Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Fixed Players not losing gear during active siege

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jean-Claude, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Infernal
    Legend

Rhenegar siege. Blackwater would constantly respawn with the same gear... die... and repeat.

Player stances and zone colors should NOT matter at all during a siege. If a player is in a siege area and the siege is active, they should ALWAYS be lootable.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Ikaika Koa and Blaze like this.
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

siege zone should def be all red. That make no sense at all if its yellow.

3. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Yellow sieges will follow yellow zone rules.

This was a red siege so loot should drop in the area. Anyone who didn't drop their gear we would love to hear from you. Even better if you have video footage from the time.

4. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Here is what i saw happen to me and what i saw

The good:
    I was killed within the hamlet and lost everything. I was flagged blue but i accept that i should of lost all my gear as it was a siege and i was within the hamlets territory.

The bad:
    Multiple people died at the siege who was on the defensive side of the fight and their graves would either not able to be looted or they would keep everything and re-spawn in the hamlet and continue fighting.

All fighting took place either in the hamlet or just outside the hamlet (more so inside the hamlet).

I personally was blue but others had been red prior to going to the siege and had the same issues.

5. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I was on the attacking force. The guy with a shield in front of me is Harder Daddy, defender who just respawned fully geared.

Neilk likes this.
  6. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

I dropped all my gear like a good boy

Blaze and BeatIt like this.
  7. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Its more than likely a bug u got to post a video to show them so they see how stupid the bug is so they know xD, when they see all those people re-spawning lol

8. Ikaika Koa

Ikaika Koa Goblin Warlord
    Wealthy Contributor Legend

I was flagged neutral, died inside the hamlet siege zone, and lost my gear. I saw many respawn still geared, while others were dropping their gear. Seemed totally random whether you lose or keep your gear.

I've also seen people get killed on rubi, and are unable to be looted by people flagged hostile. Doesn't seem like that's supposed to be a thing.

Blaze likes this.
  9. Ryco Stormeye

Ryco Stormeye Dire Zombie

I think this bug is related to the fact you can/could ? set your hamlet or city area status to lawfull or lawless.

I have run from a lawless area into a lawfull player hamlet and back out into the lawless zone. This setting function should be disablled and set to lawless during a seige but there seems to be a bug where its not alweays applying.

Blaze likes this.
  10. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Wanted to share an experience a friend of mine told me about today while logging in trying to fight people for their gear. they knew that to get gear 100% they would need to go on island, and hence they went to yassam and hit Mehatil, they then found players in the holding and had a fight and killed the people in the holding, but sadly did not get ANY loot, #sadandfrustrated #notworkingasintented
    --- Post updated ---
    Also here is a clip where a person who died respawns with their gear back, remember this is a red area, so they should lose everything, fallen angel can be seen on the ground ganked out and then about 20-30 seconds later u see him respawned back with the gear, not saying anything about the players its bugged, wanted to the devs to see what everyone is experience, and like others have said it seem to just happen randomly

Bug Eater and Myater like this.
  11. Bug Eater

Bug Eater Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Not only is there a loot bug, but apparently there is a bug on the forums as well

AbbaSalama likes this.
  12. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

Thanks for the videos, but we don't need videos from the killers perspective and don't help us finding the issue. We need videos from the players that are dying and keeping their gear.
    --- Post updated ---
    Most of these issues should be resolved with today's hotfix. Please let us know if it happens again in red areas.

13. Geezy

Geezy Earth Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Also from Bug, in a reply that got deleted
    And you really wonder why your trolling, useless post got deleted?

Let me spell it out for anyone who doesn't understand. The game mechanics were changed. Bugs have popped up, due to those changes. BPG is trying to fix said bugs. I understand that its frustrating, but making a post implying that BPG doesn't know that there are issues, or that worse, they believe things are working as intended, is just silly.

14. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Warrior

Why you guys didn't just let blues keep stuff in lawful areas is beyond me.
    This whole system seems overly complicated and everyone saw these bugs and exploits coming.

So much time that could've been spent on other things...

15. Neilk

Staff Member Team Lead

That is exactly how it works.

16. Bakken

Bakken Goblin Warrior

What about stances? What about yellow zones?
    The middle PvP option wasn't necessary, people just needed a place to practice binds and learn how to move.
    Blue area around capitals or even just sanguine is all that's needed. Good pvprs aren't going to be picking fights in the current yellow zones there's nothing of great value