Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Portals..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shredz, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

THIS^x100 the days of sitting at the yew gate... lol fun times

Foomanchu likes this.
  2. Drago

Drago Deadeye

Most definitely new dawn is the game for me but what does that have to do with anything?
    New dawn isnt out yet and this thread is about tweaking the portals in roa..

3. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Add a fourth recall called the market place, it would be a closed environment that wouldn't allow you to go anywhere except for the marketplace, you would recall there and do your trading. Asheron's call anyone???

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Grimtide likes this.
  4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

the thing about adding in portals in each capital that go directly to another capital defeats the purpose of removing clan city portals in the first place. The logic behind wilderness portals is they want you to travel to them and use them. If they just add in capital to capital portals, there is no reason to not add back holding portals

5. black horseman

black horseman Skeleton Archer

Uhhh. Wilderness is accessible to red, capitol is only accessible to blue? Holding portals were accessible to both...

6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

It doesnt matter. The logic is they want to have everyone out there using them, not just one alignment group porting safely from 1 capital on 1 side of the map directly to the capital city on the opposite side of the map.

7. black horseman

Was that the logic? I would use the secondary racial cities as the portal locations to give them a feeling of being alive personally. I don't really have an issue with giving blues an additional reason to be blue.

8. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

I mean i can only assume that was the logic otherwise the portal layout would have been vastly different and the reason to remove city portals would have no longer been valid. They could have both coexisted in game, 1 being a free way to travel, the other way being a paid way to travel

9. black horseman

Or we could make it blue only and use a portal shard to travel.

10. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

We already have bindstone recall and house recall and capital recall and portals and runestones and nexus portals, but you don't want them to add a capital portal network because then people won't need to "travel to them and use them"? We're already too far past the point where that matters. Holding portals let people get exactly where they needed to be right when they needed it.

11. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Player city portals also "let people get exactly where they needed to be right when they needed it" and they were removed. Also no, we're not already "too far past the point where that matters", what kind of a mentality is that?

12. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

you can already do this is just a bit of a pain depending upon your race as most portals go clockwise.

elf>wolf>dwarf>ork>sanguine. and the ork one isnt even in the capital its in naergur.

there is VERY little risk in taking this route as you are mostly in starter areas/tower areas as it is, it just makes it tedious. you would almost have to try to get killed en route. why is theree a portal IN TOWER RANGE at redmoon that goes to ymirs tear IN TOWER RANGE but not one from shoal to sanguine?

this makes people only want to roll certain races due to ezpz portals and sanguine trading.

if my ork wants to get to wolflands he has to port to VoTK and run or go sang>chill>sorgom>shoal>moradar>vellenyth>moonclaw>redmoon

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  13. black horseman

I just disagree with you is all. I think teleporting blues between racial cities for a cost is very different from holding portals. I think it helps noobs (the most likely players to be blue) group up and band together more easily.

Zeiken and Dixie Normus like this.
  14. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Its actually not different at all. They are both the same thing except holding portals would have a cost, wilderness/capital portals wouldnt. Right now, a holding essentially has no value, its basically just an expensive bank. There is no reason to want to conquer a city on another continent without just straight up moving there as a clan and staying there because there is no way to easily travel back and forth between the 2. Im also not against it, all im saying is, if that form of instant cross map safe and free travel is added into the game, there is no reason why clan holding portals shouldnt be brought back as well especially considering they had a cost, and right now portal shards are pretty much useless as their supply far far far outweighs demand.

15. Drago

Drago Deadeye

JUst make world map clickable and insta teleport. Who would want to encounter travelling players in a open world pvp game?

16. Grimtrove

Grimtrove Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Edit: Sheesh, didn't realize I already posted the same thing on this same thread. This issue just kills me.

Addition: Jumping into peoples holding and using their portal chambers was alot of fun and PvP promoting.

17. Pjonkan

Pjonkan Goblin Scout

What about making your house vendor able to hire a booth in any npc city, you pay like 500g for him to stand in sanguine for 24 hours. Can have like a street with vendors that everyone can browse for good prices like how shopping is irl?
    Would make vendors so much cooler and trading would be more fun.
    Maybe they could even have som buy orders on them to fill.

18. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Less portals means it takes longer to go somewhere you want to go, like raiding a city or a dungeon, or capping a village, meaning less pvp.

Random encounters in the open are a pipe dream.

Zeiken likes this.
  19. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

id be cool with this.

MerleisAirdburne likes this.
  20. davick

davick Goblin Warlord

For RoA maybe. For DF there were many open world encounters. Population was higher but people thought they were going to adjust the game and AV never did. Only a handful of people want the game that RoA currently is. Really need to add a queable arena and be done with it. Lethe ND fulfill the sandbox role and RoA fulfill the instant action bangers.