Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Platinum/Holdings/Math

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

There are 94 holdings (43 cites, 51 hamlets) of the 94 holdings there are 31 which have mines.
    19 cites have mines and 12 hamlets

lawful village 75 (Live 38 times) = 2850
    lawless sea village 125 (Live 38 times) = 4750
    lawless village 175 (live 38 times) = 6650
    Chaldean villages 350 (live 10 times) = 3500
    Villages give 17750 (In a week produce) = 124250

Mobs that drop platinum (All of these mobs are supposed to be 15min timer and drop between 20-30 per)
    Minotaur King
    Sun Exarch
    Snowclan Oracle * 2
    Wildtribe Shaka

So lets say on average if these are killed on the regular you can kill them each 3 times an hour. This ends up meaning 15 platinum mobs are killed an hour. In an hour roughly 15*(20-30) = 300-450 an hour. In a day
    24*(300-450) = 7200-10800
    This means in a week time the mobs can drop around 50400-75600

Now on to the holdings that more than likely wont get dropped, 20 cities and 12 hamlets with mines or wonders
    Cities take 2000 platinum and cities take 750 platinum.
    city (20*2000) = 40000
    hamlet (12*750) = 9000
    It cost 49000 platinum a week to maintain all the good holdings.

If a clan wanted to hold all the holdings they would need
    43*2000 = 86000
    51*750 = 38250
    Total = 124250

Things that happen throughout the week so number fluctuates So I didn't add them to my calculation just numbers.
    Sea Tower 1000
    3-5 Platinum will now drop per Trade Reward Bundle which are earned by completing the trade route
    Dynamic Platinum Nodes = 10 per node
    Ice Dragon drop 500 platinum
    Demon Lord drop 350
    fire dragons will drop 250
    Two daily dungeons that give 25 and 50 a day

Clip-notes
    To pay for all 94 holds you need to get 124250
    It cost 49000 platinum a week to maintain all the good holdings.
    Villages Produce 124250 a week
    Mob (Minotaur King/Sun Exarch/Snowclan Oracle 2/Wildtribe Shaka) Can produce 50400-75600 a week

Keep in mind the game can produce more platinum due to the other Boss mobs and nodes/trade route/ dungeons that occur throughout the week.

I personally think at the moment the game can produce way to much platinum where the only use is for holding maintenance, I know that in the future platiumn will be used for other things, but I think when that happens is when you up the rate that platiumn comes in, but as it stand way to much can be produced into the world which will lead to an overflow of platinum which devalues it and hence devalues the mob and village which leads to less fights.

My opinion these mobs need to go back to their drop rate of 10-20.
    Minotaur King
    Sun Exarch
    Snowclan Oracle
    Wildtribe Shaka
    --- Post updated ---
    If some math is wrong please correct me, or If some math doesn't make sense let me know thanks!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Blaze, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. Mitchcuse

Mitchcuse Goblin Warlord
    Loyal

I failed math in high school and summer school. To hard for the Dig Dug I just like to click and swing then scream ZERGGGGG

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Goblin Scout

In my opinion they should add platinum to goblins. Every 5 drops 1 platinum. Let them noobs have stuff to sell after completing their starting quests.

4. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Now calculate the maintenance cost vs mine output.

5. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

I agree, platinum is too abundant right now. They hear a few people cry, they pivot too far without adjusting the initial vcps and we are going to be back to a dead game very soon, because people will have stockpiles. It’s a few days in and we got tons of plat and that’s with getting zerged by salt and blobwater all the time.

Easy fix is up the price for mine cities and mine hamlets and wonders.

Blaze likes this.
  6. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

i think everything should be reduce by 30%
    villages mobs .. everything

Blaze likes this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I agree, Rising the cost of these holdings should be a thing, not sure if doing so would cause issues with code ect, I think if they just decreased plat from some source it would be good, atm it just to much

8. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

That all might make sense if there were more than 100 active players, and holdings were actually worth the current costs, or farming the mobs that drop platinum had significant value in its own right.

9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I have said this for years in more elaborate and indepth suggestion posts, but BPG didn't read them, so I'm going to keep it as simple as possible...

Scarcity drives conflict which= good

ALWAYS error on the side of things being too hard to get rather than too easy

Blaze likes this.
  10. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

You may be right, but in some respects, scarcity is a zero-sum game.

With this kind of population, making holdings more expensive to keep than they're worth will result in holdings not being scarce, i.e. less sieges, i.e. basically the entire point of the game flushed down the toilet.

If BPG is basically going to allow 1/2 of the holdings to be flattened and never used again, they might as well bite the bullet and close the subcontinents, and move everything to the mainland.

11. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

The last year sieges have only really been for fights at least the siege on the holdings without value were purely for the fights because there were no real other way to get fights. The only time siege were purely to get a holding were for the hamlets/ cities that had mines or wonders. So really this shouldn't change much for the larger clans, in total there will be less sieges, but a lot more fighting throughout the day which is think is better, also sieges will mean more since you will be going after a holding the other side has decided to actually hold. All the holdings that go poof who cares, i doubt many are even used by the big clans other than maybe a teleport location

12. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Warrior

People have suggested that they do this for a long time untill/if real population happens

13. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Platinum is suppose to be use for other stuff coming in with the TC patch. No idea when that will be so. Reducing platinum drop right now will probably be for the best. Less stock pile the better.

Battle Smurf, The Red King and Blaze like this.