Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Preparation Thread for Live Q&A on 09/22/2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

Wipe is useless because after two months we will stay at same point, is not a solution. And why I have to loose everything? So you come back? Loooool! Please! And what about for the people that have spent real moneys For Gtt and other things? C'mon!

#121 Methodico, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    The Red King likes this.
  2. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

A wipe honestly makes no sense. As for the entire siege system, it's overall bad.

City mines should be outside, not inside. we need drones doing the work for stones and wood just as AV planned it. I honestly think that the storage for city resources only should be limited and there's a point where city nodes should completely run-out.

I'm not for local banking, but i'm starting to think that for holdings only, city resources should be local. To accommodate to that, the cost/resources required to craft anything should be reduced.

If you lose a city, you should also lose a portion of the city resources that you have harvested with the ability to transfer it to an other one. What you lose is the loot that the winners can takes.

Finally, we need an upkeep system for cities. Hamlets are beginning to become worthless, i feel like it should become spots that can temporary be capped for warfronts.

Most will probably hate this coz i've mentioned ''local'', but i rather have a system with a good cycle

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #122 Scrapnotcrap, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

My question to those players opposed to a Wipe when they go Free to Play is simple.

Who do you intend to use all those hoarded materials against?

4. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Have you played recently? A wipe does nothing.

I'd be wearing Dragon and R80s on a maxed character within a week because of spawn scaling and nectar/elixir/phials.

Hoarded materials means less of a barrier to entry for incoming players because they're cheaper.

If anything, they should have a large pve/item/gear release prepared without community knowledge and push it to release shortly after mass marketing their F2P transition. I don't think I need to explain the rationale behind why, so.... yeah.

The Red King and l0st exile like this.
  5. Kilset

Kilset Black Knight
    Hero

a wipe with an enhanced DFO loot table would more than remedy the heap we have currently.

Battle Smurf, Animal and l0st exile like this.
  6. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

I'm pro-wipe but what Animal said makes a lot of sense. But for people who don't understand the current state of the game, hearing about a fresh start might bring them back.

7. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Plenty of ways they can go about it. Let's just hope for the best.

8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

You literally just explained WHY we need a wipe with proper loot tables, reduced high end gear faucets, and longer term/ time gated item progression

You fools removed character progression AND long term item progression (while simultaneously devaluing high end gear even further by reducing the stats between it and low tier gear)

Dumb. Dumb. DUMB!

Proper item risk vs reward is a game like Darkfall/ Eve's bread and butter (along with player politics and territory control)

And instant gratification in a sandbox game leaves many people with nothing to do after month 2. That's terrible for aNY dev team especially a tiny one

9. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Battle Smurf I've already written why the current spawn scaling is good for maintaining attention/more satisfying character progression, but they didn't inversely scale loot to compensate for the increase in kills(one of their many design oversights).

We all know the problems, but suggested solutions are slow to propagate to the developer team.

Nectars should be removed and stat potion drop rates decreased. All of the people that cried for zero character progression never even played the game, yet it killed the drive of the typical MMO player that depends on that feeling of constant progression.

By the way, calm down Mr. Hindsight. You aren't the only one that brought issues up early.

streaml1ne and Lincoln Hawk like this.
  10. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

0 character progression is what got me back in the game. Market system got me back in for good. Only, i thought the market system was going to be a local system so i'm a little disappointed with what we have. You can literally purchase siege equipment from the enemy's market.

I've always been for 0 character progression since DFO and i'm playing now that we have it. IF they bring back the grind, i'd have to pay for a fully developed character to continue to play and that's exactly why i don't play DnD atm.

Aristos's idea was to keep character progression for pve only. I want that for those who chose to excel in pve.

11. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

@Scrapnotcrap I've been advocating for decoupled PvE and PvP progression for forever :( I don't think they're capable of handling it.

12. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Hindsight implies I didn't warn BPG until AFTER...

But you're right that us arguing is pointless neither of us is responsible for this

13. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

Then a Bank Wipe shouldn't be a big deal? If anything that reinforces the need for one

14. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

When they release on steam and go to freemium, i would start playing again if there was a wipe.

WithoutShame and Dartemiss like this.
  15. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

Im done fighting the wipe i just want more players. And i dont want getting high end gear this easy for sure.

Battle Smurf and WithoutShame like this.
  16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

-_- Why would you selectively quote me when you know the part you left out addresses the exact question you asked....?

A wipe does little beyond provide an avenue for you to sell gold by exploiting clan resources again, Dart.

#BIGGGGGGGbrain.

17. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

I quoted the only part of what you said worth addressing. "Hoarded Materials" by Vets equating to easier obtain gear for new players would mean there were a thriving and stable economy. Those new players still have to farm the gold or mats to buy/trade.
    You really see people just handing out shit for low so players can get ahead? Some will. Most won't.

I also specifically stated in my original post I didn't care about gear/armor/enchanting mats. End game/Siege resources are what matter in the grand scheme.

To that last part, keep clutching at straws from 2009. I'll be the bigger man.

#137 Dartemiss, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    WithoutShame and The Cannibal like this.
  18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

It doesn't sound like you've played since spawn scaling was introduced. You can farm nearly any spawn and make 50-100k/hr now. Q3 is sold for like 20-50g per on the market.

Sorry I struck a nerve there, bb. Calm your tits.

19. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

I have not played since late last Summer. So a very long time. Dunno about spawn scaling or the current state of game. I'll download and give it a shot so I can see for myself.

I apologize. That was out of character and came from me being annoyed prior to this forum chat.

20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

S'all good.

Gear is quick and easy. Stat grind is 110 pots and Champs now.