Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Portal Shards... AGAIN.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG]

How long is it going to be before we get the picture?

You mangled mob spawns, you mangled pshard drop rates. The only viable method of getting pshards is Villages, and apart from the 1 billboard village you have to use pshards themself, and thats just for a CHANCE.

Donaddor can take all those shards off, and charge 5k per if he really wanted to, and people would be FORCED to buy them if they wanted to port.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Snow, Hook and Leopold Stotch like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

+10

either put them back on vendors for 2k or un-fuck the mob's that you did this last patch. If it wasn't free to play right now i prolly wouldn't be just because of how retarded it is to get Portal shards.

Sero likes this.
  3. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Celestial
    Contributor Hero

This game is mangled (beyond return?) af .
    Somehow if i get hit in the back while parrying i suffer Piercing damage from Great swords (r50). Unless i was being trolled.
    WTF...

4. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

We would be better off without runebooks, so softly limiting them by it being expensive doesn’t seem so bad...to me at least.

Whatever you do, Just don’t put them back on vendors. Let the market dictate the price based on supply and demand.

5. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

The power attack deals piercing damage.

6. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

its all or nothing whit bpg

villages/trade route/portal shards/mobs/spawns

they dont play the game enough to understand

same whit communication... all or nothing,they will talk update us for 1 week then vanish for 2 months

7. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I actually like the current portal shard situation, to be honest. I think it's good that porting around nearly 100% of the time is not as optimal, now I tend to ride short distances to save money, which adds a decent bit of traffic to the world instead of all of us instantly arriving at our destinations 100% of the time. I'm not a big fan of riding around but I do like to get some random encounters or at least see other people on the move.

I do think there is room to maneuver with how portal shards are obtained though. Perhaps a small boost to chest drop rates, maybe another to chaos chests, and work them into some extra loot tables. With the recent regionalization (which I like a lot), I see that elementals have been used to fill in a lot of old spawns, so perhaps making them a good source of portal shards would make sense, because those loot tables are a bit too boring imo. I think it would also be neat if iron nodes had a really small chance to yield a portal shard, and perhaps the sea tower as well. There are lots of options but I do think it's best to exercise caution because optimal balance is not too far off imo.

The price you displayed in your picture is obviously high but that will encourage people to sell some of their stock or go farming. You can also be rewarded by placing buy orders at the right time, stocking up when supply is high and prices are low, do some flipping, etc.

JasperHawkins, Leo Woods and RoD like this.
  8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

K. It's fine to have to farm for some shards, and creates a new market, but it's practically impossible for your average daily casual player to farm them. They need to have a bigger drop chance and need to be spread out to other mobs.

9. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I agree that the variety of options is lacking. I think new players should probably be more into the business of selling portal shards than buying, because a 5k port represents a decent portion of their networth, but as you grow wealthier you have to weigh the cost of porting vs your hourly profit. Porting is still a big luxury and I think that the idea behind that patch was to make it change from something you do every time to something you have to consider a bit.

In addition to the potential solutions in my previous post, one thing I think people would like is a new uncommon-rare drop from villages, let's call it a Magician's Satchel. Double click it to get a bundle of portal shards ranging from four to ten in the normal range but with a tiny chance for up to 20. Another idea would be a new map that certain monsters drop, let's call it a Magician's Map for now, and it could have portal shards, some enchanting materials, runestones, reagents, etc. I would really like to see these types of items added by Team B.

Leo Woods likes this.
  10. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

ps not back on vendors please.

Increase drop rate on different mobs yes

thanks

Leo Woods, zander and Fengor like this.
  11. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

More drops on mobs is best solutoon.

(Also just shrink the damn map so we can drive conflict )

12. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

What’s your number? How many pshards/hour do you think the average daily casual player should be able to farm?

13. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

wildtride mages should net like 20/hour. Ghosts/elfshades/elfwraights should net 20/hour.

More mobs need to drop them.

The current are absolute ass.

Hook likes this.
  14. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

i'm fine with them not being on the market if more mobs dropped them and had a better drop rate. It's absolute Aids to farm them and i'm sure as shit not spending 2.5k or more for fucking 1 when it takes 2 to port anywhere.

15. Nine Breaker

Nine Breaker Goblin Scout

Some of the subcontinent dungeons seem to be very good for portal shards.

16. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

Maybe runebook recalls should be free... on a 90 min cooldown. cool down is shared among all books. you can still port more than that, just like now, but it consumes shards. Makes it more casual friendly, but you still have to farm them or spend the money to use city ports.

And still increase the spawn rate some. 1 shard per recall would help to.

Portal shards need to be available, easily farmable, just not plentiful to make it trivial.

17. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Really like the idea of adjusting it to help casuals. Maybe first 5 runebook uses per day cost 1, first 2 city ports are free?

18. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

That's exactly my point. Everyone is focused on increasing shard drop rate. There are other options that can have benefits to a broader spectrum of darkfall playstyles.

So if you don't port often, cool, no cost. port alot or port around like crazy? Open the wallet.

This method also wouldn't require much tweaking to current drop rates. Just a little bit of tweaking.

19. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Why not both?

2k on vendors, increased drop rates from mobs. Since we cant figure out a replacement gold sink, looks like we have to go back to vendor shards.

Hook likes this.
  20. Cista Ashbow

Cista Ashbow Goblin Scout

The price has been over 2000 for most of 2018. A couple of months ago it was 3000. Nothing new, stop whining.

Leo Woods and nightblighter like this.