Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

POLL: Do You Guys Think Vampiric Strike Would be a Good Balance for Destro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Virginicus Maximus, Feb 11, 2021.

?

Should the Devs Add Vampiric Strike (The Melee Spell from DFUW) as a special ability for Destroyer?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. YapYapYap

YapYapYap Deadeye

If only destro had vamp it would be OP.
    Now if everyone had it and also the game was just turned into UW i think we are on to something

2. Mahirim Godking

Mahirim Godking Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Benefactor Contributor

Heavy hybrid op thats me now

YapYapYap likes this.
  3. YapYapYap

YapYapYap Deadeye

ill beat you
    as archer main

4. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

NOOOOOO, remove wof and merge physical enchant.. thats all we need for pvp

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

Like I said you can't list 1 thing from each of the recent patches that was a nerf to Destro and a buff to Mage. As for the mount rollback you must be right because Destro's can't use 3 BT's or begone/grenade. The begone/grenade was so long ago btw.

edited: changed can to can't.

#25 Not_Primetime, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  6. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Solution is remove Destro.

7. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

I disagree, Just want to throw out there, myater our best mage legit went from a mage to play destro in group fights because of how overly strong they are in group fights @Myater

The Red King and Myater like this.
  8. Mahirim Godking

You guys are legitimately the best group players in the entirety of darkfall, if he was a robe mage playing like a destro the outcome would be the same

9. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Nah its the protections haha

10. Mahirim Godking

Stop before destro becomes a meme

11. caltith

caltith New Member

Why should a full plate destro beat a mage in infernal?
    destro can 5-6 backhit delete a mage.
    9? Front hits?
    How fast can you swing 6 times hasted?

12. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Very simple -
    If the mage plays perfect - at least at the start and gets an advantage = mage wins

If the mage misses knockups and Destro lands arrows = Destro wins

That's how it is for me. I don't care if he's wearing dragon, if I hit my shots, GG. If my aim is off and they land arrows on me GG. Granted I could stormblast and begone away but I don't play Pussy like that, maybe a small reset but I wont be pulling a Sarge and half health just Stormblast Bhorn away.

13. AdamDMC

AdamDMC Gravelord
    Supporter

This right here is the key problem of this community. People talking about combat changes, leave a year or two and come back? People still talking about combat changes. it doesn't matter what you change. the real and only goal this game needs to focus on is adding SAND to the BOX and more content and shit to do. Changing numbers and values over and over to cater to a group then changing them to cater to another group is not going to bring in new people paying or any retention what so ever. It is a viscous circle this game has suffered from since release. Instead of doing what has been going on for years of this catering to the small minority, just do what the game needs to bring people in, that's it. That should be the only thing people discuss or even talk about if you want this game to continue to be around. i see people joke on this forum alot and "pop" and "don't login cause there's nothing to do". That's it right there. Figure that part out, have a real endgame other than duel and fucking around and hey you got a 10/10 game here. this game when its good, has no comparison. But you have to get the average player over some rather big hills if not mountains to get them to a point of them being able to experience that. That is the real hard part there, getting them past all the UI flaws, toxic community, quirks of the game. Agon is a fantastic place to spend time, but we need to focus on filling the world and filling the world with more sand and stop focusing on the small stuff. the name of the company is BIG PICTURE GAMES after all.

Bakken likes this.
  14. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur Goblin Warlord

Since I heard you were getting trolled I do want to stress that I never once played peaceful protest or whatever other alts they were trolling you were me.

We have not fought each other in atleast a thousand years.

The Red King likes this.
  15. Bonii

Bonii Infernal
    Tester

and you'd never catch Sarge solo pvp'ing FYI

16. Dagoth Ur

Dagoth Ur Goblin Warlord

You aint gonna catch me solo pvping only because you aint gonna catch me pvping period.

17. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

First thing you do when you log-on if not pve is 1on1(duel). The thing you most commonly do in game in term of pvp has to be the most balance part of the game. Making the most popular activity in the game become the most balance would inevitably get more people playing for sure.

First off, i'm not a destro and i still wish destroyers had stormblast. How do you guy kill a mage that can stormblast on top of a portal chamber? That's infinite reset if the mage is not Honorable.

True, but then, we got knocked-down a notch with impulse nerf: an other tool that could be used to dps destro's even more or to keep them at bay also. But i'm not here to talk about the state of balance has i haven'T duelled enough to talk about it.
    So now, impulse is sitll good to remove spell-reflect as it is one of the fastest spell to cast beside rays. And the AOE is still good enough. I personally wish impulse's cooldown was increase as that way, it would be used only for escaping just like old shrapnel.

But anyway, i think ROA alpha combat/beta combat is still the best: i wish we would go back there.

In a different topic, i think group fighting is much more easier to balance than 1v1. balance focus should be 1v1. Then you take on group fights later. Why i think it's easier to balance group fights? You only have to adjust a few spells or mechanism if they feel too OP. For example, toxic rain in sieges, global cooldowns like wof+field aoe's, confusion distance to take effect, back damage...