Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Perks for Blues/Penalties for Reds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, May 21, 2017.

1. Maejohl

Maejohl Windlord
    Legend

Exactly right - reds have the benefit of not caring who they attack. And you need more blues than reds - but that benefit needs to be *just* enough to make more people want to stay blue. Because - generally - it tends to be the more PvP skilled players who head red.

Battle Smurf, Fengor and Nat like this.
  2. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

lets go darkfall asia route with the books of revenge or whatever they had where you could pay real life money to teleport to the last player that killed you lmao, was pretty hetik you would like be trying to get back to the bank with loot and people would be load in continuously

Battle Smurf and Nat like this.
  3. zato1

zato1 Goblin Warrior

Lol. adding trammel to "fix reds" is like getting a lobotomy because you had a headache. look how that turned out for UO.

Ylahoto, Circa, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  4. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Am red. I don't go around crushing fresh blues. Neither does anyone else in my group as far as I know. Some even revive obvious noobs in the further out wilds. Just because some do it doesn't mean the solution is penalizing reds more.

5. ElrinaS

ElrinaS Goblin Scout

For most of us that was the end but for company it solved problems and game is still alive .

However I was red on Siege Perilous because there was not other way to defend anything .I think most of us had blue char for all other stuff .
    Blue grievers where worst case to deal with .I think blue pk's are going to be big problem in future if life of reds become to harsh of bonus for blue to high.

On Siege Perilous Clan tag was more important than color and one blue alt :)

What Sasha say not all reds are evil and on server with one account we will get to know each other .

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. SadMaz

SadMaz Goblin Warrior

hehe,i made great friends on SIege that are reds ....

On subject now they dont need to nerf reds just make some end game mechanisms for saints/evils (bounty hunting or some paladin system like UO forever without the silly npc guards) give cosmetics and titles on both sides just add sommit more on the saint part to lure some of the top pvpers to farm their alligment up,and make it really hard to keep your -1000 title like having to kill famous/named Saints and not some poor noob in goblin spawn

ElrinaS likes this.
  7. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

bountys on reds head. everytime a red kill a blue he only get half the gold he had but all the loot of course, and the other half go as a reward on his head, more the red kill people and more his head worth a lot. and important thing, only 500+ reput players can have the reward to avoid reds asking friends to kill them for the reward.

8. Drago

Drago Deadeye

Need a meaningful alignment system first. Atm being blue or red has no meaning.

9. brahji

brahji Black Knight
    Legend

wait are you saying 96% of the pop is blue still?

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  10. Angarato

Angarato Goblin Warrior

go play on new dawn then
    --- Post updated ---
    clearly you underestimate the power of being safe and trading. + you get an extra teleport which is super convenient. you say oh but reds have player cities. i've been killed multiple times inside our player cities. theyre not safe especially not while crafting.

11. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

And clearly you underestimate the power of alts.

ElrinaS likes this.
  12. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

An Evil/Hero system like UO -Siege Perilous would be the way to go.
    You would have rewards for Heroes to earn that only Heroes can use. The more Evil players they kill the more rewards heroes would get. Vice versa with Evil players. Who would earn rewards for killing Hero players. This system worked great in UO. and it was a great incentive for blues staying blue and running out hunting down evils.

No penalties need to be put on reds.
    Incentives for being blue. and the Evil/Hero system added would greatly improve the game.

Ledwulf and Circa like this.
  13. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Its a PVP game. Theres PLENTY of other games you can go to where you can hold hands and hug every 2 min.

Why the hell should you penalize people for PVPing in a PVP focused game? If anything blues should have penalized stats for failing at the game.

Eagleglow likes this.
  14. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Switch this up to the correct question:

What BENEFITS can blue players acquire that reds cannot?

I'm not opposed to going blue, there just isn't incentive enough to outweigh killing everyone everywhere. The capital recall was a nice step in the correct direction, but what other positive aspects can we permit blue players to obtain?

And go....

Ylahoto, Teclis, Grimtide and 3 others like this.
  15. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Why should being blue give benefits at all? So far the only argument is "other people are better than me at pvp, nerf plz"

16. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

If you have max positive alignment you should be able to detect signs of reds in the area. (Think UO's tracking skill) Also could have it only apply to Lawful tiles so it wouldn't work on the islands and center map, dungeons..etc.

Perhaps there could be different tiers of blue alignment, +200, +600, +1000, +2000 with slight rewards/passives like the above along the way.

#36 Kalos, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  17. dempig

dempig Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Give map hacks to people for staying blue? How about you spend some time dueling and get better instead of looking for cheap ways to get an advantage

18. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

That's not what I meant. I was thinking more along the lines of Tracking in UO.

19. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

50% bonus meditation from dungeon quest rewards?
    --- Post updated ---
    Thing is, it shouldn't be something BROKEN as a bonus for blues. It should be little convenience things that help new players out.

Ylahoto, Fengor and Kalos like this.
  20. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Good to hear that the reds think life as a blue is dandy.

Battle Smurf likes this.