Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

PvP 2.0

Discussion in 'Rise of Agon Videos' started by Susihukka, May 29, 2017.

1. Susihukka

Susihukka Goblin Shaman

I'd love to hear their theory as to what rays are.

They most certainly have no travel time and behave exactly like hitscan.

Now its not impossible that I would be wrong about rays being hitscan, but I'd love to hear what these people think they are.

I think these people are confused about their nature because of their poor understanding about how ping and movement influence the position of the hitbox in relation to the playermodel in this game, and have missed some rays while aiming for the playermodel because the actual hitbox is slightly misplaced.

Shit aint clientside so you cant simply aim for the playermodel, but rays are simply lines being drawn instantaneously, and if they intersect someones hitbox they deal damage, they have no travel time, no aoe, and no duration.

#101 Susihukka, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  2. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Question.. What's hitscan?

3. hayland

hayland Dire Zombie
    Legend

uhm

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    SomeBK, Oresmacker and Mega like this.
  4. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

Thanks bruv

5. MagneticMan

MagneticMan Celestial

you're stupid, I had school back then and I didn't play nearly as much as you think I did, I just PvP'd whenever I was on and never PvE'd so it probably seemed that way

and judging by your character right now, you shouldn't say a word, you literally have no life and sorrow, before I bring up your depressing back story, get off my dick kid

(u know what im talking about you emo fuck)

Navlaan and Fengor like this.
  6. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Literally thought it was some kind of Darkfall terminology y'all was using. Sorry for asking a question.

Navlaan, Korag, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

My depressing back story? You mean that my feet are fucked up? Also my character isn't that much better than yours, I basically just have a field aoe over you.

I would love to know what you are talking about, it seems like you are just making shit up at this point.

Kwatos likes this.
  8. MagneticMan

MagneticMan Celestial

fk do you mean your feet are fucked up? LMAO

nah I completely meant something else, you probably don't remember telling me I shouldn't throw it out here, but the fuck do you mean your feet are messed up LMAO?

Kwatos and SomeBK like this.
  9. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

arrows are definitely not hitscan lol

rays are but they behave kind of strangely because you can drag them onto your target within a few ms, this is most apparent with the water ray because it leaves an animation trail that moves as you move your mouse after casting

Kwatos, SomeBK, Sique and 1 other person like this.
  10. Beabx

Beabx Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

Yea, I noticed this a lot when I leveled my rays, you have a brief window to adjust your aim to hit the ray.

Kwatos likes this.
  11. Susihukka

Susihukka Goblin Shaman

no one has at any point implied arrows are hitscan, simply that arrows move faster than spells.

and rays cant be dragged in the sense that you would be able to cover an area with them, its just confusion created by poor and out of sync visual representations, try it you will not be able to hit 2 targets next to each other by dragging frostbite through them, only the latter animation is actually in sync with the actual ray.

Kwatos likes this.
  12. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

this guy is correct! but you can shoot through people with frostbite. The animation really doesn't mean much.

Kwatos likes this.
  13. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I guess you forgot what you posted on your other account, it's ok though here it is. Maybe you meant to say that rays only are hitscan but you worded it poorly, so it reads like you mean both arrows and rays are hitscan.

And you're correct you cannot drag a ray to hit multiple targets, but you can drag it to change what will be hit by the ray. This isn't hitscan in the traditional sense where whatever is behind your cursor is immediately hit upon firing - could be due to desync or it could be design, no other spell behaves this way.

Kwatos likes this.
  14. Susihukka

Susihukka Goblin Shaman

Poor wording or not unless you are actually autistic you should be able to understand what I meant from context.

and on frostbite there just seems to be a "delay" after you leftclick until the ray actually happens, which doesnt change the fact that its hitscan, its simply delayed, just see it as a cast time if you will.

Kwatos likes this.
  15. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

all the rays are like this, just with frostbite the animation makes it obvious. This is very similar to hitscan but obviously if I can readjust my aim within a few ms (whether desync is the cause or not doesn't matter) then functionally it is quite different than normal hitscan is my point

Kwatos likes this.
  16. Susihukka

Susihukka Goblin Shaman

You can only adjust before the ray actually happens, you cant adjust "mid" ray, go test it you are simply being fooled by poor visual representation.

Kwatos likes this.
  17. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

The main thing i took away from this is just how shit and boring the combat is when people are getting nearly 100%'d while in the air.

still find it funny kids thought UW was worse. DFO combat is half cc/blind/ray spam. Its just so one-dimensional :/ there's zero variation in style.

EDIT: the second thing i took away is people really are dumb enough to expect that if they put their composition/numbers and location out there they wont get jumped. Then they get even dumber and go complain about it.

this is like dropping a hundred bucks cash on the floor of walmart and expecting to find it when u finish shopping. U can whine about the morality of right or wrong but at the end of the day ur a fucking retard if u expect to find it there.

SomeBK and Navlaan like this.
  18. Boypot

Boypot New Member
    Supporter

these kind of players are cancer

19. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

I did enjoy the video. The end of the video was a bit much, but me saying that is hypocritical since everyone here knows about the dunked on saga.

Do I agree with stream sniping? not really. On the flip side it does make sense to me that them using it to locate you at your hamlet wasn't really a big deal. There is still a delay on a non-delayed stream. They weren't able to hear your coms or see your position in "real time". The only advantage it gave them was knowing numbers and allowing them to other buff before engaging.

I also agree with OP that if it was someone else streaming, ie me franchise or someone = as disliked, people would be laughing and saying "gso, look how affected this kid is".

@ Jonah I do enjoy your stream from time to time and I haven't used it for evil (yet), but you need to expect these things to happen in a full loot pvp game with hurt feelers and egos on the line. You're Jonah mofo Veil bro. It's like getting a skreww or Dim head, everyone wants it for their collection.

20. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

My stream delay is like, 6 seconds. Partnered streams have less delay.

Also, I expect snipes.

I also expect people to not camp when sniping, but that's me assuming people have a sack.