Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Playing destroyer and lack of response from DEVS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty Mouse, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

The spreadsheet im referencing could be wrong.... now that I think of it.

I think the problem with selentine is it's used for A LOT of things, where as something like neithal is laughed at amongst it's rare ore brothers, more options for full plate tiered loot should be considered, I think the selentine market is fine where it's at tbh.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Over a month ago when it was nerfed it was changed from dropping 0-4 ore to always dropping 1 ore 100% of the time with a chance to skin for one more. The total loot rate over time is almost the same because of this.

Sero likes this.
  3. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

There are more selentine golems then there ever were. Now I will say this, mines are poop. They were barely good enough to sustain 2-3 players before the nerf now, not even one. How cool would it be if cities had their nodes outside in actually accurate scenery. Talpec for example
    [​IMG]

4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

my intial thought when I heard cities in Darkfall had mines was that their was a literal mine that you could go into and hit nodes inside it, a boy can dream.

Oresmacker and sasser.exe like this.
  5. sasser.exe

sasser.exe Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I like this idea, I always thought it was funny that a "mine" was one big rock lol.

Sero likes this.
  6. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Do you really think that or are you trolling?

Fengor and Sero like this.
  7. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

He's generalizing obviously but go back and read any thread focusing on criticism and you'll notice a trend

8. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

This is definitely not true. Try it for a while. Just getting all your buffs applied takes so damn long with the slow casting speed. Then your bow/melee dmg is barely worth it when you could just be a destro getting sick dmg on staff users. Plus destros get mana sheld now so that's a 10% total reduction on top of the best gear available. Which used to be an exclusive benefit of the heavy geared mage. Plus the mage advantages that they once had have been nerfed into the fucking ground. Slashing and piercing debuff while wearing a heavy chest? Don't even bother casting it. I would guess you'd land less than 1.0.
    --- Post updated ---
    Criticism of what though? Design choices?

9. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

@RootedOak
    Yes.

To me it seems the design choices are weighted heavily towards entertaining veterans as opposed to retaining new players.

I disagree with this design but I'm not an experienced game dev so whatever. I'm pretty much done trying to provide feedback. Now I'm in the mode where I just pray the server survives.

10. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Like what things specifically?

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

dont do it dude, it really is a waste of time. It'd be different if he was a troll and made it fun, but he's really just a ree ree.

12. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Housing

Low end mob gold drop nerf

Rare ore mine rate nerf

Starter task reward nerf

Lack of significant protection and guidance for new players - this is a big one because normally in a game everyone is on a level playing field at launch. In this game the veterans have thousands of hours of experience and many of them use this advantage to prey on the noobs. So to repeat this - normally this game would be more tolerable for noobs, but since this is a re-release noobs should have been given a lot more protection.

13. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Most mages in bone and r40s don't beat me. If they do it's because I get outplayed. Not because I'm not in full plate r60s. I do agree that sele golems could use a slight buff on the drop rate and some disagree, I work a lot and main destro. But it's not like iron nodes run around and fight back.

Kalos and Fengor like this.
  14. hirve

hirve Goblin Warlord

its like people in a game that lost 95%+ of its players in a month saying nothing needs changing

Inkarnation and Slayven like this.
  15. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

Lol. I didn't even notice sero make that analogy. What a delusional kid

16. breakqop

breakqop Crypt Guard

love this change

17. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

You may not see this as it is now, but the mine rate nerf was ultimately going to curb the veterans. Every cycle of power in Darkfall has revolved around controlling multiple mines. When it should really be about controlling spawns. That being said, the mob spawns that reward rare ore are not designed properly to help this situation.

All mobs had a gold drop rate nerf across the board. This is a good thing. If you only knew how much money vets would have earned before. It would have broken the whole server's economy.

The starter task thing I don't know for sure because I didn't do more than a few of them and don't know what I missed, but I do know that I got rich as fuck on a brand new character because I didn't have to pay meditation for a whole month.

The new player guidance thing is difficult because it stems from AV, the original dev company, not providing any new player guidance either. So BPG has had to develop starting from scratch any new player guide content.

Kalos likes this.
  18. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I understand man. The motivation behind the changes (minus the housing patch which is 100% for no lifers) is fine but the implementation was not thought out properly.

Meditation was designed so casuals could progress a bit better. But now they are forced to spend the majority of their playtime feeding the meditation meter.

If a clan has a mine they could let their noobs hit the mine and the noobs could get geared that way. Now do you really think a clan is going to lock down a golem with 5 people while the noobs get the loot? I bet you can imagine what happens when noobs try to farm the golems with no protection.

As for gold nerf. I'm specifically talking about low end mobs. Now if a noob is trying to level magic they are barely breaking even. Add in other costs like getting ganked and feeding meditation and it could very well be a loss for them.

I suggested that for guidance just put a huge pop up on noobs screens "JOIN A CLAN" would be a huge positive step. Furthermore I think noob protection could definitely be extended. 24 hours is an eternity to a veteran but to a noob it's really not enough time to learn anything of significance.

19. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

you dont NEED fp

but sele should be more attainable

Killa162, Sique, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  20. Skitzo1

Skitzo1 Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Plate is fine for small scale.. A decent bow makes wayyyy more of a difference than a set of fp..

Killa162, Kalos, Fengor and 1 other person like this.