Separate names with a comma.
Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.
Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pimptight, Sep 5, 2017.
I don't have the patience to train new players.
Just log out, and don't log back in. That's what I did.
- They got rid of portal chambers. (Why? To make the game even more aids?)
- They decided not to make a good in game map before launch. (Like you don't even realize how important this is to new players/vets alike. I have to alt tab to check mobspawns/wilderness portal chambers I've run by or visited before?)
- They wasted the past, probably over 2 months, of development on useless things (Like why do skills need to be 1-5 instead of 1-100? Why do we need scrolls now that you reduced grind?)
- They took forever to reduce the grind when people were saying reduce it since Beta
- They recently changed it so skills are automatically acquired as you level up the school? You know I personally and many others suggested that since before the scroll system was even being talked about?
- How them player vendors coming along?
- What are you sieging for? What are you farming for? There is no endgame goal.
- Every patch breaks the game
- Why haven't you added in the full armour sets yet?
- Why haven't you fixed robes yet?
- Why haven't you consolidated buff spells yet? (Also good job on changing buff others, I'm sure you'll revert those once you realize you're going to have to start limiting schools/playstyles to keep MMORPG players interested, don't worry, evidence shows you're good at backtracking.
- Who the hell asked for remote crafting/Why do you think it's a good idea?
- Crafting Queue, Wow fantastic, another Beta change.
- Why does the Alfar (A literal evil murderous creature) produce the title "Oakmaster". lmfao.
- Why are Dwarves still the best crafters, You couldn't split the weapons/armour durability, and give the weapon bonus to another race? Or I dunno make Dwarven Hammers have the increased durability since it's their racial?
- It took way to long to fix mounts, one of my friends quit because of how dumb they were, doubt he's interested anymore.
- The durability bar is a literal joke. What, it was too hard to read the durability on the Icon? Now we have Double the clutter of things in our banks/bags?
- Good thing you changed crafting times, too bad it was another beta change.
- Good thing you got rid of crafting tools, too bad it was another beta change.
- Good thing you changed harvesting, after people were complaining about it since you changed it the first time, in beta.
- Good thing you added in mount leans, too bad it was another beta change.
- Still can't bind mousewheel????
- Why are you adding in single house spots instead of entire new villages as a place of conflict? When are you going to make villages actually worth capping?
- If you think anyone is going to play because they can now rightclick a bag and equip all the armour pieces in it, ima lol. Seriously just a complete non-issue, as if equipping armor was difficult or something lmfao.
HI, we've been asking for better noobie protection for a while now, since like, I dunno, BETA. Whats next? A noobie island?
This games direction is everywhere. Half of it doesn't make sense. It never should have left Beta in this state. Not sure why you rushed it, while you're still making Beta-esque changes.
Lost all faith.
--- Post updated ---
Thats a joke right? Like that isn't actually what the heat map is going to look like right? Like theres going to be a red circular area where those blue google markers are suppose to be right? hahahaha, good one, you almost got me!
Reduction of the grind is not the reason the game is dead, but I would argue that it is a contributing factor. My previous post in this thread had a sarcastic tone. I have always argued that bad content is better than no content. Reducing the grind is like removing bad content, but at least people logged in. I would rather people log in with a shitty attitude and only filling a sick addiction to grind than to not log in.
Without grind, there is little to Darkfall. We have a barren game with a good combat system.
Now, there are other major factors to the low population. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has changed the landscape of competitive PC gaming. It has affected everything in its popularity. Most people seem happy to give up Darkfall's unique features to play PUBg's take on "King of the Hill".
The solution does not seem easy. A functional ranking system for PvPers would go a long way, but to create one without exploits would be very difficult. If we are going to create content without being grindy, then Darkfall needs new systems. Sadly, those are the biggest on manpower to create.
Time to retire pimptight u mongoloid
You know in most games the grandmasters sit in ques forever until they finally get matched with people not on their level too.
I love Darkfall...
Rabble nothing , they really screwed this one up. This patch is far from making me want to login... I came to the site to see if I was going to play at least once with this month's accidental sub.. but I'm not logging into to play a watered down version of DF.
--- Post updated ---
Pretty much... this was one of the dumbest things they have done..
But don't listen to me when I say make the grind about the skill grind and not the gear to PvP with lol.
So yall heard about that UW remake? ...im fucking hyped yo!
Pictures or not real..
Thread full of vets making excuses for not logging in because they know without massive grind and gear gap they'll get rolled in game by 2 week old noobs.
disagree with you totally happy grind is gone so so so fucken happy
--- Post updated ---
Man you are really going hard on these poor guys. They did a lot of work. Granted they did not have the best direction in mind but at least they put in work.
Putting in work makes no difference if all your doing is moving dirt from 1 pile to the other. In the end all you have from your hardwork is a pile of dirt.
I was so excited to see these guys work after what they did in beta. They started off slow and steady, but it showed huge promise:
- Weapon changes (that were actually good)
- UI Fixes
- Scroll System
- Tweaks to PVE to test and see what the best options were
- Beginning of mount tweaks
This was literally nothing compared to the grand scheme, but it was a good start.
It's too bad this all crashed and burned.
Why? The only reason I can think of is greed.
Everyone knew. We fucking knew the game was not ready to launch, and ontop of that, THEY DID IT DURING A SERVER HARDWARE CHANGE. UHHH WHAT!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!
Again, the above things I mentioned were nice little changes, but it was NOWHERE near enough to call this iteration of Darkfall it's own. Many of the same problems from DFO existed and still exist. So why the hell did they launch? Look where it got them. The game is on it's deathbed.
They were just getting started with changing the game (FOR THE BETTER MIND YOU), but many of the systems were still not fleshed out, or expanded on. We were left with pretty much the same god damn game from 8 years ago, except we already knew everything about it. What makes you, or even BPG think, that that product, is ready to go to market?
What I said isn't going hard on them, it's laying out the nonsense on the table, AND there's even more I can list. For instance: no one has even mentioned that with the buff other changes, you now have to have Ironskin And Haste bound to combat ready keys so you can buff mid combat because of the 30 second duration change. This did nothing to combat the original complaints of the spells being TOO STRONG (not lasting too long), and instead increased the player skill gap even further.
It's like ever since launch it's been a downward spiral of panic and poor development that has led everyone to just stop and move on. How many betas/wipes did Albion Online go through before they thought their product was ready for market? Look at what they got. They had fully fleshed out systems that actually worked.
My main complaints about that game that stopped me from playing it were:
- Stale Combat (Due to moba-esque nature of the game)
- If you didn't have a healer, you might as well log the fuck out.
Everything else I experienced in that game was pretty fucking good, there was a lot to do in that game from the get go.
These guys had a shot to take this game to it's true potential and they straight up blew it. Huge.
--- Post updated ---
I mean people are praising these new village changes, have any of you taken a step back realized that this isn't even new content. They're changing village cap mechanics (which is dumb, pointless and a waste of development/coding time). You're still fighting over the same crap loot. People aren't going to villages because they have to take the time to cap it, people aren't going to villages because it's a waste of time TO cap it. It takes like 30 seconds to capture a village with battlespikes, but whats the damn point when you get a handful of garbage?
Ontop of this, they rehash the portal system into something that is pretty much the same as it was before (again THE SAME CONTENT THAT WE ALREADY HAD), except now you have to partake in Mini sieges at villages near your holdings everyday, just to secure your portal network.
So instead of the amount of effort it took to siege an actual holding to secure your portal network, anyone can do it, everyday, for even cheaper than before, and you have to run between your village and your holding to port places instead of just the portal chamber and the bank. They've outsourced the portal network, and for some reason, people are happy about it.
What do we want?!
Can you be more specific?!
How about this. New content, that isn't what we had before, that shouldn't have been removed in the first place.
It's rather harsh to say it's "waste of developer time" considering we don't even know how it's going to pan out yet. From what I've gathered: It seems that the "looting" part will involve the new capping 'standing on pads' mechanic, with a considerably smaller timer (30 mins or so?).
From experience from other games, it's sometimes enough to have the players know something is going on in the world to get them involved, and I think this new village mechanic will help with that especially with the lowered timers and if there were global messages when someone is stepping on the control pads or issuing a challenge to siege. Also, we don't yet if the loot is going to be changed or more worth/fun to do a full lap capping villages when there is a 30 min timer instead of waiting 12 hours.
This will not be a saviour patch, far from it, and I agree a lot of these things they are working on should have been thought about in alpha/beta, including a territory control system and a faction system to replace race wars. Still, better than nothing I guess.
Uhh it most certainly is a waste of time, because the same effect could have been garnered by reducing current timers, and increasing current loot. Not creating a 3 point king of the hill battle system that sounds like it belongs in a WoW battleground.
I love Sero's rant. "Game's already on its deathbed"