Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Perks for Blues/Penalties for Reds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, May 21, 2017.

1. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Let's brainstorm some ideas to make alignment more valuable. My idea is to have tasks that are only available to blues, these could be fairly profitable, which would compensate a lot for the disadvantages you face in pvp situations. What are your ideas?

2. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

Reg Cost -1 gold for being blue

Prodigy_Burn likes this.
  3. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Because blues wouldn't then just buy the regs for their red friends.

4. Sethisto

Sethisto Goblin Shaman

Chivalry systems in other games are awesome. Earning rewards for hunting red players usually leads to a really neat dynamic of roving blues guarding newb / high value spawns from reds. Slap some diminishing returns on killing the same red more than once to avoid exploitation.

Blues already have plenty of perks being able to dive behind towers. There aren't many places on the main continent where you can't find a NPC city within 5-10 minutes. Reds just need reason to be farmed themselves.

That being said, pvping blue is kind of a pain. During that massive siege last night, it was pretty annoying having to scan around trying to find people that weren't blue. That's kind of a new dynamic with this alignment system vs. race wars.

Battle Smurf and CreZee like this.
  5. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I think it's in a pretty good place already. So does 96% of the population apparently.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. ElrinaS

ElrinaS Goblin Scout

This is not first game with this problem .
    Ultima Online solved it with adding stats los for reds,access to only one city ;
    adding trammel ; adding factions wars ,adding jail in game .

Angel Island UO emulator had great way to deal with reds.When you kill 5 ppl in short time you had 2 options.
    Stat los or go to jail .
    Name was Angel Island .It was island like real prison .With guards and other prisoners.
    Only thing you could keep where noob weapons .Of course on island where mobs you could kill for gold ,gear and prepare escape out of prison with help of other prisoners of clan mates.Or you could farm gold to bribe guards for less time in jail.There was a timer when you lose crime points and you could be free .

Adam Ant old gamer from UO made this to work and was really successful player run UO shard.I really would love to see this here .

KingLlama and Chris like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Reds need to have skill and stat debuffs at a minimum to make it punishing, not straight away but you should not be able to just kill kill kill without any consequences.

Maybe the best way is skill/stat loss when a red is ganked depending on how negative they are

8. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Most games with this system have extremely fast skill/stat gains in game.

Its like this in mortal online, you lose stats depending on your murdercount etc and in that game you usually just punch your buddy who is blocking for a few minutes and boom done and dusted. I dont think it could work it could work in RoA.

Maybe meditation point loss, or look at other ways to make staying blue far more enticing, vendors imo are gonna help this, but there needs to be something more. Maybe look at the task system, so blues have access to certain daily, weekly, monthly tasks which are very profitable??

9. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

It can work, it's just not what people are familiar with, but long term something a long those lines is needed, I don't think med points is meaningful enough because you can get that in the thousands in minutes. It really does need to be punishing, on the stream last night they said about 40% of the population are Red, that really in unacceptable it needs to be 5-10% max(I'm thinking long term).

10. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Blues already have plenty of benefits guys, what the fuck is this shit?

Angarato likes this.
  11. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

Which ones?

12. Angarato

Angarato Goblin Warrior

And the crying begins.
    reds cannot use safe towns.
    reds cannot use racial alliance or trade chat
    reds can be killed without consequences.
    those are the penalties.

maybe add quests for blues to reward them for killing x number of reds but don't add any dumb gameplay restricting shit in because you're a whiny carebear that doesnt pay attention to his surroundings.

Oresmacker, thorinhood and Grimtide like this.
  13. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

Tbh, dont know if you are being ironic or not, but those doesnt look as penalties to me, more like some small inconveniences you sure can ignore while crushing fresh blues.

Dont get me wrong, I am not against full loot and free pvp, I am against camping goblins and killing noobs.

There is sure a design issue when vets decide is more profitable to camp noobs intead fighting against other vets or high end mobs.

#13 coltaine, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Tuloth, Dixie Normus and Battle Smurf like this.
  14. Angarato

Angarato Goblin Warrior

get good

15. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

get empty server and closed game and then where will you spend your free 20h per day :/

Dixie Normus and CreZee like this.
  16. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Darkfall:New Dawn ideas about alignment are interesting - maybe some of theirs could make a difference here?

Dixie Normus and Battle Smurf like this.
  17. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

explain?
    --- Post updated ---
    Those aren't just small inconveniences and he failed to list the most important one in the game right now which is a 2nd recall (capitall recall). I agree with you about noobs getting killed by vets at noob spawns but I think it's partially up to the community to hunt these turds down and kick them out of noob lands also. @Lord Zanuul

18. coltaine

coltaine Goblin Warrior

What's the point of safe towns and chats when you are in a guild which has hamelt/assets and with other reds?

19. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

This is a summary of how alignment will work in Darkfall: New Dawn. It works (I think) because the PvP comes in the main from the race wars, not from the guy standing next to you. There's also upsides and downsides to being red - downsides are harsh but upsides *can* be significant.

[​IMG]
    (Important to note that meditation points will have a clan use to (needed for clan goals linked to regional control and other clan activities))

20. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

We should be focusing on more benefits to blues instead of penalties to reds.

Oresmacker, Ylahoto, Fengor and 3 others like this.