Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

population?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CreZee, May 9, 2017.

1. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

So I'm super hyped about the launch and everything. Just moved so I'm waiting on cable to get installed a little later today then I'll be joining the game. However, talking to some friends, they are huge skeptics of the game being relaunched and all that. One of them said he has a friend that plays 10 hours a day since launch and has only been in 1 fight. He thinks the game will be dead within a month and only 10 active users on reddit and blah blah blah, zero hype.

From what I've read, almost 5000 unique log ins, 2000 concurrent users, the game should be popping! So are my friends being Debbie downers or is this legit? Whats the population like? Is it anywhere close to the original DF1 launch, or the NA-1 relaunch?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Incanuth Archbane

Legend

He's probably been in one fight because there are no race alliances anymore and most people don't want to go red this early. I've had a few fights and managed to stay blue, and see people all over the place every day.

Fengor and Nat like this.
  3. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

I've had about 3 fights and survived 2 of them. Tell your friend to leave the newbie zones. Dude, there is so many people I even hear people harvesting randomly when running around.

Fengor and CreZee like this.
  4. Wing_Zero

Wing_Zero Goblin Shaman

To my knowledge they haven't updated us on any kind of official population count.

You are correct in that the last read from them was at 5,000 unique logs with 2,000 concurrent users, but that was days ago. I consistently see dozens of new players running around with their protection on (Keep in mind they implemented a 7-day waiting period for character deletion).

Fights are limited near the starter areas due to all the races being aligned, so most of the PvP is directed towards the lawless zones or players that have decided to gone full Red.

Compared to the original launch, I can't really say since we don't have reliable numbers from either source. I don't think its quite as a big, but it's safe to say that it is growing at a steady rate and there seems to be a really good retention rate among new players.

Server side, it's really stable. Actually pretty impressive from this team.

The best gaming experience is a Darkfall launch -- just shut up and come play.

5. CreZee

CreZee Air Elemental
    Loyal Supporter

You don't have to tell me twice. I can't WAIT to get this install going and get into the action!

Fengor likes this.
  6. Wing_Zero

Wing_Zero Goblin Shaman

You're starting out at the beginning of the political landscape, too.

Winter is coming.

7. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

A lot of people around. Definitely. As others said, people don't want to go red this early due to the skill points only available in capitals, if you don't have access in your holding. But definitely a lot of people around!

8. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

Can you buy important skill stuff in the red towns in the middle of the map? You could in dnd but dont know if they added it here. but trying to buy skills there sounds like asking to die anyway lol. So most will prefer to wait for holdings to go red.

9. cannabis

cannabis Goblin Shaman

safe zone swamped

10. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

I've heard you cant buy melee/archery/spell upgrades in chaos cities. I dont like it, it screws up solo players...

11. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

Tons of players. Reddit is garbage, who uses that site these days? Just a bunch of trolls. Because every race is blue, everything is calm right now. Once clans skill up and the wars start, it's going to get nutty!

Fengor and Nat like this.
  12. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Don't miss out on all the fun by questioning the population. You'll only contribute to the very problem you're concerned about. The game is thriving and there is tons of pvp already. Once all the big wars and alliances start it'll just keep getting better. Don't miss out.

Lucan, Fengor and Nat like this.
  13. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Population is massive right now, people EVERYWHERE! It's great!

Lucan likes this.
  14. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

Ah ya that sucks. Darkfall isnt exactly a solo player game but still, you should be able to buy destroyer and all spells and stuff as a solo red if you have to. Its not like going into a red town that could be camped as a red is a overly easy thing anyway. It might aswell be a option.

I guess you could try to ninja into someones holding and hope theres no towers or players and try to buy stuff lol... But sounds like a horrible idea so the yshould just add the npc's to red towns lol.

15. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The only things you can not buy at a chaos city are archery/melee upgrades like destroyer/magekiller and magic upgrades like speed/jump/damage on spells. The issue is on the list and will be fixed as soon as it can be.

brahji, Fengor, Nat and 1 other person like this.
  16. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

Ah thanks for the info. Will be a great QoL update

17. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

When I ride, I often cross paths with other players riding wherever, minding their own business. That was so rare in AV's Darkfall. Sometimes you could ride for hours and never see a soul. Now you cross paths with people all over the place. Population is definitely more than decent.

Fengor likes this.
  18. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

I have been running into players even 3 or 4 at night est. The game is definitely populated and hopefully it stays that way. Don't waste time and get into the game now!

Fengor likes this.
  19. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Tons of people everywhere.

Fengor likes this.
  20. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

More than 10, less than a million.