Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

(POLL) What does the community want?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sique, May 10, 2019.

?

What does the community want?

1. TCS/Clan Conquest Additions

36 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. PVE Content

33 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. PVP Content

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. PVE Overhaul/New Mechanics

16 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Playstyle Diversity/Meta Changes

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. Lore

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. Economy changes/overhaul

11 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Graphical upgrades

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  9. Naval Content/Ship battle overha

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  10. Arena/tournament system

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  11. Factions (basically opt-in replacement for racial wars)

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  12. New player island/NPE additions

32 vote(s)
    36.4%
  13. Crafting changes/overhaul

6 vote(s)
    6.8%
  14. Dynamic housing

20 vote(s)
    22.7%
  15. New map locations, condensed map or map expansion (either of the 3)

13 vote(s)
    14.8%
  16. Gear depth (gem sockets, relics, etc)

15 vote(s)
    17.0%
  17. Fluff (cosmetics, dyes, etc)

17 vote(s)
    19.3%
  18. Alignment system overhaul

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  19. User Interface overhaul

10 vote(s)
    11.4%
  20. revert

29 vote(s)
    33.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Lifetime

Agreed that it's really tough with only one vote. Interesting poll though.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

added multiple votes

3. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

At this point I think you could give us 30 more options and revert could be at 86%~ and it still wouldn’t happen.

I want all of what you listed, what I think is the most important is the order in which they proceed.

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Contributor Legend Streamer

a que arena would be tits. especially if it wasn't full loot. You could go out and do farming and just keep queing

Sameog and Fengor like this.
  5. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Crypt Guard

All options listed there are viable. Lets face the facts though, full loot fps games target the .001% of the mmo community. You pretty much have to be a psychopath to play this type of game and love it. I guess it comes down to how much population do we need for it be a thriving game?

I think the racial war thing was huge and that kept around some of the rpers even though most of them hated the full loot thing. It was pretty much right up there with every rp nerd with the elf vs orc vs wolf vs human vs dwarf, they loved that shit lol. I remember on EU there were a bunch of dwarf only clans and that shit was hilarious.

Shadowbane to me was the best balance when it came to looting and pvp. The inventory was free game but not the gear so it kept around a lot of noobs. Game had a ton of RP guilds and from what I remember servers had around 12k-15k at its peak. Imagine this DF server with 12k people? Good lord it would be a mad house lol. Racial wars and partial loot would probably be the only way we would see a giagantic boom in population, otherwise we would already be there.

Or, we can just be happy with the population that we have and be thankful we can still play DF (I know i am even though I just came back). But I always wondered what would the game be like right now with a full server.

Schnid likes this.
  6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I disagree with that. You can't prove your point when a 3ple A company has not made a full loot game yet. I'be been saying it, sandboxes and full loot games are not good in general and they have a bad reputation.

BR games in the other hand got good reputation. Yet, it's made for the most hardcore of gamers. So think about fortnite and apex.

Don't you lose loot in runescape? Yes you do and nobody has ever complained about that. Sure, it's not open world pvp, but i remember darkscape and it had a lot of players. I don't even know why they shut it down.

Everything else, but full loot is the reason DF is in trouble. The world is too big. Ok, we got runes and runebooks, but because of that, we are seeing the same ppl over and over again. Noobs can't fight noobs as a result and newb mobs are never worth it due to lack of beginner feature such as quest-lines. Weather you want to believe or not, we are all the same and there's way too many keys to bind. If you get spotted by a vet, you are dead because he can bunny hop all the way to you.
    Problem with DF, it's made for the vets or for those willing to be like us. You can't just be anything so it's not even a true sandbox.

7. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

You can't compare a BR game with an MMORPG. You can't compare any arena game with an MMORPG. It strictly does not work. When you die a BR game you immediately start over with a fresh map, fresh start, even playing field and are equipped and ready to fight within minutes.

Stop trying to compare ROA to anything in the arena genre. It will never ever be the same thing.

You just admitted that Runescape doesn't have open world pvp and yet you don't comprehend why it's worked out over the years. Asheron's Call. Eve Online. UO. Look at the successful pvp loot MMORPG's (must be mmorpg) and if you actually pay attention you'll see a pattern.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  8. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Wish 'Performance optimization and bug fixes' was an option as well. Would be nice to get the server and client running better than dogshit.

9. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

nothing matters lol

10. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Does it matter? its not like that will all of a sudden become BPGs focus.

11. ZeuZ

ZeuZ Crypt Guard

Yea I don't know if I could compare a BR loot n scoot vs Darkfalls full loot, but that's just my opinion.

Killing people and taking their stuff in a BR game (Fortnite / Apex) doesn't give me any type of a rush or a the satisfaction of taking someones else's shit like in DF. You die and just respawn in another game and you do it again within minutes (or longer).

Rimamok and Fengor like this.
  12. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

Nah dude we really need some combat changes

Fengor likes this.
  13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Factions

Gone over this before in a couple different threads.
    Basically a similar system to what UO used to have. Added so much to the game to be in a faction and have faction bases to raid/defend set traps use chokes, Sigil would have pedestals in different areas of the map (around center) to capture and if the capturing side could defend them for a specific amount of time then they become un-stealable for 3 days or a week and during that time they can hire faction guards( or some sort of defensive perk) they could get faction specific mounts better HP or speed or whatever can be added that makes sense without making them OP. Have to be in faction to use them. Faction Colors for Capes, flags, tabards. Could add recipe's that are bought for accumulated faction points, special skins, armors, mounts. I mean the list would be endless of what could be added.

All of the above is just an example. It can be tweaked to better suit darkfall. Point is it would add a new dimension to pvp, take heat off of newer players and maybe even sieges. Faction Points would be valuable hell even make them trade-able, if done right and with the right incentive it would help so much.

Each faction would be capped at so many members unless they are = or near = in numbers.
    Example: 3 factions

Faction 1. Has 17 members
    Faction 2. Has 13 Members
    Faction 3. Has 20 Members

Faction 3 would not be able to add anyone else unless factions 1 and 2 caught up to say 17 or 18 at least, so that the balance would be fairly close at all times - activity windows.

3 bases separated around mid map at = distance. Maybe give them control over the mid map chaos cities for which ever faction controls the most sigils for the 3 - 7 days. Could put guards in the cities too, flags, faction vendors etc..

Anyway not sure how hard any of this would be as compared to other stuff on the list. But it would be amazing if done correctly and I have always wanted this in a game since UO so many years ago.

#33 Korag, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

If they make an arena it absolutely should be full loot OR at least require a gold wager to enter with say 10-20% of the gold being used as a gold sink and the rest going to whoever wins.
    --- Post updated ---
    STRICT Racial Wars would be a massive benefit to this game in numerous ways that I have painstakingly laid out in past threads.

BPG does not understand the value in this. They view forcing friend groups to CHOOSE the same race or race alliance and thus naturally splitting some of the vet zergs up as a bad thing, rather than the good thing it is.

STRICT Racial wars would be massively beneficial to new and more solo oriented players and create an entirely different atmosphere in the game.

You would also have many more relevant factions creating multiway fights and preventing 2 sided server war zergs.

#34 Battle Smurf, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  15. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Cairn Giant
    Contributor Legend Streamer

So people should just donate gear bags to arrow whenever hes online?

Chantree likes this.
  16. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Infernal

how about hellgates, or a reason to actually play the game besides logging in to get wofed by 10 people.

17. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Jokes on him my bag isnt even worth opening.

18. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Lifetime

I think one thing this poll proves is that this community and those that may join us in the future are interested in a wide variety of activities.

rats and The Red King like this.
  19. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

voted all, cuz yeah

20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

That's such a defeatist mentality.

At the very least ALL Arena fights should cost gold to enter. 10% from each player goes to a rake/gold sink winner gets the rest.

Fuck no to any pointless WoW arena type bullshit with no risk/reward involved.