Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

POLL: Should Eyerot FULLY blind (black screen) and get its original damage back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battle Smurf, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Should Eyerot FULLY/ reliably Blind with 100% black screen and get it's 2017 damage back?

1. Yes make Eyerot actually fully/ reliably Blind and give it it's 2017 damage back

20.0%
  2. No leave it as is

48.3%
  3. Just FULLY revert Eyerot to how it was for the first year of RoA/DF1

31.7%
  1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

The following DOCUMENTED nerfs to Eyerot have happened since RoA launch and in my opinion went WAY too far.

March 16th 2018-
    • Eye Rot has had its damage decreased, debuffs removed and cooldown increased to 1 minute
    Then more recently BPG removed screenshake from Eyerot making it virtually useless as a blind (it wasn't even 100% effective when it had screenshake people could often see through it and keep sticky backing)

I want to see it made to FULLY BLIND with a blackscreen effect similar to Confusion and for it to get it's 2017 damage back.

The cooldown can stay at 1 minute and the debuffs can stay gone, that's plenty a nerf.

Either that OR FULLY revert Eyerot to how it was for the first year of RoA and literally all of DF1

Mages have been getting nerfed while Destroyer has been getting buffed since RoA beta and it's gone too far.

Mages need tools like pre-nerf Eyerot to fight Destroyers in particular.

WHY was it ever messed with? Same with Pungent Mist, at least give Pungent it's damage back.

Even I am better off just playing Destroyer now and I hate it/ consider it boring and less skillful.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Battle Smurf, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Just revert it to how it was full black screen would look weird.

3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I'm fine with that too assuming BPG even remembers the original cooldown, damage, debuff, stat cost, and blind effect, ect.

I added a poll option to 'just fully revert Eyerot to how it was in 2017 RoA/DF1' and allowed the ability to change votes as I don't think you actually like it the way it currently is either.

Myater likes this.
  4. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Battle Smurf... you don't even play, why are you making suggestions? Like you've never played ROA... lol
    --- Post updated ---
    May I add that balancing the game's damage output by how frequently you can see, and or move your character is simply terrible game design for such a skillful game. Movement, aiming. 2 core traits of skill, removing someones ability to move, or see from their character is god fucken awffffull.

Lockz, negocromn, Bojangles and 4 others like this.
  5. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

plot twist: dude plays 16 hrs a day on a misc char

6. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

This thread could also be a good place to try to discuss ideas to help balance things out between mages and destros. Options I can think of are 1) buff blinds (not a huge fan of this) 2) buff/add more knockups 3) increase spell stam damage 4) nerf parry 5) increase heavy armor casting speed penalties 6) nerf stam efficiency

7. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I'd like to see tornado give +2-3 physical protections for a couple of seconds, cool spell that needs some love.

8. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

Or launch nearby ppl up + away. Would be nice to have a strong self peel spell.

9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

This was brought up a few times, apparently it's to close to uw.

10. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

In UW it was extreme, if you could make it where it was very minimal maybe just stop them for a split second then it could work.

Oresmacker likes this.
  11. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

u mean like stormblast, impulse, come hither, confusion, eye root, fireball, magma, begone???.

are u trolling?

Scrapnotcrap and Slayven like this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Maybe remove it from magic, add it as a melee ability and have it draw people around you closer.

Oresmacker likes this.
  13. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I'm not sure if you are being serious or trolling me :p My general feeling is that crowd control abilities, especially melee ones, are extremely volatile to add. That doesn't mean I'm totally against them though. The idea I proposed is a pure buff to tornado and might help it see some more use, it fell out of favor when protections were normalized and even then it was seldom used.

14. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Not really trolling, just throwing things out there. Melee and archery could use more abilities.

Chantree, Oresmacker and Billy Lee like this.
  15. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Just making sure, it's hard to tell on the net these days :) I think that ability would be powerful and melee players would enjoy it but I would like to see mages get a little buff too.

Maybe we could try to fix seize. What about increasing the reach slightly? It's pretty hard to hit so it might be okay for testing at least. For archery, I wouldn't mind a knockback shot, a decent non-spell ability to stop people from charging in on you.

16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

eye rot is fine you're a noob

17. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It's actually low key busted. I use it all the time.

Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  18. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

It's a really neat spell. The reason I wanted to see it buffed that way was to help with the mage vs mage ttk on PTS, add a little protection vs melee pushing.

19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Here's an easy one that should have been done a long time ago...

Make jumpshot baseline on rank 50's so people can have both jump and either speed or damage on fireball.

Give Pungent Mist it's old higher damage back and allow jump on it if the cast time is staying

Uncap Corpsecalls damage modifier so it's worth putting magnitude on and trying to.use.

Give debuffs jump by default...

Honestly jumping should probably just be allowed on most things by default, with maybe a few exceptions for things like rank 100/90 nukes, magma, WoF, and field aoes.

New Dawn let you jump with everything by default and so did DF1 for like the first year.

Also like @Inositol was saying in the other thread when BPG removed self buffs they didn't give us top tier spell haste by default and the protection changes disproportionately buffed Destroyers.

It wouldn't take that much to even the playing field. There's a lot of low hanging fruit for BPG @kilrain ,

Another, more long term change, I'd like to see is options for expensive high end mage gear to scale as well as expensive destroyer gear does for them.
    --- Post updated ---
    Melee and archery abilities I'm ok with...

Lifeleech melee attack (vampstrike from UW)

Sniper shot (Trueshot from UW)

Puncture arrow attack that is ray range but ignores armor entirely

Don't want any melee pulls though, if you DID make sieze pull you'd definitely have to also make Tornado knock up and away.

Melee pushing is ALREADY the strongest thing in the game.
    --- Post updated ---

Ya Tornado needs a buff this could work but I think your numbers are a little low if you want to make it used.

I'd do closer to +5 physical protections for 5 seconds

#19 Battle Smurf, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  20. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Melee and archery could use some more abilities, they should consume primarily stamina and to a lesser extent mana.