Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

post good vids

Discussion in 'Memory Lane' started by MagneticMan, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagneticMan

MagneticMan Celestial

post good df1 vids here

let's all watch them together

2. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

go away eu

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Etheom

Etheom Goblin Warrior

Toxic to the Right... epic footage of Zealot vs TFK in part 2

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91lJzbhdH4U[/bbvideo]

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqxfc-rS-3A[/bbvideo]

4. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

5. Metalkon

Metalkon GM Team Lead
    Staff Member Team Lead

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTzHY39xZYU[/bbvideo]

6. Kotic

Kotic Infernal
    Legend

Oh boi, the fight with skreww 2v2ing was a butt clincher

7. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

That was a great video :D

8. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLLH_YZVAtE[/bbvideo]

9. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

10. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

This is exactly why I hated destro. It was a dumbass specialization that dumbed the game down to constantly resetting a fight until you finally got a few good destro hits. It was a completely situational spec and the playstyle you had to use to accommodate it was annoying as hell to play against and took much less skill than playing a mage.

11. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Destro had a way higher skill cap, hence why there were only a hand full of good destroyers. Any spec or playstyle can run and reset, and most good players did that because who likes to lose ;)

12. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I disagree primarily because a destro's playstyle is incredibly simplified. You don't have to worry about spell selection, or positioning nearly as much. You can succeed by just focusing on your aim and constantly pushing melee. Or if things don't go your way: rinse, repeat. It relied on the spec's one gimmick which is the huge bonus damage in melee. Constantly resetting fights until you finally get a good back hit against a guy with their staff out doesn't take skill, just fortitude if you want to call it something. The only skills that destro required were decent aim and good melee tactics. A mage has to have both of those as well as numerous other things to be able to succeed.

13. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

To be fair though, he successfully dodged just about every wall of force used.
    He didnt become over aggressive, kept statting up during the fight and was able to break line of sight often enough when trying to stat up (reset the fight, whatever you want to call it).

Thats more than most players managed to do, so to say it took no skill to play destro is really an exegeration.

The hybrid played it really well ofcourse, even in the second fight. But he got flusterd (i think) once he got hit a bunch of times in melee.
    At which point the destro kept on him persistantly. Even at that point, he also almost got to reset the fight, it was a really good arrow shot.

I dont think destro was really easy to play, i do agree there were fewer aspects because of the magic schools you gave up.
    But im confident in saying that its easier to be competent as a mage, than as a destro.
    Its because you sorta HAVE to melee to win a fight, that a lot of choices are made towards a more offensive approach.
    Knowing the limitations of your character is far more important if you "throw" yourself into melee all the time.

14. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

The only reason I disagree with this is because Mages have a few easy to use damage skills, such was WoF, fire knock ups, and blinds. Archery is pin point accuracy, and not everyone has a good sticky. The players that cry destroyer is too hard to play more than likely would be bad at mage too. So in a way I'm not totally disagreeing with what you're saying, I am however saying you're underplaying the skill level needed to play destroyer successfully.

15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Never said no skill, just that being a good mage takes more.

16. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Yeah I agree mages have it easy when it comes to dealing consistent damage over long fights and of course all the utility to deter melee pushes and DPS, but thankfully the main sources of magic burst that exist in the game take skill. If you only rely on r90s and field AoE's, it's going to be a helluva long fight, or really quick because you won't be doing enough to deter a destro pushing you in melee. But the way I see it is between two players of the same skill level in terms of aiming and melee, the destro is going to win every time because of the gimmicks of the spec. Mages need to have more game knowledge and strategy to win in a fight.

17. Lord Kick

Lord Kick Crypt Guard
    Legend

I think it's all semantics because to be a good mage it takes more than it takes to be a good destroyer. But to be a top tier destroyer it takes way more than it does to be a top tier mage. It is much harder to reset a fight as a destroyer than it is a mage due to the hindered utility capabilities.

It all boils down to if the player is good or not with their specific skill set. Some find specific things easier than others such as rays.. Incredibly easy to land at almost a 100% accuracy for me... But my fireballs always missed. Archery was also very easy for me but extremely difficult for others. Whats true for me is not true for everyone else. The argument itself is stupid because it's all based upon opinion and One viewpoint can not be correct for all.

18. Dunki

Dunki New Member

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gp6Wi2zpl4[/bbvideo]

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFK4YU1buvY[/bbvideo]

19. noname777

noname777 Goblin Warlord

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmWzZv4fIv4[/bbvideo]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.