Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Preparation Thread for Live Q&A on 09/22/2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

can we get beargrim a fucking happy ending or what

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    RootedOak likes this.
  2. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Deadeye
    Legend

lol @ all the crybabies crying about reverting combat

Slayven likes this.
  3. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

One concern I have is that we have decided to "make diversity" without relics... I mean, I thought the point of the changes initially, were to pave the path for relics to come out... Seems VERY silly to not continue on the intended design course, and instead pivot again.

4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean I feel like they deserve at least half as much time as Av had/spent, My hope in BPG is low at the moment but saying a company that tried and failed after 10 years + did better than a company a couple years in handed an incomplete hot mess is just really short sighted. I get your triggered but making senseless claims just makes you look stupid.
    --- Post updated ---
    everyone keeps saying things like what the "community" wants when the community left long ago due to a lack of these types of changes what we have now are the hold outs and hopefuls that the game will survive and even repopulate. I have my doubts that it will recover but it wont be because of 30 people that are upset over combat changes that ends this game. Stop speaking for the hundreds or thousands as if they are upset by the combat changes when really it is the dozens at BEST that are upset about it.

5. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

4 Hour long Q&A is way too long for me to even bother with.

I can't even bother to criticize on whats going wrong, because someone would just delete the post.

BPG needs to stream more often and shorter videos.

Sique, Squanto and quietnoobz like this.
  6. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

What I posted was deleted, but this quote is very important for some reason

Oresmacker, Squanto and TyteDaddyTite like this.
  7. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

need some more youtube vids about future changes and an update video on what has been added to the game

Methodico likes this.
  8. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

I think that we need combat adjustment from Df1, now we like it because we know it but it's extremely broken from Df1. So yes they have to find a way to make more meta and many different combat styles , revert it is not the answer. I can't see a game with this combat where you can chose only 2 combat style and where you are forced to follow some '' RULES''. Where is the freedom? Now we have only the freedom to chose destro or mage, melee pusher or aim from far, the rest is same for everyone (equip, spells, combos). This problem afflict this game from Df1.

9. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I just felt like during the Q&A all people that are considered a vet or a competent player was completely ignored almost when it came to us speaking out about the changes.

It literally blows my mind you would change the one thing this game has going for it. To anyone that was competive in this game and has stuck around for 3+ years you have completely stabbed in the back.

The time I personally have to play is pretty low nowadays, but I am with Fengor my light has burned out. Every time I log in it just gets more and more frustrating everytime knowing that this could all be easily fixed. After the Q&A stream I am officially done. I have always backed this game and backed up BPG. Even during my 3-5 month breaks from the game I kept all 3 of my accounts subbed just to help support the cause. I did and still want RoA to succeed but I will no longer be helping with the unlogical direction y’all are choosing to go. It’s sucks to say because RoA was the funnest game I have ever played at certain points, but I will be unsubbing all my accounts and uninstalling. I just don’t feel like the game or the devs are going in the direction we had hoped for a few years ago and have turned their back on the community.

Good luck with the direction y’all are choosing to go BPG. I hope y’all find a player base that enjoys what y’all are seeking, but unfortunately it’s not for me and I’m afraid many others that have stood beside you and stuck it out through thick and thin. I am not grabbing for attention I just want BPG to know how I really feel about the current situation and let them know why I am leaving.

To all my DF friends, the best of luck to you and I enjoyed all of the fun times we had and I’ll try to keep in touch.

#109 Oresmacker, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  10. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Is there a VOD for the QA session? Missed it.

11. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It's been this way for a long time AFAIK. Look at how adding the damage spell extension effects splash damage if you want to get to the bottom of it.

#111 TyteDaddyTite, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

MONDAY!

good news?

13. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

Let me preface what i'm about to say with I appreciate Taylor and BPG's commitment to Darkfall realizing its full potential finally. I think they have done more for the game with less resources than anyone could have asked.

A week or two ago someone on steam mentioned to me that RoA made all these great changes in the last 9 months since I stopped playing(Due to IRL big things that left me with no time or energy for serious gaming). I was intrigued and checked forums, disappointed to find them dead.

Four days ago. Two SB Officers hit me up on facebook and told me about the community QA and how they'd be re releasing the game ect ect. We had a good conversation about it and decided to watch the QA to decide whether it'd be worth coming back to the game as a clan.

I watched the QA. I appreciate Taylor for hosting that. I participated and gave my 2cents but felt I was overall ignored. (Probably because I was under the impression there would be a wipe with the F2P model release)

Darkfall survived and maintained what Population it did in its Golden Era, with barely any updates and zero communication from AV because it had two things.
    1. Amazing Combat.
    2. Player fueled Political Content. (Because Holdings were worth having)

That's why clans play. Clans make the population. I hope your territory control system will revive that second reason. I haven't tried the new combat so I can't speak on it.

However. I'm not getting my hopes up after the QA.

No Major clans, including mine, will want to come back if there is not at least a Bank Wipe.

Im not speaking from an individual level. I could care less about armors and gear and enchants ect ect. I'm speaking from A siege warfare standpoint. No one will be motivated to go in and attempt to match siege resources. Spades from Covert Ops backed me up on this right after the QA. Dim Mok agreed.

If you're not a clan leader and have to spend countless hours prepping and creating content for your players and making sure this stuff is accounted for. You would not understand. I do not expect some solo or duo players who never have to worry about that kind of stuff to empathize. Darkfall can become more like a part time job than fun when you have to deal with large scale management. A thankless Job. Back me up @RootedOak

TLDR:
    Things I hoped for in QA -
    1. Soft Wipe on Free to Play Update
    2. Steam Release
    3. Focus on Large Scale Clan content

Things I got in QA -
    1. Ignored

Big Picture Games.

Please focus on the Big Picture. I know your heart is in the right spot. Clans and politics drive Darkfall's content. Give us a reason to fight. Villages and fast travel are nice but those are just band aids.

14. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I agree wholeheartedly. The game's true spirit and total population comes alive under clan leaders. They create the content under which small groups and solo players live within. It makes mercenaries or bandits out of them. The last year of DF1 was a year of very bad relations with AV, but clans for some reason arbitrarily fought each other. Purely for the sake of the game and to extend the dream of Darkfall.

To keep consistent sieging going takes knowledge of all the groups on the server, knowlege of the systems involved, and extreme amounts of effort. For every siege, there are countless subsequent hours of game play incentives for each clan member to "prepare".

About wiping the server, I don't want to say it would be a must have, but I don't think any of the slavering addicts who are playing now would just quit out of the blue if we started from scratch with more people.

About combat, I can't say I understand what has changed, but I do know that when I quit playing quite a while back, the combat was in a strange place with a high TTK and goofy staff stats. I hope that BPG can come to some conclusion about where to go, because I would like to come back to the game with or without a clan at some point.

15. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

1 could be many different things that would work. Doing nothing is the only one that is going to be a failure.
    2 please
    3 please

tl;dr please listen av bpg

16. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You're lucky I carried you

RootedOak likes this.
  17. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I have been saying this for how long now?

Territory control patch+ removal of ALL mob dropped weapons+ time gated crafting to slow and prevent early power cliffs and keep lower tier gear used for longer+ softcapped progression ( IE: first 3 days of Launch you can only take a skill such as Greatswords to lvl 25 before it drastically slows down Until day 4 when the cap gets raised to 35 for the next 3 days ect) this would be intended to keep character progression in a more fair playing field and not let vets go into macro holes to grind an early advantage and rape everyone who's under leveled until they quit like last time. It would also encourage people to go out and do more early PvP/ economic progression PVE (instead of character) making the game feel more active and alive while simultaneously KEEPING/ EXTENDING CHARACTER PROGRESSION so players have something to do while the Devs have more time to create content

In addition to this certain rare ore and gold faucets need to be toned down and there needs to be a chance for 25% of the items someone is wearing when killed (either PvP or PVE against higher tier mobs) to be totally destroyed, a 25% chance for gear worn to take a 10% durability hit, and a 50% chance for the gear to remain undamaged. This has multiple benefits...

1. It cycles gear out of the economy faster

2. It makes PvP LESS of a zero sum game which is ultimately better both for weaker players and the top tier winners based on circumstances (I have gone into detail on this before but will again if requested)

3. It makes PvE against higher tier mobs more dangerous and interesting

Then go Free to play+ full WIPE relaunch with WIPE relaunch being the major factor it's the ONLY way to drum up excitement and for the game to bring in LOTS of NEW PEOPLE and New/ ReturningGUILDS

Some people don't want to hear that (understandably so), but being rich in a dead game doesn't mean anything and anyone who remotely understands MMORPG player psychology knows we will NOT see a huge influx into a widely considered "dead" game like this without a relaunch

The #1 most important thing is to address the economy/ progression and early game power cliffs this time BEFORE wiping/relaunching because if you don't we will just end up back in this situation a year later and the wipe will have been largely pointless save for the initial 3 month population boom/ exposure/ revenue

@Andrew @kilrain @MWTaylor Please at least read and discuss this internally. If you would like me to provide further explanation or evidence supporting my suggestions i will, but ONLY if I know it's NOT a complete waste of time.

#117 Battle Smurf, Sep 25, 2018
  18. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

So no audio? Too bad, i was looking forward for 4 hour of q&a worthy of a 4 hour long farming session.

19. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Not sure why the link is giving me trouble... Remove the space below to go to the video.

https://www.twitch.tv /videos/313357670

#119 Andrew, Sep 25, 2018
    Dartemiss and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

also special thanks to harley, baby eater, and sixpiece/gaius.