Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Population and the grind.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YapYapYap, Jan 25, 2020.

1. YapYapYap

YapYapYap New Member

Figured I would try this out since I've been having that Darkfall itch that no other game can quite scratch, my main question is how is the population? I don't need raw numbers but if there is no chance of finding PvP I would be disappointed. Also I'm curious how/if they have addressed the grind, I don't mind a bit of a grind but I don't have hours to play anymore. Thanks - YapYap

streaml1ne and MaxiHori like this.
  2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

grind is easy. pop is good enough for some large 30 vs 30 that can go down once or twice a week
    sanguine is popping: thats the starter captical city in human land.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Outside of Sanguine, you pretty much won't see a soul. Three to four weeks of casual play after the Dye patch, I was jumped once. That is all the pvp I had!

Game is great, the pop is the worst I've ever seen in any version of Darkfall. (EU perspective)

Grind: Is quick to level and the pve has improved a lot.

4. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

First off your best bet is to ignore the jaded vets like Squanto, who like to repeat the same toxic bs that was refuted months ago by Andrew BPG. There's a fair few of them, who don't play the game, yet post the same drivel over and over again in the forums... why? No one knows but them.

The population has been pretty steady lately; BPG doesn't publish numbers so it's hard to get a solid count. But just from seeing questions in New Player/Agon chat, it's easy to see that there is a fair bit of new blood around. New player friendly clans like RoA And Chill, and Beginner's luck are available for them to join up with and learn the game. The NPE could use a LOT of work though, so we'll have to see whether those folks will stick around long term.

There has been a marked uptick in patching since the main Akathar patch on 12/16/19. Bug fixes/tweaks multiple times a week (those that would refute that can see the updates clearly on the website at https://www.riseofagon.com/news/, as well as in the official ROA discord https://discord.gg/riseofagon). Even if folks don't agree with the direction of some of the patches and tweaks (if you don't have any use for dyes, a fair chunk of the updates won't interest you), even the most cynical have to admit that things are heading in the right direction from a patching/communication standpoint.

To be honest, your chances of getting PVP is pretty low if you just go to a random spawn, but if you go to one of the mobs that has had it's loot tweaked, or especially one of the island dungeons with the new quests, there's a good chance you'll run into someone. I was 2 for 2 in seeing people at dungeons today (Cairn, and East Yssam). The new quests are mostly meant to be done with 2+ people though, so be especially careful if you go solo.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  5. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

So as a new player or a returning player on a new account or empty bank, It fairly easy to get all pvp spells to level 4, outside of buffs they take a bit to get up. Getting all your character to 100 stats is easy, the grind to 110 is not bad, prob could do it in a month of grind if you did it casual. Q3 gear is easy to farm up in mass. When you attempt to farm q4 and better weapons is when it take a lot of time. You more than likely won't find people at spawns, you might find people in dungeons since they have been updated lately so some people are trying them. outside of dungeons I doubt you will find a single person for a 1v1 you might run into a group of 10+ who are on for like seige prep or something, if you arent in one of the two major siege force you won't be getting much pvp action. Outside of siege days the ganks a day is usually under 10, if there is above 10 ganks a day its crazy. https://www.riseofagon.com/agonmetrics/pvp/global/ to check locations that have had pvp and who have gotten ganked

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  6. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

Re-read your shit man cause frankly it makes you look like something that code of conduct wont allow me to say.

7. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

ESL or something? Does a second 'even' trigger you?
    Either way, great feedback, high quality!

8. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool Goblin Warrior

If you are referring to English as my second language, then no, its my 3rd. If not, then I have no clue what ESL means. Insert ''''' where you feel like it.

Oxymoronic statements in the same sentence triggers me, if you cant see it I cant "help" you. I just wish you at least could go a few paragraphs in between them when youve taken the time to write paragraphs.

The quality of the feedback is yet to be determined, hope thats enough of an explanation.

9. YapYapYap

YapYapYap New Member

Thanks for the responses! Enjoying thee grind and agree that PvP is not super common, but it does happen occasionally.