Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

POLL: Should Eyerot FULLY blind (black screen) and get its original damage back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battle Smurf, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Should Eyerot FULLY/ reliably Blind with 100% black screen and get it's 2017 damage back?

1. Yes make Eyerot actually fully/ reliably Blind and give it it's 2017 damage back

20.0%
  2. No leave it as is

48.3%
  3. Just FULLY revert Eyerot to how it was for the first year of RoA/DF1

31.7%
  1. VoQeles

VoQeles Goblin Warrior

OG eye rot did 180+/- stat damage, screen shake + blind. Was mandatory opener, I guess most of you forget easily, saying combat revert does not justify it or stand up to reason.

#21 VoQeles, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Bojangles, Degamra and Blaze like this.
  2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Where is the option to just give it back just screenshake? I think old eye rot was busted with the dmg plus the de buff, blind + debuff + dmg is strong lol
    --- Post updated ---
    Agree that int debuff was actually big for dmg output and if I landed a direct hit it actually did solid dmg

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Add the screen shake and the old damage...whitout debuff ....maybe decrease a bit the cd

4. Fat Thor IRL

Fat Thor IRL New Member

"anything" that is damage or CC based in a pvp game that is "required" to use because of its effectiveness if you have access to it is shit game play design 101.

It's literally the first rule of game balance.

5. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

amateurs. And toxic children rule here.
    Wish we had some quality assurances. Any one that knew the game and had productive insight left a long time ago.

6. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

who
    cares
    how
    close
    it
    is
    to
    UW

Battle Smurf likes this.
  7. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

We Probably should just play with a black and white screen

Who cares right??

8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Can we not touch tornado? That's all.

Inkarnation likes this.
  9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

What?

10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

If anything, i would rather see tornado behave like mario's cape from super smash. That cape reverses everything it hits: players's movements, attacks and projectiles. It basically forces everything to do a quick 180. That's a true reflect and more skillful than a free melee knockback.

Now, the reason i want nothing to change is because what i want would most likely be hard to implement.

Tornado is a ligthning spell. When you cast it, others will mostly predict r90, stormblast or comehilther( yes, comehilther is often used in melee). Tornado simply is one of the most reliable skill, but it deals low damage. Its far from useless unlike earth quake.

To my next point, both tornado and earthquake cant be used against destroyers for obvious reasons i stopped using it when destroyers got re-introtroduced.

11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I don't like the implementation of destroyer for that very reason.

Scrapnotcrap and Battle Smurf like this.
  12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

earthquake should be modified to be pve only. it doesn't hit players but you can aoe swarm kite/farm xD

Oresmacker, Fengor and The Red King like this.
  13. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

nice thread smurf, is all this feedback based on your testing on the PTS?

14. franchisee

franchisee Wildtribe Mage

If you did this you would wanna nerf it soon as you seen what I would do with it.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  15. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

If you actually get "blinded" by eyerot right now, you're a noob

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

It needs a buff, I actually liked tornado in UW it knocked back/up and was vital to keep people from just raping you in melee (again in that game and in this one melee pushing is the strongest/ deadliest thing)

I hate how some people complain about ANY kind of fun or differentiating abilities/ spells in RoA and want everything nerfed/ dumbed down/ or outright removed until it's nothing but different colored normal hits + transfers.

@kilrain Destroyer is a nightmare for TTK/balance and prevents tons of other cool melee/archery things from being added without making Destroyer even more OP

I'd like to see Destroyer removed and then balance done around regular melee archery/indestructible + some new melee/archery abilities or new leather armors with + archery attack speed bonuses added.

It literally blows my mind that some people called UW melee/archery "ability spam" and think normal hits are more fun or skillful.
    --- Post updated ---
    Look at the name breakdowns for the voters, almost everyone who voted "no its fine as is" mainly plays Destroyer

Shout out to @Fengor and @Scrubby Bear for being 2 of the only melee/archers (i will not insult Fengor by calling him a Destroyer as I know he likes Indestructible) to be unbiased enough to vote for reverting Eyerot changes, so it's actually useful again.

[​IMG]

Fengor likes this.
  17. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

i hear this a lot but i see every kind of player missing spells and utilizing worse movement when hit by eye rot, guess ill keep waiting for the good players to show up

you seem a tad bit confused here

Blaze, Pink Taco, Myater and 2 others like this.
  18. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Always do find it funny people turn down the idea of stuff like uw tornado Esq. Sorts of skills or slows yet we have knockups (the worst form of cc ) and basically an aoe root (wof) the game has unskillful sides to it that people choose to ignore but scoff at the idea of movement or slowing abilities or whatever. Not that I want any of it changed but it's a fun observation.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  19. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Loved how you showed 2 eye rots back to back that clearly caused the player hit by the spell to lose vision and all tracking of the enemy... specially since it was to the person saying it has no effect xD

Myater and Blaze like this.
  20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I use begone, wof, comehilther and several knock-ups to keep melee pushers away from me. I even use melee knock-backs. Now, you want to add tornado into my arsenal. On top of that, tornado would absolutely be the best tool used to knock ppl away; better than stormblast because it doesn't affect you at all.

I don't wanna compare this to what we had in DF UW because in UW, you had the option to pick tornado or to not pick it up. As far as i can tell, tornado never was a popular choice among great players even if it was good. I know about the UW meta. I didn't play it much because i was on a toaster, but i still watched all the videos(not entirely tho, maybe just 1 minute per video because they were all boring as hell).