Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Poll "parry and side step"

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Auron, Jun 18, 2019.

?

Do you want Increase stamina cost for parry and side step?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

For me it's time to increase stamina cost for parry and side step....
    --- Post updated ---
    You can test it on test server now...only for parry...

2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

What about parry + running costs a lot of stats, that would solve the issue if u get focused hard + knocked up / wofed or what ever. Atm I feel like just running at some1 while parrying is to strong for how little stats it costs.

Johhny Mad Dog and Auron like this.
  3. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

Very good idea!!!

4. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Imo a better idea would be to just make disable do the same amount of damage as a regular bow/melee attack or have parried attacks deal a portion of damage to stamina rather than health. That being said everyone can use parry and it's like the only thing that will keep you alive in a group fight, so I think its fine.

#4 Brando Pando, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  5. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Just running at some1 parrying is not something you should be able to do yet you see so many destros doing it, where is the skill in it?

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

In many games with active parrying their run speed is reduced.

Korag and Auron like this.
  7. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I dunno, it’s pretty easy to deal with you just need to disabling shot. If a destro is just running with a shield out then they aren’t doing damage and are open to debuffs / well placed r90’s. That being said, I would support a change that would make parry more skillful to use. I like the idea of having to actually time parry as spells/attacks come in rather than just holding it. Maybe make its damage reduction drop after 1.5 seconds or so.

Tbh Seems like the issue here is with destros not parry, since I only started hearing complaints once destros got buffed, and with parry being a big part of their play style. Imo there wouldn’t be as much of a problem if destro had its protections toned back down.

I dislike the idea of having reduced move speed while parrying. I think that type of change would kill the heavy playstyle, since they rely on parry to stop damage while they close the gap.

#7 Brando Pando, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Come on man most destros don't just straight line. The point is unless a destro has decent archery aim is generally better to just run at you parrying. Maybe if you added a disabling spell from a mage it would help fix this, because its very obvious when a mage is going to disable blow as he has to pull out a bow, so the destro can start moving differently as soon as he does.

9. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I don't find the parry meta to be too OP. There's several things that mages can do to disable destroyers. We can disable any of you after any knock-ups or wof.

Elemental protection on destroyers is simply way too much. We tested it with a large group. We can almost kill a dragon mage with field aoe focus. We can barely scratch a destroyer with field aoe focus. Wof, disable and rays are the most effective things to use against destroyers today.
    Mages can and should rely on infliction spells a lot.

Mages are also too strong. We don't talk about them in that light, but with 75 speed on cobra and no casting delay like before, we wreck havoc.

I just want combat to be reverted to say the least.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven likes this.
  10. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

yes or speed reduced or hight stamina cost....i realy don't like see players in parry for all the fight ....and if they have low ping they can parry 80% of you re dmg

11. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

WoF? Knockup disable? Debuffs? So much stuff a mage can do vs a parrying player, I think ur just lazy and want to only cast r90/ rays,

Yea I agree, parry meta isn’t anything new. infernal+ provides to much magic protection which makes destros super tanky in conjunction with parry. Destro really needs to be reverted to the way it was before all these terrible combat patches.

12. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think shit players just want to crutch on holding down a button and running at people because they cant land a bow shot.

Rather than having a balanced game.

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

This, if you plan to be a parry whore and just run at people parried it should be at a slower speed
    --- Post updated ---
    have you ever played a mage vs a smart decent destro running with parry all the time? Last I knew you played nothing but destro

14. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I play as the destro against tons of players that know how to deal with parry. Legit it’s the only thing that keeps a heavy from getting instantly pig roasted by mages that can deal 20% of your health in a second. People forget that almost every mage has a cobra staff these days and absolutely melt faces. Just nerf destro protections back, no one had any issues with parry for 10+ years.

15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes I am very aware how it works having played it from both sides and I can tell you all but a small% of mages can handle a heavy pushing shield destro of higher skill. When ya watch a destro vid you see 1 guy tear through people and they panic because they cannot do enough damage to a high end destro that knows how to use parry effectively. Parry is super strong and needs better balance and you cannot just go nerfing armor to make that balance because then the destro is overpowered to easy. I do not like most of the other ideas but a slight reduction in run speed while using parry seems more than a fair trade off.
    Making a destro move slower while parrying does not effect a destro ability to not get pig roasted in a second
    --- Post updated ---
    test the reduction in speed, put it on test I mean why not? Do not make it dramatic only do a tiny bit at a time. I assume it is a relatively simple adjustment as far as changing things in darkfall go so no harm in seeing how it effects the game play.

16. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Move speed reduction on parry is legit the one change I don't want to be implemented. You need to parry rays / r90's while you close the distance, if you have reduced move speed you wont catch the mage and will eat spells indefinitely without ever getting into melee. If holding parry for lengths of time is the issue, than a better change would be to add a timing mechanic to parry so that you actually need to time spells/attacks as they come in rather than just holding parry button (Ex: Parry negates 100% of damage for 1-2 seconds upon raising your shield, and then it drops off ). This mechanic is in tons of other games, and would be in the spirit of dark fall by adding another layer of skill to combat.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I think reduced movement speed while parrying is a pretty skillful addition
    I Play destro or hybrid so this would affect me also and it makes sense, feels right and it is not going to slow you down that much to tap parry to block a ray, it will prevent you from charging at someone with shield out while not blasting stamina

18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Another thought I had quite a while back was to put in a breathe-like bar for parry that would disable you if you went too long, but I think changing the effectiveness at stages is even better. 33% reduction per 1/3 of the bar or something along those lines.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  19. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

I wouldn’t mind something like this. It would reward timing/awareness and punish players who just panic and hold parry. You should have to mix in blocks with attacks and transfers which opens you up a bit more to damage.

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The problem with this is you are just buffing low ping players, parry is already annoying to use as a high ping player, a lot of the time while I am parrying on my screen I still get hit for full damage because of when the spell actually hits (not when the animation hits) and when I actually parry (not when it looks like I am parrying).

I don't really see an issue with the slow thing you can parry when you get knocked up or as a mage turns to shoot at you.