Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Player State Vs Player State in different land types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryco Stormeye, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Dire Zombie

Hi All,

I tested the various combinations of player states vs players states in the three differeent land types.

I found 3 issues that I could see.

1). Hostile players can't hit Peacefull players in Capital lands but Peacefull players can hit Hostile players without any risk of retaliation.

2). If your a Peacefull player in Lawfull lands the only people that can attack you are Hostile players. You are safe from all Neutral and Peacefull players

3). If your a Peacefull player and see a Neutral player in Lawfull lands you can't attack them even though they are flagged for PvP.

I have sent this to the Devs on discord via the Overseer.

2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

1) This is not an issue it's a design choice. This very small area of the map is supposed to be safe for players who want to be peaceful.

2) Yes if you want to engage in non-consensual PvP then yes you need to take an alignment hit for it. Also not an issue.

3) Neutral players are flagged for consensual PvP against our consensually flagged players. If you want to engage in consensual PvP then you should use the neutral flag and not the peaceful flag.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Ryco Stormeye

Neilk

1). I get that Peacefull players are safe in Capital Lands but why can they attack and kill Hostile players without any consequences. Cant it be that they cant hit Hostile in Capital Lands? Or is it that this design choice is to make Hostiles stay away from Capital Lands?

2). There is no alignment hit for turning hostile. You can pray and go back to Neutral for no cost?

3). Ok I get this. You could see a neutral, change your flag and attack them.

4. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

1) Yes this is the reason

2) If you want to attack a peaceful player you flag hostile, kill them and take an alignment hit as should happen when somebody doesn't want to fight.

5. Ryco Stormeye

Got it thanks
    --- Post updated ---
    Ok the guidelines then.

Capital Lands are a pure safe zone. Peacefull & Neutral players can't hit each other. While as a Red/Hostile you could attack the Neutral players in it they wont drop anything anyway and you risk being attacked by and killed by Peacefull players that you can't hit back.

Lawfull Lands are for PvP light. You can be Neutral and attack and kill Neutral or Hostile players and get partial or all loot respectivtly.
    You can even attack peacefull players if you flag as Hostile but then when you kill a Peacefull Player you will still only get partial loot AND get a alignment hit and be forced to stay Red/Hostile until your allignment is back up to Zero so you can pray yourself back to Neutral.

Lawless Lands are full loot PvP. Everyone is fair game and can drop everything. No alignment hits for killing anyone as Neutrals and Peacefull players are flagged grey on entering these lands.

Andrew likes this.
  6. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

i still dislike the entire idea of safe zones and partial loot, if i kill you with it you should lose it whether i get all of it or not