Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Please change servers to US WEST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ult, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

East coast forever

2. Ult

Ult Goblin Scout
    Hero

Going from 280 ping to 210 ping put me from top 10% to top 5% easy. Imagine going from 210 ping to 100 ping.. Id easily shit on everyone.

Yes, 100 ping is at a disadvantage to 15 ping but its highly competitive still and the ping - skill conversion doesnt fall off too bad until about 130-150+

3. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

I highly doubt you were ever top 5% with 200 ping.

Can someone Confirm or deny this?

4. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Please end this thread. This is pointless. DF started in EU and these guys are trying to get the most people possible so that means they want US and EU players. If you can't play with 200+ ping, don't play or just play a support role and deal with it. Most people on these forums don't even remember how badly the entire game lagged the first 3-5 days but you just had to deal.
    I live in Cali an hour drive away from the Bay Area where the West Coast servers would most likely be but I'd rather have more players than to lose EU and play with 30 ping

Mea Kulpa and Lucan like this.
  5. Ult

Ult Goblin Scout
    Hero

Yeah servers were horrible in the first few days. Enough so that all the high level mobs were on farm while glitched out. Im merely replying to posts others are making. You are keeping this thread alive. Its the only reason I keep visiting these forums.. Well, that and to see if there is any good updates since theres a lack of good mmos right now :(

6. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

You're not "merely replying", you're keeping the thread alive by making it about yourself and trolling people about being a "top ranked" player in a game that has never had an actual pvp ranking system. That's like me trolling around reminding people I was always on the top 5 players list of highest PvE score every week for the first few months. The difference between my troll and yours is mine can be verified whereas yours can't. You must've been that top 5% once the population dropped to 2k (still a self claim). Me asking for the thread to be ended should have been retyped to "Please lock this thread" because that's what I meant to say.

#86 SomeBK, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  7. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

from my experience, it seems like west coasters have it worse than eu. i get casty hands, wepaons not switching while having 100 steady ping, hitboxes are not matching up or anything. anyone else feel this?

onslaught likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Yes, they did post that, but then not long ago they said they are waiting to see where their population comes from.

9. Ult

Ult Goblin Scout
    Hero

No I played on release when population was at its highest for about 1.5 years before the population totally died off. Not trolling... its a firm belief. Where is your proof otherwise?

10. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Then I know for sure you weren't top 20% let alone 10% cause I was and there's no way you can prove or disprove either one and calling it a firm belief doesn't make it hold any more weight. Never saw you on top PvE list which means you either used an alt to farm which means your stats would've been ridiculously low and if you were an Alfar Male then I know exactly who you were because I remember a trash talking naked that was bound to Ottenhall who would run around with a bag of sulfur trying to kill people at the bank and then rage tell everyone that would bind camp him. Please don't tell me that was you because you just gave me the realization that I just wasted my time even answering this troll post

11. looey

looey Goblin Warrior

im west but no. eastcoast server will keep the server alive 247 (eurotrash).

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  12. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

all I know is that the game is unplayable for me. no matter where I am in the world I de-sync and can't switch weapons. hopefully it gets fixed soon.

onslaught and Ult like this.
  13. Ult

Ult Goblin Scout
    Hero

PVE Farming has nothing to do with being good at PVP. Back then you could skill up on players and it was more efficient not to play the game to skill up [macro]. If you played to PVE and thought you were good because of that then 'clap clap'. You seem to get even more mad each time you reply. Didnt you want this thread closed? Why do you keep replying? As with most games, being 'top' on leaderboards really doesnt take skill. It takes a time investment and those with more time are more easily on top. Being in the top 5% is for pvp skill is totally different to being top pve farmer. GSO nub :D

Lets get back on topic to server location.. thanks.

14. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

Having read a couple posts this guy seems like a cunt and I'm glad he's got shit ping, fuck him. Who needs another retard with false inflated ego, guess when you dump all your scum on the same island you can't expect much from them, oh well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  15. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Please change it to the Netherlands so I can have 30 ping again

Thanks!

AbyssWalker likes this.
  16. AbyssWalker

AbyssWalker Air Elemental
    Supporter

whaaat,no EU server?

17. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Don't feed this troll man. There's no point, he was exactly like this in the game. Regardless of anything you say, he's always been the best and always will be regardless of ping

18. Ult

Ult Goblin Scout
    Hero

It's so funny that you play right in to it. I never said I was the best... just in the top 5-10%. As with the topic of this thread.. I would need a better ping to be at the very top and its the only thing that's stopping me. Putting this into context for you, imagine 5000 players. I'm in the top 500. Thats not a hard feat if you have well trained fast twitch muscle fibers and logical thinking.

You wanted this thread to die already so let it die, stop replying :D There are still people who want to have their say about ping issues.