have this huge map and have everyone max out whit unlimited resources

they coulda have city/hamlet whit daily quest/task that increase ur char skill.( u know a diff way to lvl instead of shooting bolt on mobs for hours ) or give enchant mats or crafting mats.

so many thing they could done to increase city value

#26 BeatIt, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Battle Smurf likes this.
  7. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Why add things to do that would make players want to log in when you can revamp shits that barely anybody cares about?

Sero, Lodex2001, Circa and 5 others like this.
  8. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Smoked. Next.

Sero, Circa, Myater and 3 others like this.
  9. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

what did you expect when they caved into the 'we want it now' crowd?

I've always said that the grind needed to be there. Sure, the DFO grind was nuts, but it kept things paced, the grind in UW was sped up, and it died out much quicker. We NEVER EVER needed a reduced grind, what we needed was more content that helped us move the grind along a little faster. When you remove the grind, you remove the challenge, after that you've got LoL or DoTA or Overwatch effectively, and RoA has a map too huge for that. It's why they shrank the map in UW, but they made it TOO small. No No.. never remove the grind, ease it up slightly, add in quests and stuff that will help peeps to aid that grind along, put in a tutorial zone, AND FIX THE DAMNED UI so that it's readable by everyone, adjustable (including fonts) and functional, limit abilities/skills available to make it easier for people to become viable and the game will thrive. Many other people aside from me have been saying the same thing and @Andrew and the gang did not listen.

reduced grind = more bank staring, i dunno how people don't understand it.

10. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

Calm down man... grind does not = stuff to do. They will figure something out the game just started. I could not be more happy. One day we will have Content to go with maxed char.

#30 Mighty Mouse, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Grind doesnt have to be direct character development it just needs to be long term goals that are perceived as worth striving for.

12. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

But people asked for the grind to be removed. BPG was listening to the community. Are all those people who wanted the grind gone currently active?

It's a lot easier to remove grind than to create new content, so BPG took the low hanging fruit. So, what's the problem?

13. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

everyone blaming character grind being reduced is the reason the game is dead is not being realistic. It was inevitable to happen because there's zero content. the grind just kept the no lifers busy and the casuals to be at a disadvantage which sooner or later quit. It's a double edge sword, no content will always be the culprit.

#33 Circa, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    MaxiHori, RootedOak, Grimtide and 2 others like this.
  14. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

Why don't you take some new players or not so great players and teach them to pvp?

15. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

and pvp who exactly...

Fengor likes this.
  16. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Grind is way to fast. Gathering is way to fast. It's like they decided to go with extreme opposite.

Every MMO has a grind. Its what every MMO is built around. How is this some people not know this? They need to pick a spot in the middle of the two. Both extremes are bad for population

kingp43 likes this.
  17. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

You guys are like little kids, you signed up for this with expectations that things would be a lot different by now? How dumb are you?

I'm not a fan of a bunch of stuff from the last patches and their dev focus, but the game is more or less in the state I imagined it would be at this point. It was obvious that it wasn't nowhere near ready for Launch and that it would take a year or more after beta for the game to be more or less in a good state.

18. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Other MMO's aren't full loot with people with 5-8 years of experience playing it.

Fengor and Circa like this.
  19. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Exactly this. MMOs have known this since they were first created. Removing long term character development in an MMO is a death sentence.

ChronoHood, kingp43 and Battle Smurf like this.
  20. Lodex2001

Lodex2001 Skeleton Archer
    Patron

Full bank Max character. I win. Bye

Fenris, Prodigy_Burn and Sero like this.