Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Playing destroyer and lack of response from DEVS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mighty Mouse, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

If you are killing wildtribes, you are not in a newbie zone, don't expect newbie treatment.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor likes this.
  2. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I think we differ conceptually on what is a noob

You are basically saying that when someone stops killing goblins and trolls and moves to a slightly higher but still shit tier spawn like wildtribes that they are no longer a noob

I view it as how much darkfall experience do they have

Kurise LXV likes this.
  3. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Ok.

Lets start with this:

I do agree the game needs to cater to newer players. I never once said it didn't you just assumed I did, because any argument you bring to the table is pure nonsense, and just as if you would ask a stupid question, you would receive a stupid answer. Produce a stupid argument, expect to be treated like an idiot.

You want new players to come into the game and get a maxed character player casually (which apparently is like 2 hours a day) in a week. This is pure non-sense.

First off, you don't need a max character to start honing your Darkfall skills, you never did, if anything not having a maxed character helps you develop skill faster as you are handicapping yourself and learning to play with struggles, so when the time comes you have a maxed character you don't struggle anymore. All you need is your transfers, witches brew, movement skills, and a bow. All of which is easily achievable within a week (the thing is you, and noobs just don't know how to) - So your solution is to just give it to them. - WRONG. You don't need to just hand shit to people, all that does is create issues down the line, when they realize that none of those awesome maxed out vet skills are going to do shit for them if they don't even know THE BASICS OF THE GAME. The progression line in this game teaches players how to manage their stats better while farming, to ensure they are safe from ganks, it teaches players how to escape bad situations when they get ganked in PVE, it teachs players how to aim at mobs and avoid attacks from AIMBOTTING MOBS THAT ARE GUARANTEED TO HIT YOU. ALL OF THIS TRANSITIONS TO THE PVP ASPECT OF THE GAME. SOMETHING YOU CLEARLY FAIL TO REALIZE BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN AND CAN'T COMPREHEND ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN SELFISH DESIRES.

You want new players to waltz in and step right into endgame. That is not how MMORPG's are suppose to work homie, that game design is suited better towards MOBAs, and Arena (a Darkfall arena is something I am totally for btw.) If there is no progression in this game, all these noobs who quit because "MY CHARACTER SUCKS, STUPID GAME" will quit anyways when they realize they have nothing left to do but bank gaze and duel or roam for 4 hours to get into an unfair random ass fight thats most likely going to end badly for them, in which case were back to your square one: vets run around ganking noobs.

Which vets run around ganking noobs? PLEASE TELL ME, Because I fail to see anything of the nature, infact I see vets taking in new players into their clans (blackwater, washed up, even fucking DUNE RATS (TSL), the most elitist clan in Darkfall history is taking in new players. ALMOST EVERY CLAN IN THE DAMN GAME is taking in new players.

Also: Do you not know how the Darkfall Vet ego works? How dare I ask a question you obviously don't know the answer to. WE DON'T CARE ABOUT KILLING NOOBS. In no way does a true Darkfall Veteran get an ego boost from killing a noob. The standard Darkfall Ego is who can I beat in a FAIR FIGHT. Who am I better than skillwise if all factors apart from the player are the same. Thats why throughout Darkfalls history there have been 1V1 tournaments, thats why I advocate for an Elo based arena within the game. Where the hell do you see vets killing noobs and getting an ego boost from it? Because the only ONE I've seen has been that shitter that runs around starter cities making videos. No one in the Darkfall community reveres that person bro. No one, he's making it harder on players that are already going to have a hell of a time, and straying off potential players.

As for this thread:

Selentine Ore is in an ok spot right now, it's only issue is accessibility which I agree should be more open. They should do away with the random half selentine golem spawns and add more selentine golem spawns, perhaps in high danger mainland areas, or centralize all the rare golems to each island, the point is, make more spawns. OR They could add in another armour set that takes a rare ore other than selentine and is on equal terms, but your kneejerk reaction of INCREASE IT, GIVE IT AWAY, is so against the success of the game it's ludicrous. If for instance we take the previous argument of the game caters to no lifers. If the economy was increased globally and everything was easier to obtain for those casuals, guess what: The no lifers will completely OBLITERATE THE ECONOMY. Everyone, will have everything. There will be no value to gear, holdings, the full loot aspect of the game will cease, gear might as well not even be a thing at that point. Economics 101, like christ go to school. Any game with progression WILL ALWAYS cater to no lifers, it's just how it works, Darkfall just happens to be more hardcore than the rest (DON'T KID YOURSELF, THATS WHY YOU LOVE IT, IF YOU COULD NO LIFE YOU WOULD SO QUIET.)

The Destroyer Vs Mage Vs Heavy Hybrid argument is so overdone on any Darkfall forums that it's a str8 up fucking cliche. Let's get something straight here folks, there is no limitations on what you can do with your character within the games parameters. You wanna melee push heavy hybrid? You can do it. You wanna melee push Destro? You can do it. You wanna be an archer that RPs with a fucking assassins hood. GUESS WHAT, YOU CAN DO IT. But when people put there time and effort into acquiring in game holdings/items, a certain balance within the combat system HAS to be maintained. In it's current iteration:

Mage - Easiest playstyle to master - most effective for new players
    Destro - Hardest Playstyle to master - most effective for intermediate players
    Heavy Hybrid - fuck if I know, because this is a mostly untapped area, all I know is you better have sick bow aim and transition skills.

Your solution to the Hardest playstyle to master, is to buff it's resistance and damage output by means of allowing gear crutching. Are you insane? Nevermind the fact that a mage could easily roll heavy hybrid and counter the shit out of you once all this gear becomes accesible: this is how I know you people don't have a clue how this game works at a high skill level. A high skill level destro is ALREADY disgusting balance wise. 1v1 IT IS SUPER hard to utilize, BUT IT CAN BE DONE, MANY PLAYERS HAVE DONE IT, ITWAS LUCK IS THE MOST PROMINENT, THATS WHY WE LINK HIS VIDEOS. It is solid proof to backup our claims, where as you guys come in here, you don't make videos, you don't try and improve or get advice, you just straight up say no this is wrong because I can do it, because YOUR ego can't handle that you just aren't as good as someone else. Wtf is that shit?

The change from plate to full plate - is like 3 extra protections. I'm not sure why you think you need to gear crutch in the first place, because that is just something that you should not be trying to do unless you got bags of dragons to spare, but that extra 3 protections is only going to help you in the most equal closest fights. The destroyer playstyle shines in group fights, where you have buff others, so your gear rarely matters here, your complaints about gear lead me to believe you're losing 1v1s to mages, which is a lot harder for destroyers. Utilize your parry, utilize your terrain, master transitions, master your stat management, there's a reason we say destro is the hardest playstyle because all of those things are the endgame goals for player skill progression. A playstyle that has the potential to 5 shot a mage does not need fucking buffs, I'm sorry. All you noobs who complain "everyone plays mage because it's OP" will complain "everyone plays destroyer cause its OP"

So this entire pointless anti-argument that you won't comprehend because you're delusional, can be summed up with one simple phrase:

Just get good.
    Learn the game before you start trying to change shit, and come up with some arguments that actually point at the real flaws/unbalances of the game, and not just the ones you are crying over.

#143 Sero, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

It's called lunch now welcome to sheep status
    Enjoy ur stay
    They are only there for the loot

#144 Slayven, Jun 19, 2017
    Skitzo1 likes this.
  5. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

You really think I'm making these suggestions because I'm selfish? I'm FAR from representative of the average player. Sure I work full time and have a girlfriend. But I have no kids, I eat takeout 90% of the time, and I have a maid who cleans my condo and does my laundry twice a week.

I have way more time to play video games than the average dude.

None of this shit affects me.

But the dozen noobs in my clan who have quit? You bet it affected them.

This is the simplest concept in games. If everyone quits YOU HAVE NOBODY TO PLAY WITH

#145 mybsurchin, Jun 19, 2017
  6. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

Mmmm.... Lunch

Inkarnation and Slayven like this.
  7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

So what are those dozen noobs going to do when they have their super awesome maxed character? They still suck at the game? They still have 0 knowledge about basics of the game, because they were rushed through the progression and content that teaches them that, and they're still getting dumped on. Darkfall isn't for everyone, making it for everyone will destroy the game and it will cease to be Darkfall. Darkfall is Darkfall because of the steep progression, because of the full loot, because of it's hardcore nature, because of the value in time you put into farming that infernal gear bag. These noobs probably would have quit anyways, and it sounds like they had a poor teacher if they've keep being told you need a max character to enjoy the game.

Throughout DFO I Dueled throughout my character progression, against other noobies my skill level. I didnt walk into the nearest fire dragon spawn and start challenging vets, proceed to get facerolled and start complaining that the game needs to be changed, because I'm not a REE REE.

8. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

@Sero
    It's simple. If you coddle a noob for longer they become more invested in the game, more invested in their char

If they aren't shit on continuously they are happier playing

They build up more resources over time so when they eventually do start pvping their losses won't be as much of an economic burden

I can't believe I have to explain why not repeatedly gangraping a brand new player is good for a game

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

[​IMG]

As you can see 44.2% of a Full Plate set's protections reside in the Helm and Chest. However if you make a Plate Set with FP Helm and Chest the stat loss when wearing FP+Plate/Scale instead of all FP is this:
    [​IMG]
    Which is only very slightly better than a plain ol' Plate/Scale set (by +0.89) and as the data shows, -2 elemental and slashing protections.

What is even more confusing is the mob drop armors which I still can't remember the names of the ones that are equivalent and better than crafted items. For a new player they could be thinking they are gearing up by wearing these items when actually the lower rank versions (Crude, etc.) are several magnitudes worse than the piece they appear to be.

Navlaan, Fengor and Skitzo1 like this.
  10. Reirek

Reirek Goblin Warrior

I'm not going to read all this shit but at the end of the day you guys need to understand that most of the difference youre talking about has a HUGE factor of that Magic heavy playstyle is way easier and makes it much different the gear isn't the reason you're seeing the strength/weakness problem.

Example: Plate/Scale with R40-50 Sword/Bow can SMASH any bone/leather blackbolt wearing magic player the issue I find is that people aren't/don't playing well enough because it's inherently harder to play melee/archer I mean Destroyer is in itself a "nerf" so you can have situational advantage of hitting someone with a staff.

Medium/Heavy Hybrid is incredibly strong right now and it's not even being played.
    --- Post updated ---
    THIS IS PERFECT example of what I'm trying to say your armor doesnt make a shit of a difference in most fights from FP/Plate it's really only if you are in a melee engage a lot. not to mention Impale....like wow and debuffs etc.

Navlaan likes this.
  11. vehementi

vehementi Goblin Warlord

You make good points Sero but please don't try to pretend like there's some sort of clever and effective character progression tutorial like thing going on.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

If you can manage your stats against an aimbotting mob, and learn how to use terrain and parry incoming spells, you bet your ass that transitions to pvp.

13. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Spellgazer
    Legend

this is very well written sero ... that being said what YOU do not seem to understand is that WE are not normal gamers by any means .. which in translation means very few people can persevere through this game .. the reason being is darkfall is really not as much of a game as it is a challenge of character ... when most people want to play a game this will not be what they decide to play because its more of a hardship for them than it is fun .. the equation i liked to use was its 10% fun 90% work ... granted that 10% is a damn blast but this will not allow the game to grow as a matter of fact the very mathematics of this style game will eat itself to death in a very short time ... so what many of us have been able to foresee that YOU still have been unable to is that WE as a collective community must make a decision .. do we continue on this path that we know what the end destination will result in or do we try to make some necessary sacrifices so that the game may grow ... and please keep in mind i love darkfall .. i love the grind .. i love the huge world that it is .. they could leave everything the way it is and i would play it forever .. but i am just 1 person.

Sero and Zeiken like this.
  14. Bom Jones

Bom Jones Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Nahhh it is 5k for a decent mage bag more for a really good one. Yes that is much less than a destroyer but if you want to try to run around like a raid boss guess what? It's supposed to be expensive.

15. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

well hello mr fancy pants your so fucken good at pvp holy jesus. Get the fuck out of here lol your shit kid.
    --- Post updated ---
    stfu up please your very anoying. This is not the way it needs to be. Everything does not need to be hard or impossible to get why the fuck do I hear people like you every time I make a suggestion. Make shit easier every thing in this god damn game is a fucken grind to just pvp. Thats all I give a shit about PVP. Why everytime do I ask for something to be made less grindy and hard to obtain do you have to chime in and say make it harder. Its like you want a second job just to enjoy a little bit of pvp at the end of the day. I dont fucken want to have to work this god damn hard for everything just to enjoy what almost everyone is here for... THE PVP.

16. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Only thing holding me back from my preferred style of destro is no stormblast or explosion...

I'll stop posting here since I'm just repeating myself now lol.

17. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

thats weird cuz all the poopsocking vets are making pvp videos as mages with 75 every spell

18. Knar

Knar Competition Winner
    Lifetime

I still haven't seen a single reasonable explanation for why a destro bag should cost 2x as much as a mage bag...

19. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

because the veterans havent stockpiled enough mage bags yet before they signal BPG to nerf the drop rate of mage gear mats

20. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Because destros are broken? If you want to be OP you have to farm more.