Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Portal Shards... AGAIN.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Jan 3, 2019.

1. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Should bd on every mobs loot table.

Make 1 mob that spawns 1 time a day drop 20-30.
    Make every mob have a rarity equal to the difficulty to farm.
    Goblins 1 an hr, trolls 2 an hr, etc. All the way to the demon.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. ludmitr87

ludmitr87 Goblin Scout
    Patron Tester

i like the idea of free portal with a cool down(1hour), should help newcomers and casual players

3. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

So basically you’re crying about the main component of instant travel in a sandbox MMO being too rare and expensive?

Do me a favour mate. Portal shards are suppose to be rare. If you want to play an instanced/arena game go play WoW.

4. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Didnt people complain about it's to easy to instantly travel everywhere because of the porting?

I guess I must have missed something.

KingLlama likes this.
  5. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

if you do both... marketprice is already set for below 2k

Rather have the market/player decide the price and not an npc vendor.

Also will encourage people to farm ps. and not buy from npc

Sero and Leo Woods like this.
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

" I Don't like it so I am going to kick and scream til I get my way. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Change it back to brain dead mode"

Cannot make this shit up they cry about safe travel being too easy and when they have to actually put in work to get shards to safe travel they bitch it is too hard.... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH now I get why Sero always typed in rEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cause it is soooo true. LOL

Fucking kids

#26 Korag, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Leo Woods likes this.
  7. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

If you want an arena play a different game. Stop complaining that something of value isn't plentiful and has to be farmed for. Your all so use to not having to farm for anything and are able to duel and pvp all day that the lack of requirement to play this game is the reason there's nothing organic in the game happening.

8. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

It’s easier/more reliable to go farm rare ore golems then it is fucking portal shards right now.

And just like the combat patch, no one asked for this change either

9. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

1. I asked for this change and I think it is good
    2. There are plenty of spawns where you can farm 10+ portal shards per hour. That might not be enough to quench your thirst for them, but it is plenty reliable and safer than most rare ore golems. It is also doable by day 1 players because everyone gets 75+ stats right off the bat.

10. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Dire Zombie

We’re actually lucky that BPG have the confidence to make changes off their own accord and not just be a bitch to the small number of close-minded vets on the forums.

There’s a reason this game is still doing well and that’s because BPG have made changes that cater for the needs and wants of all types of players, new and old, rather than just a select number of forum bashers.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Can easily farm 10 + in 30 min.

12. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I farmed the serruk dungeon for 1 hour when the changes were introduced. Got 19 portal shards, 18.4k gold, and 52 Q4 horn on top of the Gargantua loot.

Korag likes this.
  13. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

In the good old days I would know the mobs to farm portal shards, like ghosts and wildtribe mages. Now I have no clue what to farm to reliably get them. I killed hundreds of fire elementals recently for the cinder and they drop 1 shard every 100 kills. If people can't really farm them, who's going to sell them? I know I'll never sell one.

14. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Found the DND shill that doesn't have a clue.
    --- Post updated ---
    Just because we want increased drop rates doesnt mean we dont want to farm bucko. Actually quite the opposite.

Also: If they were on vendors, where are we getting the gold if we don't farm? (PS: This also means that the gold is no longer getting inflated to the literal millionaire Donnador, and is getting taken out of the game, forcing more farming.)

The problem before, was with vendor shards I was able to farm anything and everything anytime I wanted. I had Dark dragon rotation runebooks, I had golem rotation runebooks. You could port from spawn to spawn to spawn, refuel on shards rinse and repeat. But at least the gold I was putting into shards was getting taken out of the game, not causing a massive inflation, and forcing me to sell things to get more gold.

I was willing to entertain the idea of taking portal shards off vendors in the beginning, but it was a half-assed change:

- No replacement gold sink to keep gold flow stable was introduced
    - Mob drop rates were NEVER at an acceptable state, and it was made only worse with the recent mob location changes. (PS: You almost made battle saints quit just as they were returning with this change)

#34 Sero, Jan 4, 2019
  15. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Somebody put an APB out for BPG.

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  16. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Somehow I have 210 portal shards and I barely do vcp's. Guess I can sell some tonight

17. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

That's the initial point in this game, to barder and farm different thing's for specific items. That's why enchants exist. If you want to just farm one mob and get everything from it. Why don't they just remove the entire enchanting system and just charge gold off vendors for it too? Because that's a major content and aspect of the game. Just like the many mobs and difference in loot tables. You are literally trying to come in here with an arena mentality. It 's just not a good suggestion at all.

If they wanted a gold sink they wouldn't have the ridiculous high dura that is on every piece of item. Someone can literally duel for 16 hours straight without an item breaking.

PPl wouldn't be sitting in cities all day dueling because dueling breaks armor which requires the need to farm. It's too easy of a concept to not grasp.

18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Nothing of what you just said is true.

Especially this part:
    Considering that this is what it is currently. There is like 2 mobs in the game that drop portal shards. (More than 1 every 20 minutes)

Donnador has 1400.

#38 Sero, Jan 4, 2019
  19. franchisee

franchisee Akathar

Here, I'll give you a true statement.

Stop hacking Sero, it's obvious and pussy mentality.

20. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEER
    --- Post updated ---
    CAN YOU MAKE A DETECTIVE FRANCHISE VIDEO AND SHOW ME WHERE I AM HACKING PLEASE?

Nat likes this.