Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Portal Shards... AGAIN.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sero, Jan 3, 2019.

1. franchisee

franchisee Gravelord

Even if everyone else is too stupid to see it. I know and for that. You're still a pussy.
    --- Post updated ---
    Well considering I've had a working aim lock since beta I have no idea why people are so fucking stupid to not believe me. I never used it for PVP, just created it to show it was possible and what to look for. At the end of the day, the community is still in denial.

I could do 1 single duel and use it and record it and it would prove it so fast. But then id get banned. It's a tough situation.

2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

SHOW ME WHERE I AIM LOCK PLEASE. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #42 Sero, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Hombre 6 likes this.
  3. Hook

Hook Celestial
    Legend

Lmao at the people saying you can farm 10-20 in an hour, you can tell who doesn’t actually play or farm.

Before the mob relocation patch, there was a 5 spawn of otheilges near dwarf area. I would farm it for an hour’ish give or take and would be lucky if I got 8. Sometimes I only got 2-4.

They have the best drop rates by far, better then evil eyes and mino shamans, i farmed them for the same about of time to test it and they are shit.

You can all think Sero is just crying or whatever you would like, but if you actually have 1/2 a brain cell and read and think about what he is saying, it actually makes sense.

PS, Franny you would know about who is hacking and who’s not, you sound like a fucking idiot.

Hombre 6 likes this.
  4. RoD

RoD Undead Dwarf
    Wealthy Legend

I can farm 12 to 20 portals in a hour now depends on the lucky

5. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Chosen of Khamset
    Lifetime

You have to keep the risk of ruin in mind, just because you farm something for a while and get barely any portal shards does not mean the drop rates are bad. I've farmed 20 in an hour duo and many times have gotten 10+ and I can't really farm much these days. I really think people are jumping to conclusions quickly on every patch now, you have to do some real testing to analyze it correctly. There also seems to be a lot of people that think oathlieges are the only good option but that's not true.

6. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

No one is jumping to conclusions. This patch and the patch before it have been out for a good bit now... Long enough to be tested.

7. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

They're selling for more than 2k and you don't get just portal shards unless you're farming shadow spirits (I guess they drop a little bit of Q3 taint).

8. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

@Hook

Here is a thread where I posted some of my notes about drop rates: https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/my-notes-on-portal-shard-drop-rates.18078/

That includes the list of mobs they listed in their patch notes so you can feel free to search for better spawns on the map.

I would recommend checking out the broadherne dungeon west of Sanguine. There were two spawns of malaut acolytes/beguilers there and I could get 12/hour at. That was before they moved mob spawns, but those malauts weren't really hard mobs so I don't think they would have changed in the patch.

Volfen also offered up the dungeon west of Serruk as a good spot.

Feel free to check those two out rather than screaming conspiracy at people who found better spawns than you did.

Billy Lee likes this.
  9. Billy Lee

Lifetime

Man, people have been freaking out about everything in every patch since I came back to the game. There were lots of posts and threads made by people that clearly did either zero testing or only tested a little. Lots of claims have been way off, making outraged posts about patch notes has become the cool thing to do here. I'm sure the same thing will happen next patch, just watch. There are lots of people selling portal shards regularly and often in large quantities.

Leo Woods and Leopold Stotch like this.
  10. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

I think the biggest issue currently is that BPG makes all these changes, and doesn't document what they change.

So there is no way to tell what the drop rates are for different mobs, unless you go out there and kill 100 of them and average out what you get.

There is no way to see how many of each mob is at a spawn unless you go there yourself and spawn them. Maybe 5, maybe 1, who knows?

There is no way to see what spawns in the different dungeons. So you have to travel to each and everyone of them, check it out, "Wow bunch of useless bullshit in this dungeon, sure am glad I wasted my time coming here", and then go to the next and write down what you find.

This shit is not fun. BPG, document what you change and release it as patch notes, or integrate it into the game so we can look at the world map and see all of this shit in game.

11. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

@Andrew
    You mentioned in another thread that you would watch portal shard prices and adjust drop rates accordingly.

I think we are ready for a buff in pshard drop rates.

Hook likes this.
  12. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

In a way its a good nerf to runebooks since everyone was just spam porting to spots when they knew people where there, guess people will have to think before deciding if they wanna use runebooks!

Although I do think they should have some good farm spots, but I will never farm sooo doesn't effect me

13. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

Many players I don't think see beyond their own unsatiable need for unlimited travel in this game to really look at what is better for the game overall. Some do, some don't, it is what it is.

However I plead that the devs hear all these ideas, from making time limited free recalls from book, to making those that want to port around 5-6x an hour really pay for it, to upping drop rates.

I am pragmatic enough to realize that the best solution probably lies someplace where none of us get everything we want, which is probably some combination of all these ideas in this thread and that they actually try something with a bit of everything here, and see what happens with it.

Portal shards is one of those resources in this game that a small change could make it better for everyone from noob to hardcore vet. Especially for midgame players who are the ones we seem to be loosing. A few changes and tweaks to how we use shards as well as how they are aquired could really give those midgame players a goal to strive for, instead of no real bridge from goblin genocide to midmap farming.
    --- Post updated ---
    Some complain it's not all on a bpg released spreadsheet so everyone knows exactly what to farm when to powergame the shit out of RoA.

Also others complain we don't have a reason to go out and explore the world anymore.

Not saying you are wrong. But you simply can't have both.

Volfen likes this.
  14. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Hey let’s get the milk carton out! Anyone seen BPG?

Fengor likes this.
  15. Geezy

Geezy Dire Zombie
    Loyal Supporter

but what would I expect from a shitposter. nothing less than ignorant

Billy Lee and Leo Woods like this.
  16. Billy Lee

Lifetime

Learn some grammar before you call other people stupid. You could also try checking the market once in a while so you don't look like an even bigger fool.

17. Lord Zanuul

Lord Zanuul Fire Elemental
    Legend

Most MMO that are mechanically inclined to have inexpensive fast travel do not focus on conquest and territory control this is part of the problem with making fast travel to Easy in this game ... It has all sorts of cause and effects dynamics that affect the overall open world PVP as well as resource scarcity issues.

Leo Woods likes this.
  18. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Don’t forget that with TC comes the ability to block enemy clans from using runes in your territory.

19. magnum orkus

magnum orkus Goblin Shaman

i think the current drop rate is more than fine. and the market has 100s for sale.

./shrug

Leo Woods and Billy Lee like this.