Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Putin's war on the Outlaws

Discussion in 'Clan Discussion' started by Sithra, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Sithra

Sithra Goblin Shaman
    Legend

I was trying to wait for ANN to do the non-biased reporting...but since that's apparently not happening I'm going to do my own account. I usually try to fly under the radar and avoid forumfall, so for those who don't know I'm the SG from Outlaws. I will try to be as factual and unbiased as possible, but who knows to what extent anyone can really do that.

Day 1 (Tues):
    Putin comes into Caxtla with a small party, declares war. One of their guys is standing still like he's messing with inventory, so our alliance pushes them out immediately before they can initiate a siege. They regroup and come in again, and we repel them again. By then we're wondering if they're struggling with siege mechanics, or if it's a feint for them to drop elsewhere. Either way, we take initiative and while our main group defends Cax against their third push in, we dispatch a party to their hamlet of Ichtan. We drop a siege on them instead. They more or less immediately give up on pushing Caxtla. We figure if we win, we'll either sell the hamlet or give it away to a newbie clan.
    We talk to Noobstriker, because we just helped them defend a siege the other day. He claims no knowledge, and tells us that Gentlemen will not be showing up.

Day 2 (Wed):
    ATTACKERS: Outlaws, Ironwrath, Memento Mori
    DEFENDERS: Putin, The Gentlemen, Welcome to Midnight Nation

We fight the siege along side our allies, Ironwrath and Memento Mori. Putin is backed up by Midnight Nation and Gentlemen in force. Their side was later to rally their troops, but once they did they had close to twice our numbers. We realized it didn't bode well, but didn't want to burn any favors on an offensive siege we don't really care about. So we tossed on low quality gear bags, and set up around our stone to make a last stand because why not.
    Definitely noted Noobstriker in the crowd, who later said he became obligated to help his ally the moment we took the offensive.
    They predictably beat us, and follow up by dropping siege on Teneland, our hamlet in Cairn.

Day 3 (Thurs):
    ATTACKERS: Putin, The Gentlemen, Welcome to Midnight Nation, Sinister, Sick Bastards, Lords of Death, Google Me, Against All Odds, Lobsters on Death Row, YermaWillDo, Furia, IKMC
    DEFENDERS: Outlaws, Ironwrath, Memento Mori, (DuneRats)

Putin's siege on was set to go live at 1:30pm PST/ 5:30pm EST, so we know we're not going to be able to have full numbers unless it goes into a long siege. So we hire Dunerats to make sure we don't get zerged out in the beginning. Vladimir Putin and Noobstriker both make it a point to tell me Gentlemen will not show up this time to make it an even fight, but at this point we'd heard that before. Sinister and SB says they will show up to help defend. Then Sendog changes that to they'll show up in force, but be standing by in case we get zerged out. It's suspicious, but with us having small numbers for an off hour siege, we take the help.
    Up through an hour before the siege we can't find Putin in any of the chaos cities or holdings on Cairn, and the only two we haven't checked is Calfadar and Serruk. Finally one of our scouts catch a small party of them, and Dunerats engages and gets a few kills. Shortly after that SB allies up with Putin.

Within 15 minutes of the siege stone going live Sinister shows up with a large force (numbers uncertain, our scout's initial estimate was ~20). Dunerats starts to engage, and we call them off because Sinister is on the friendlies list. Then Putin shows up with ~15, and SB shows up with unknown numbers (but the last siege they helped on against us they brought ~15 as well). Putin alliance, SB and the Sinister group all starts attacking. (Sendog has tried to claim Sinister and SB switching sides as an unplanned last minute call on the battlefield, but actions speak louder than words as far as I'm concerned).

We end up with our entire force consolidated at the hamlet, and enemies stretched around from the SW to the NW, partially encircling. At this point it gets chaotic, but I believe DR was beginning engaging the SW group while we engaged W. We all ended up falling back to the hamlet, and at one point had a small group of Putin trying to hit us from behind. But we knew we were fighting on our bind point, so we held our line and made sure to get ganks when we got people down, and slowly won out.
    After something like 5-10 minutes of pretty intense fighting in that one decisive battle, their force was routed. We grabbed spikes and encountered minimal resistance as we killed the stone.

I told Vlad the score was even, and offered if he wanted to call a truce then. He said he'd think about it, but then I hear from quite a few others that he was telling them he's going to do daily sieges on us just to deplete our resources until we give up and let him win. So we figure it's not over.

Day 4 (Friday):
    Expected siege to be dropped shortly after the 30 hour grace period. Instead we saw Blackwater declare war on Putin, and assume siege incoming. We figure enemy of our enemy, so we offer to help.

Day 5 (Saturday):
    Our alliance brings a party to help Blackwater for their siege. They win, and Putin loses Ichtan. Not my siege, so others can tell that story or not as they choose. But after defending our siege two days prior, we definitely have some LOLs in our voicecomms over The Gentlemen crying zerg about it.

Day 6 (Sunday - Today):
    Putin drops a siege on us at Teneland, set to go live Monday morning at 9am PST (noon EST). This is apparently also during work hours for at least western EU folk as well.

So that's the war so far. I've tried to be as factual as I can, but obviously I'm involved and therefore biased. Likewise, numbers estimates are always estimates and likely to be just as bad as the other side's estimates.

That's what's been going on this week with some of the fighting on Yssam and Cairn anyway: some good fights, some one sided fights favoring either side, some intrigue and politicking....y'know, Darkfall at it's best.

#1 Sithra, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    TryHard, Nat and Grimtide like this.
  2. zaxxon123

zaxxon123 Dire Zombie
    Supporter

Hi Senpai here. You said I said gentlemen would not be showing up. You either can't read or are just a liar. I said I was is the middle of farming a dungeon and idk what my crazy Russian allies are up too. And basically said I back up my allies regardless of there silly actions. I said I have no idea of there seige intentions, and btw they didn't even plan on seiging cax. Who would want that shithole. Then you drop on us and get upset the known allies of the clan you seiged showed up. Like..... Uhhh... I don't even know what to say. I feel like most of the tree's on yssam have more politicial intuition than you do.

P.s. I only read 1/3 of your post. I read at a 3rd grade level that that is just to much for me.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Sithra

Sithra Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Not upset you showed up. Makes perfect sense that you were obligated the moment we preemptively dropped on them regardless if you knew what was going on.

Sorry if I'm misquoting, you talked to one of my guys and not me directly. Something may have been lost in translation.

4. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

No reason to wardec a clan for 25k without sieging them ATM.

5. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

Wall of text but a quick sum up is a few sieges happend and both sides nut cupped hired mercs etc doing all the things that make politics stale.

Inkarnation likes this.
  6. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Worth nothing that the prematurly war declared on you without thinking. Theh also hadn't ran it by any of us otherwise we would have made it known that we had no interest in seeing you guys sieged.

When the war declare happened we didn't see it, but would have talked Putin down probably, instead you counter sieged which is understandable. We defended and still held no bad blood for you guys goven thr snafu.

It was when
    https://puu.sh/wtl5y/120eb1829f.png
    Happened that we decided ah fuck it.

If you want to talk more parks you or rawr can hit me up I'm a pretty reasonable guy.

7. PreparationH

PreparationH Goblin Scout
    Legend

You're forgetting a part.

Skip to 3:40 count the clans in that list....

I shall wait for your explanation.

8. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

Again, we told our clan not to go. You see how there's only a few members of the gentlemen and not 20-30?

9. PreparationH

PreparationH Goblin Scout
    Legend

You guys did keep your word and only a few stragglers. For that I thank you, had you sent your force more than likely we would of lost easily. My point is HE ALLIED 9 god dam guilds, sieged off hours for Na *I get it he's EU*, and on a work day. Then you guys complain about a nut cup AFTER the fact? You can't see you're boy did it first? You're complaining about Ichtan when by very definition HE DID THE EXACT THING 2 DAYS PRIOR. The difference being 1. BW sieged during a prime weekend time for Ichtan, and we approached them since we're ALREADY at War. I'd also point out AFTER the siege was over. He came back with his crew of 20-30 and proceeded to bind camp us AND talk shit. Who's the one being terrible and nut cupping? Who's the one sieging during work days during the week and being underhanded about it.This game dies without people, shit like this and bind camping doesn't do anything for the game.

10. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I'm glad I have a vacation for next 11 days!

Gonna be in a cruise to Alaska w no df politics lol!

11. semenchik

semenchik Goblin Scout

What the fuck is going on here? we put war on outlaws and waited "primetime" for siege teneland, then you put siege at ichtan and our alliance helped us there. Then i told with your's supreme about siege clan vs clan on teneland, when we arrived at cairn dune rats wiped us and said they hired. after this cairn's guys offered help us and we accepted it cause you guys liers and scare fight clan vs clan. now we are understand gents don't wanna help us cause you cried them about some "siege pact" and we put siege at OUR prime time.
    --- Post updated ---
    WE WILL SIEGE YOU NON STOP BEFORE YOU CAN"T GIVE US FAIR FIGHT. FOR MOTHERLAND .

koruun, Bladra and XTeam like this.
  12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If I name my clan to Trump can we be friends?

Cagori Rei likes this.
  13. XTeam

XTeam New Member

Oh boys, vladimir give me rights to speak from his name.
    You guys dont fk understand what u did, RUSSIANS NEVER SURRENDER.
    ITS ONLY START. UNTIL NEW DAWN REALISE, WE WILL COME TO ALL YOUR SPOT'S, TO ALL YOUR HOLDINGS, TO ALL YOUR SIEGE'S.
    WE WILL FIND YOUR MOTHER'S, KIDS, DOGS, CATS, TURTLES AND RAPE THEM.

until new dawn realise.

Mr. XTeam, Meleehand VP.
    --- Post updated ---
    btw, forgot to say.
    blackwater next -_-

LRM, Serbitas, koruun and 2 others like this.
  14. Bladra

Bladra Chosen of Khamset
    Tester Contributor

When we finished digging sand for our cairn villa I dropped my shovel on the ground where I stood.
    High Towers asked me why I was doing that, to which I replied.

Where I come from people shove a shovel into the ground as a sign of war. When the war is over they pull the shovel out to symbolize the war is over.

This is where the expression "bury the shovel" comes from.

PreparationH likes this.
  15. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Wealthy Legend

Sounds like a little miscommunication just snow balled into a war of attrition.

You should set your hamlet to Lawful and bind your blue alts to it as blue shields.

Then you can fight defensively while punishing none red combatants out of spite!

16. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Sinister flipped on you guys because of Ironwrath

Ironwrath is scum that need to be purged from the lands

aparks likes this.
  17. koruun

koruun Akathar

Wot

Why not somewhere a little warmer? Enjoy your cruise either way man!

KingLlama likes this.
  18. LunaryaSol

LunaryaSol Goblin Warrior
    Legend ANN Reporter

I apologize we couldn't get the story out in a timely manner, it will be much more efficient once we have everything set in stone for format/content.

Alaska is actually an awesome cruise, took one there in high school it was warm in summer and its mostly for the scenery, the wilds and icebergs, super pretty and relaxing.

koruun likes this.
  19. koruun

koruun Akathar

I don't doubt it!

20. renton1231

renton1231 New Member

This is darkfall. The land of server zerg's and massive nutcups. Clan vs clan will almost never happen.